Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 121. (Read 284526 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
Anyone have bitcredit.conf and .bat  for solo mining. I always get crashed miner or failed.

Thanks

which miner?
I am still looking into the wallet crashes , so far it is slow work.

meanwhile i wanted to bring your attention to the recent drop in hashrate from ~ 3 KH to less than 1 KH.

This caused massive disruptions in block creation and tx processing , while our problem was more pronounced , this phenomenon has been observed in even the most established PoW coins. Many people have tried to fix this issue with varying results. I' sure some of you have heard of  TaPos, DPoS, PoS , Delegated mining and other solutions.

We have come up with a solution already for our system and am still in consultation over some areas. It's time to evolve and shed the skin that holds us back.

I will write one of those rare pointers to detail what comes next.
Might be obvious, but how about reproducing the wallet crash on different types of systems? Maybe it's related to a specific architecture (x86 or x64) or Windows version. (Windows 8 or 8.1) Hit me up on Skype if you need/want help debugging the wallet.

Anyways, curious to hear what the solution of the block creation and tx processing issues will be.

Could be too early for this question, but is there any roadmap available or some sort of future plans overview? A friend of mine (possible BCR investor) is really curious to see where this project is going.

I've always given the idea of roadmaps a wide berth, the reason is that some solutions come faster than others and sometimes we write off some ideas in favour of others, because we are ever learning and evolving.any roadmap would likely be irrelevant just weeks after it was written.

Maybe someone can cook something up based off my words so let me give you some pointers.

At the moment , we are working on a port of Electrum called Bit-Electrum , indexing is taking a while but we should have something public in a few days. I am also working on our own colored coins implementation, the wallet is already on the git, progress can be viewed from the list of commits to any of our repositories on github. Within the core , i am preparing to move us to a different type of emmisions and tx processing scheme. It works as follows :-

1) Tx processing shall be delegated to the Banknodes
2) Banknodes cannot sign two consecutive blocks
3) Rather than block rewards going to the BNs  everyday at 00:00 GMT , all the coins of the day shall be allocated based on bid %

Bid % refers to the amount a individual would have bid for the coins in relation to the overall bids of the day.

Also within the core, I am working on some of the last kinks for a major update that introduces Escrow nodes, delayed transactions and a bunch of other nifty stuff. But  because the update is so large , it is taking a while to work out the hiccups (would not want to add any to the existing ones)

Aside from that, i am also working hand in hand with a small group of like minded individuals with whom i intend to open the first Fiat/BCR exchange that will help de-couple us from BTC. Once we have perfected the platform, the code will be made open source and available to all so we can spread out liquidity in the system and maintain decentralization.

Lastly, I am working on a java implementation of BCR, this is a key step to allow many services that you have seen present for BTC becoming available for BCR, with some custom additions brought in.

As you can see, the skillset required for the work i am doing is very mixed and likely to cause a few headaches. We try to avoid pursuing very little or too much at the same time , but we rarely ever pursue one thing , this is because coding is tiresome work and can be frustrating when you can't figure something out....so each project inches forward, while at the same time allowing us to remain sane and not give up. For example, i was very frustrated by Electrum last week , so i spent the time working on colored coins, while this meant that electrum was on hold, my time and effort were still pointed toward the success of this project, albeit on something that would let me keep what little hair i have left.

If and when there is major shift in policy , we always discuss it publicly , everyone is invited and encouraged to participate.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Anyone have bitcredit.conf and .bat  for solo mining. I always get crashed miner or failed.

Thanks
Activity: 525
Merit: 510

meanwhile i wanted to bring your attention to the recent drop in hashrate from ~ 3 KH to less than 1 KH.

This caused massive disruptions in block creation and tx processing , while our problem was more pronounced , this phenomenon has been observed in even the most established PoW coins. Many people have tried to fix this issue with varying results. I' sure some of you have heard of  TaPos, DPoS, PoS , Delegated mining and other solutions.

We have come up with a solution already for our system and am still in consultation over some areas. It's time to evolve and shed the skin that holds us back.

Might be obvious, but how about reproducing the wallet crash on different types of systems? Maybe it's related to a specific architecture (x86 or x64) or Windows version. (Windows 8 or 8.1) Hit me up on Skype if you need/want help debugging the wallet.

Anyways, curious to hear what the solution of the block creation and tx processing issues will be.

Could be too early for this question, but is there any roadmap available or some sort of future plans overview? A friend of mine (possible BCR investor) is really curious to see where this project is going.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Is the solution forking to a different algo? Just curious as some on Nvidia cards won't touch this algo as there are not optimized miners like AMD.

The solution will hopefully involve doing away with mining as a distribution mechanism altogether.

PoW is ridiculous, the Bitcoin network uses enough electricity to power a small country in order to process a maximum of seven transactions per second. KNC are building their own hydroelectric dam to power their acres of ASIC racks. It's a hideously wasteful and exclusionary system and it belongs in the bin.

And anyone who tells you that all that wasted electricity imbues a bunch of 1's and 0's with value needs their head examined.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1400

This caused massive disruptions in block creation and tx processing , while our problem was more pronounced , this phenomenon has been observed in even the most established PoW coins. Many people have tried to fix this issue with varying results. I' sure some of you have heard of  TaPos, DPoS, PoS , Delegated mining and other solutions.

Is the solution forking to a different algo? Just curious as some on Nvidia cards won't touch this algo as there are not optimized miners like AMD.

This caused massive disruptions in block creation and tx processing , while our problem was more pronounced , this phenomenon has been observed in even the most established PoW coins. Many people have tried to fix this issue with varying results. I' sure some of you have heard of  TaPos, DPoS, PoS , Delegated mining and other solutions.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/new-spanish-service-lets-people-buy-bitcoin-local-stores/

Wondering if something like this could be incorporated into the bidding and distribution process?

Someone who wants to bid on the day's fresh BCR buys a bid ticket for whatever amount they wish on Amazon or ebay or the BCR website or wherever, in whatever currency they want. Each ticket has a privkey on it which after the superblock is run, they can use to import whatever they have 'won' into their wallet.

Or they could simply buy a $10 card worth however many BCR... maybe the average of the last week's bids?

All proceeds to the Bitcredit Asset Fund that everyone with BCR owns a proportional part of. That will provide increasing price stability (at increasing price!) as it grows.

Remember, for users (as opposed to speculators) the actual BCR price isn't that relevant. They just want to eg. transfer some wealth to their family back home, who can cash it out if they want into whatever their local currency is.

Same as when you're going on holiday to LaLaLand, you don't really care how many LaLaBucks you get per $/£/€, you just buy whatever you can afford or think you'll need.

How about this :- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/custom-prypto-scratch-cards-dogebtcltcvtcmaxwdc-572220

I think that idea would be simpler to execute and even  speculators would not mind buying one with their icecream/pack of cigs.
legendary
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/new-spanish-service-lets-people-buy-bitcoin-local-stores/

Wondering if something like this could be incorporated into the bidding and distribution process?

Someone who wants to bid on the day's fresh BCR buys a bid ticket for whatever amount they wish on Amazon or ebay or the BCR website or wherever, in whatever currency they want. Each ticket has a privkey on it which after the superblock is run, they can use to import whatever they have 'won' into their wallet.

Or they could simply buy a $10 card worth however many BCR... maybe the average of the last week's bids?

All proceeds to the Bitcredit Asset Fund that everyone with BCR owns a proportional part of. That will provide increasing price stability (at increasing price!) as it grows.

Remember, for users (as opposed to speculators) the actual BCR price isn't that relevant. They just want to eg. transfer some wealth to their family back home, who can cash it out if they want into whatever their local currency is.

Same as when you're going on holiday to LaLaLand, you don't really care how many LaLaBucks you get per $/£/€, you just buy whatever you can afford or think you'll need.
legendary
If anyone can spare a little time to put together some simple guides that would be great. And I mean simple -

How do I find my Bitcredit address(es)?
How do I send BCR?
What does "Immature Balance" mean?
How do I add a sending address to my addressbook?
How do I set my password?
What is a paper wallet?
How do I get my address privkey(s) so I can recover my BCR if my wallet file gets lost or I forget my password? (Most cryptognats skip this one, and I know a few who have bitterly regretted not taking this simple step.)

etc.

Anything your granny might ask or find useful. Something you wish you had known to begin with. Screenshots optional but welcome, any format you like.  Smiley

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Hey, just letting you know, even though I've been MIA for a while I still believe in this project and where it's going.  Not too worried about price right now.  Inflation is high and bitcoin has been going up, so it's to be expected.  As the features keep coming and things become more stable people will realize the potential of this project.  Keep up the good work devs.  Let me know if there's any non-technical things I can help with.
Sorry for my repetitive question, but has there been any progression on the wallet? I'm barely able to start the current version of the wallet on Win 8.1 x64, it rarely launches but only after trying about ~50 times. Problem is that I'm unable to transfer the ~500k BCR from Bittrex to my wallet... Besides it's quite a scary thought sending that amount of BCR to a 'broken' wallet.

Hope the wallet issue is fixed soon, keep up the good work!

Very sorry guys , real life has slowed work the last couple of days. I was in the middle of a deep testing period of the wallet trying to pin point the issues. I'm back at it and will post results soon.
You sure are a work-a-holic.. Shocked Take it easy, real life is important as well. However, the effort you're putting into this coin is highly appreciated! Much respect and a big thank you! Smiley

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
Sorry for my repetitive question, but has there been any progression on the wallet? I'm barely able to start the current version of the wallet on Win 8.1 x64, it rarely launches but only after trying about ~50 times. Problem is that I'm unable to transfer the ~500k BCR from Bittrex to my wallet... Besides it's quite a scary thought sending that amount of BCR to a 'broken' wallet.

Very sorry guys , real life has slowed work the last couple of days. I was in the middle of a deep testing period of the wallet trying to pin point the issues. I'm back at it and will post results soon.

Not sure if issue is on my end but my wallets are stuck at block 158,559

Did not receive one BN payment yesterday so figured I would restart the wallet and seen it.

Says I am 27 hours behind.

Momentum diff was left high and dry after another massive hash drop off. i was unavailable so it was perpetuated.

looking normalized now and we are going to hold a session on discussing the next steps to prevent this from ever happening again.

we have already posted the solutions but they require someone with deeper knowledge of cryptography to comment, as i also have my limitations. from a logical and mathematical pov we have a solution, but as i do not have qualifications in pure cryptography , we are better off at least hearing from one person who know what they are talking about.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
HGPUPC addicted!
number of BCR duplicated???

Back to normal...
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
there will have to be a fork, or someone with a current running wallet with it setup to mine on will have to mine the block (SOLO, NOT with NAN'S Miner)... It is too far behind to allow me to mine the single block needed... This is the real problem with momentum... THE WALLET WON'T EVEN MINE NOW!!! HOW IS THIS not the priority?Huh  How can you add more to a non working wallet?
Activity: 431
Merit: 105
Just been on a short holiday 3 weeks in Konya Turkey. Had to close my miners and stuff. And since then while on holiday have seen the block propagation and or creation staggering took a day now 28 hrs. But then my 7950's never showed their speeds at the pools. So happy now miouw. And then still wondering if out of all the wallets as bn i have them being paid once a while even though the blocks are found by me at ridicilous speeds are not being paid out to me so guys keep the coding up. Hope to see my true speeds at the pool once up. And hope to see a more stable payout.

Have got 2 weeks here left.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Did not receive one BN payment yesterday so figured I would restart the wallet and seen it.

Same here.
No new block in the network the last 28 hours...
legendary
Activity: 1400

Jump to: