Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 103. (Read 284526 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Suggestion: when mining is BN only, can all tx fees get added to the asset backing?

Reasoning: individual BN ops aren't going to be greatly affected, they are already paid their share of the block reward, but a steady trickle of fees over time will help the currency's backed %, making it that bit more appealing to investors.

I don't know if this would complicate what's currently being worked on, and it's not anything urgent, just a suggestion for some time in the future maybe.

On the subject of BN reward though, since BNs will in future be using presumably ~100x more CPU each, is there a case for upping the BN % a little to cover running costs? Running multiple BNs on $2/month VPS instances is no longer going to be an option.
Activity: 501
Merit: 503
i'd caution against hounding an already stressed man, i talk to him regularly, he's probably more worried about BCR than the rest.

just my 3.8 credits

btw, please stay off the git for a few more hours, we are using the master branch to speed up the code sharing process as such you may bump into errors. wait a while and we'll let you know when it's all clear
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
Hello all, i'm sure we'll have the blockchain running in a few hours, but i'd rather not be rushed. We are now in virgin territory using bespoke code that is largely untested and while the logic behind our actions is sound and our attempts at coding it are moving forward you must make allowances for mistakes and slow downs. We do not have a large team or even any code reviewers.

What i am trying to say is that (you may have noticed) I re-labeled Bitcredit as an ALPHA project, this was in anticipation of the complex problems i rightly guessed we would face. Right now we have a problem of serial forking as a result of issues in getblocktemplate. I believe i may have found the solution, but that remains to be seen. Give me roo and space to work and i figure things out eventually.

Already some users (i prefer if you reported on github..make documenting and referencing easier) have reported some of the issues they faced so i work based off that and what i also observe.

As for windows, i'm sorry to hear that there are problems again. I know full well that we need to resolve that, as well as simplifying and enhancing the UI, it's on the books , but once again i am one man. Perhaps if this was my full time job we could see a bit more work squeezed in every day, but like most of you, i need to earn, and this has been exacerbated by recent life events. Please be patient, i am working as well as i  can.
legendary
Activity: 910
i will still follow this one..
chain problem has been solved for hxx.
we did forks all the time..
but still at info i now have we will do a coin swap.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Nevertheless we need a running blockchain. Without blockchain we will do nothing.
lg t.
legendary
My last question was never addressed.

Do you know why on Windows 10 the new wallet 0.30.16.9rc will not connect to the network? I did not change anything at all from last version in the appdata folder.

These wallet issues should be the number one priority. Just my personal opinion but with as many issues as we have with wallets I don't think this will ever gain the traction you are looking for...

Linux builds had the same problem, probably due to the issues bitcreditscc mentioned in the post of his that you quoted.

...especially if you are going the route of taking the miners out of the loop and leaving it as a POS only coin. I know that is not what it is called but it will be the same concept with no mining.  Also don't think many investors will jump on with the issues of the wallet.

I would be ecstatic if bitcreditscc ditched PoW altogether; maybe PoW has it's uses, but trying to apply it to what's hoped will be a widely adopted system is flat out stupid. BTC, DASH, every other PoW system will fail, PoW is absolutely the wrong tool for the job.

Seriously, try explaining to anyone outside of the cryptio scene how wasting megawatts of power daily to process 7 (or 700, whatever) transactions per second is a good idea... you will get laughed at, and rightly so. And that's before you mention that pooled mining completely circumvents the whole supposed point anyway.

When co-operative mining is working, we'll at least minimise the waste and hopefully avoid a lot of the issues that have been affecting users. Competitive PoW is one of the reasons why BTC has achieved so little, and is now indistinguishable from any other Ponzi scheme.

BCR is aiming to be better than this.  Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
well, did some work and should be ready for testing.

Still some items i can't narrow down , hoping it as a result of miners used.

There has always been a weird tx on some blocks that says "null data" careful re^100000000 - writing of the internal miner shows that i did not make a mistake in coinbase tx counts as a result i suspect that it may be as a result of something in p2pool or in some version of a miner.

Actually there is someone with incredible mining power, all you need to do is compare the number of solomined blocks vs the number of pool mined blocks. Being able to compete with the network @ 700h/s is no easy feat. The reason the network ended up stalled, is that bad peers were being kick banned and since we have extra rules that invalidate blocks without BN payments getblocktemplate was failing. 

anyway, i am going to push some changes in a while then we can try it out.

Do you know why on Windows 10 the new wallet 0.30.16.9rc will not connect to the network? I did not change anything at all from last version in the appdata folder.

These wallet issues should be the number one priority. Just my personal opinion but with as many issues as we have with wallets I don't think this will ever gain the traction you are looking for especially if you are going the route of taking the miners out of the loop and leaving it as a POS only coin. I know that is not what it is called but it will be the same concept with no mining.  Also don't think many investors will jump on with the issues of the wallet.

This is not a priority !!!

The priority is to start the blockchain ....  Angry
Even if you will download the blockchain, you do not do nothing.

Tip: Bootstrap from someone a blockchain. But, hell ... witch is the correct one ?!?  Huh

So, wait until we start again the whole thing .. and after we see.
legendary
Activity: 1400

There has always been a weird tx on some blocks that says "null data" careful re^100000000 - writing of the internal miner shows that i did not make a mistake in coinbase tx counts as a result i suspect that it may be as a result of something in p2pool or in some version of a miner.

Actually there is someone with incredible mining power, all you need to do is compare the number of solomined blocks vs the number of pool mined blocks. Being able to compete with the network @ 700h/s is no easy feat. The reason the network ended up stalled, is that bad peers were being kick banned and since we have extra rules that invalidate blocks without BN payments getblocktemplate was failing. 

These wallet issues should be the number one priority. Just my personal opinion but with as many issues as we have with wallets I don't think this will ever gain the traction you are looking for especially if you are going the route of taking the miners out of the loop and leaving it as a POS only coin. I know that is not what it is called but it will be the same concept with no mining.  Also don't think many investors will jump on with the issues of the wallet.

Could you indicate what blocks are mined "solo" ? ... I don't see none ...
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
While bitcreditscc is hard at work with the difficult stuff, a quick visual reminder of how the bidding system might influence BCR's price in the short term:

http://s7.postimg.org/m3dptwsnf/bcr66.gif

If there was a vote on it, I'd vote to burn the 6 million reserve BCR as it makes quite a difference to how well backed the rest of the currency supply is once bidding is properly up and running.

Agreed 100% on the BCR reserve. Also, I'm not entirely comfortable with empo holding the funds, nothing against them though but at least being held in a multisig address would be better.
legendary
While bitcreditscc is hard at work with the difficult stuff, a quick visual reminder of how the bidding system might influence BCR's price in the short term:

If there was a vote on it, I'd vote to burn the 6 million reserve BCR as it makes quite a difference to how well backed the rest of the currency supply is once bidding is properly up and running.

I haven't refined my simplistic model since I first posted about it, today I just had enough time to wrap it in a GUI and add some simple graphing. I'll try and work on the maths a bit more, currently it seems wildly, exponentially and outrageously optimistic out beyond 12 months...  Cheesy

I know there are some people working on marketing and promo stuff, if anyone else can come up with a good way of getting the message across to miners that throwing money away on electricity is a bad idea when they could be investing in and therefore directly backing a currency instead, please chime in.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
How are exchanges and traders affected by this? Let's hope the traded coins will not go to waste Shocked

Bittrex wallet is blocked at block 200740 so it should be good as no deposits are being processed.

Activity: 525
Merit: 510
How are exchanges and traders affected by this? Let's hope the traded coins will not go to waste Shocked
I think there's a big miner out there who keeps mining, either deliberately or ignorantly, on the wrong version/chain, and broadcasting bad data, which is causing problems. The dev is working on moving all mining to BNs only, but this is a(nother) big step and might take some time.  

When it's done though we'll have the most secure and efficient blockchain security system out there, which combined with real asset backing via the bidding system (and BCR's p2p banking functions) will make BCR the first cryptocurrency that's actually a real investment backed with real stuff, not a speculative gamble backed by prayer.

The dev is a hard worker and has plenty of skin in the game, I'm happy to give him time to do his thing.  Smiley

There's NO big miner out there who keeps mining. Now are 2 forks on 0.30.16.9 version,  stopped. One @200740 and one @201600.

One of these - 200740 is right one ? Or there's no such as right one now ?

Last time I was checking, 5 BNs  : 188.193.114.167:9995-9998 were on the longer chain, what's the point if the will be no fees for them.

peers:
82.211.1.181:8877    on 201600
91.230.123.101.8877 on 200740

Persueding 188.193.114.167 BNs and 82.211.1.181:8877 peer to use a chain with last block 200740 will not correct a chain (using bootsrap) ?

Don't know who will be the "correct" chain. Both peers are mine. I keep both until bitcreditscc decide with witch will go.
Activity: 260
I think there's a big miner out there who keeps mining, either deliberately or ignorantly, on the wrong version/chain, and broadcasting bad data, which is causing problems. The dev is working on moving all mining to BNs only, but this is a(nother) big step and might take some time.  

When it's done though we'll have the most secure and efficient blockchain security system out there, which combined with real asset backing via the bidding system (and BCR's p2p banking functions) will make BCR the first cryptocurrency that's actually a real investment backed with real stuff, not a speculative gamble backed by prayer.

The dev is a hard worker and has plenty of skin in the game, I'm happy to give him time to do his thing.  Smiley

There's NO big miner out there who keeps mining. Now are 2 forks on 0.30.16.9 version,  stopped. One @200740 and one @201600.

One of these - 200740 is right one ? Or there's no such as right one now ?

Last time I was checking, 5 BNs  : 188.193.114.167:9995-9998 were on the longer chain, what's the point if the will be no fees for them.

peers:
82.211.1.181:8877    on 201600
91.230.123.101.8877 on 200740

Persueding 188.193.114.167 BNs and 82.211.1.181:8877 peer to use a chain with last block 200740 will not correct a chain (using bootsrap) ?

EDIT:
I had thought that both your nodes were on 200740 chain and forgot that those peers are your, NVM ...

The dev is a hard worker and has plenty of skin in the game, I'm happy to give him time to do his thing.  Smiley

There's NO big miner out there who keeps mining. Now are 2 forks on 0.30.16.9 version,  stopped. One @200740 and one @201600.
legendary

The dev is a hard worker and has plenty of skin in the game, I'm happy to give him time to do his thing.  Smiley

Activity: 431
Merit: 105
so howdy guys,

what's cooking! or who is? still wondering when pool will go up, is it when my wallet start syncing> this is already going on for days now.? Cause it is still stuck somewhere in this limbo, what's the latest version that should be out. Front page link could also be updated.

What's the status on mining? GPU, vs Solo or BN? mining in wallet cause of being a bn, how to set this up. Whats going to happen now, cuase i notice some sleeping cells here,

They just wake up when needed most. And afterwards gone again.
Sia coin dev really explaines a lot on how to go@ ! look at his posts.  Are our coins still safe? And our privacy inside our systems, in wich we mine this stuff. 

Could we start mining this evening and sync all of our wallets or what?

legendary
Activity: 1400
Just tried the new wallet before I went to work.

Deleted everything in appdata but wallet.dat and config file. 11 hours later still no connection from wallet.

Any new addnodes for new wallet?

EDIT: Running on Windows 10 64 bit
Jump to: