Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 119. (Read 284526 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
anyone willing to let go of a banknode worth at 200 pm me.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
I think we can start version control on the next update. Meanwhile i have submitted code for review on the git, and while others take a look at it i will re-task to helping setup the fiat exchange. We are currently trying to find the best ways to increase fluidity , easy withdraw, easy deposit as well as a means of deploying the model and open sourcing it in a way that increases decentralization.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Looking sleek as ever! Maybe an idea to build some kind of refresh option within the Banknode Manager page?

It refreshes itself every 20 secs or so.

Is there someone doing the version release control on github?

Any updated windows binaries?
Wondering the same, anyone?

I don't think there will be any more Win binaries until the next official release, and there's a lot of changes going on under the hood right now, I don't know when that will be.

If you're on Win maybe you can set up a linux VM inside Windows and build in that? It might take half an hour to set the image up with the right dependencies...
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf automake libssl-dev libboost1.54-all-dev libminiupnpc-dev libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev libqrencode-dev pkg-config libprotoc8 protobuf-compiler git software-properties-common python-software-properties

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8 libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++ libdb4.8++-dev

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libstdc++6-4.7-dev
sudo apt-get install libstdc++6
...but after that you just open a terminal and paste..
Code:
git clone https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew.git

cd bicreditsnew && chmod +x autogen.sh && chmod +x share/genbuild.sh && chmod +x src/leveldb/build_detect_platform && ./autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-upnp-default --enable-debug --with-miniupnpc --with-gui=qt5 && make -j4
...into it, then wait five mins or whatever for it to spit out the binaries, which you can run in the VM, eg...
Code:
cd src/qt && ./bitcredit-qt

That all looks like hard work but really it's just 11 cut'n'pastes.
Activity: 525
Merit: 510
Made a minor addition to the banknodemanager page, it will give you a count of any active BNs you have listed in your mybanknodes.txt file and there's a checkbox to hide everything but your own if you want. (It waits for the next list refresh to do so, so don't panic if nothing happens for a few seconds.)

Looking sleek as ever! Maybe an idea to build some kind of refresh option within the Banknode Manager page?

Is anyone opposed to the idea of having one or two fund raising rounds to help pay for development, marketing etc?

This could be broken up into stages perhaps instead of a roadmap thingo

Set release points of 100% stable releases would be good too
I like the idea, I'm in! We'll need a trusted community member to be in control of the fundraiser wallet.

Wondering the same, anyone?
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
HGPUPC addicted!

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Is anyone opposed to the idea of having one or two fund raising rounds to help pay for development, marketing etc?

This could be broken up into stages perhaps instead of a roadmap thingo

Set release points of 100% stable releases would be good too
legendary
Made a minor addition to the banknodemanager page, it will give you a count of any active BNs you have listed in your mybanknodes.txt file and there's a checkbox to hide everything but your own if you want. (It waits for the next list refresh to do so, so don't panic if nothing happens for a few seconds.)

legendary
Activity: 1050
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on July 31st unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC
Is bitcreditscc still with us? It's been over a week since his last post.

Just checking! Smiley

By the way, I'm really curious to see when the 'new' wallet is ready and how it looks like. Have the bugs been crushed so far?

Hi, sorry

I am working in the background an d trying to deliver on promises made. I have a few nuggets of code that i need to perfect. The upcoming update can be seen on the git, it's pretty massive and has some real drastic changes so please bear with us.

Colored coins and our SPV wallet need some work as well.
Yeah, I noticed.. Looking at Github you're quite the worker, keep it up. Smiley Really looking forward to the next update! I love seeing such dedication and effort by a dev team, great job guys!! Cheesy
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Just checking! Smiley

By the way, I'm really curious to see when the 'new' wallet is ready and how it looks like. Have the bugs been crushed so far?

Hi, sorry

I am working in the background an d trying to deliver on promises made. I have a few nuggets of code that i need to perfect. The upcoming update can be seen on the git, it's pretty massive and has some real drastic changes so please bear with us.

Colored coins and our SPV wallet need some work as well.
legendary
Activity: 1400

Just checking! Smiley

https://github.com/bitcreditscc?tab=activity  

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Not sure what new wallet you mean, but the last few QT builds I've done from the rc branch haven't needed me to delete the mncache before starting it up. I'm on linux, can't comment on Windows. The electrum client/server still needs a bit of work before it's ready for primetime.
Stupid me! I have the Github link right here, just forgot to check it.. But you're right, there sure is a lot of activity which is a good sign! Smiley As for the Electrum client, curious to see it in action.

Again, if there's any testing that needs to be done, or anything I can help with: Hit me up in PM! Glad to be of service!  Smiley

guys is there a hidden nvidia windows miner for this its been ages since i asked for it and no one reply
I don't really understand the question. Could you elaborate?

i want to mine with my nvidia cards is there a ccminer for bcr ?

I've said this in another post and believe me, I have nothing but Nvidia cards.

This is not the algo to use for your cards. Total wast as you will do better on other algos.

There is talk about getting an improved miner but at this moment not, publicly at least.

On Nan's miner I was doing 6,600 cpm on a 280x. On a 970 I was doing maybe 1,500 cpm.

There are better options for Nvidia right now, unfortunately.

Like I said though, there is talk. Or you might be able to get Nan to do one for Nvidia for a fee but when I asked he did not have Nvidia cards. Also the devs who did the miner back during PTS days are not interested in going further with the miners they created. That was about 2 months ago. You can try and contact them again if you like.
legendary

Just checking! Smiley

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Not sure what new wallet you mean, but the last few QT builds I've done from the rc branch haven't needed me to delete the mncache before starting it up. I'm on linux, can't comment on Windows. The electrum client/server still needs a bit of work before it's ready for primetime.
Stupid me! I have the Github link right here, just forgot to check it.. But you're right, there sure is a lot of activity which is a good sign! Smiley As for the Electrum client, curious to see it in action.

Again, if there's any testing that needs to be done, or anything I can help with: Hit me up in PM! Glad to be of service!  Smiley

guys is there a hidden nvidia windows miner for this its been ages since i asked for it and no one reply

i want to mine with my nvidia cards is there a ccminer for bcr ?

Just checking! Smiley

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Again, if there's any testing that needs to be done, or anything I can help with: Hit me up in PM! Glad to be of service!  Smiley

legendary
legendary

Just checking! Smiley

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Just checking! Smiley

legendary
Nice quotable quote on HN:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9945139

Ask HN: Are there any startups disrupting business banking?

”Ally and Simple are doing a great job in the consumer space, but is there anyone working on business banking?

We have used both national and local banks and it's nothing but a struggle. Fees to receive money, fees to move money, fees to send money. There's a fee for just about everything, and almost nothing works as it should.

Cheers

Graham

I do find it baffling when somebody on here posts a story about some bank or other "investigating blockchain technology!" or somesuch, and seems to believe that next week JP Morgan, Cityigroup, HSBC and Barclays etc. are all for some unfathomable reason going to be building their own hydroelectric power stations and deploying pebble beds and tokomaks to power city-sized warehouses of ASICs to mine Bitcoin with.

A blockchain isn't that complex of a concept (how long has CMOS circuitry been around? Wink) and discrete entities don't even need it to be distributed much, other than for failover redundancy. Clue to those who get exited about such reports: big money will certainly adopt blockchains where they find it profitable to do so, but it won't be the Bitcoin blockchain.  

There's a big gap in the market though for an off-the-shelf solution, and BCR is inching towards that but we need to connect with the right people to help achieve it. And the fiat / digital-token barrier is a big one - it can maybe be sidestepped with other asset classes than fiat as backing though, and advocates of some of those other asset classes might prove receptive to a dovetailing of some common goals.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Nice quotable quote on HN:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9945139

Ask HN: Are there any startups disrupting business banking?

”Ally and Simple are doing a great job in the consumer space, but is there anyone working on business banking?

We have used both national and local banks and it's nothing but a struggle. Fees to receive money, fees to move money, fees to send money. There's a fee for just about everything, and almost nothing works as it should.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
A BCR pump from these prices would be epic.

Still under the radar and very undervalued..

Some quick thoughts on the direction BCR is headed, and why:

Cryptocurrencies right now are all backed by nothing. When you push a BTC zealot on this, they all fall back to, "Well, at least BTC isn't backed by debt! Zero > -$200 000 000 000, right?" Maybe, but zero is still zero.

To date there has been nobody willing to bridge the gap between the trustless ideal of crptocurrencies, and reality. The real world doesn't function trustlessly. The real world isn't made up of a p2p ditributed hash table of binary integers, it's made up of people, things, and the relationships between those people and things, and those relationships in the real world involve trust.

In order for any currency to have real and lasting value, it needs to be backed by something other than faith and the hot air from ASIC/GPU farms. Fiat currencies all find their true market worth in the end: nothing.

Cryptocurrency enthusuiasts deride government issued fiat currencies, but what difference is there really between a government promising to pay the bearer, or an ASIC manufacturer promising to pay the bearer? BTC is a fiat currency just as much as the US dollar is, it's just 'backed' by empty promises from someone other than a government.

When BCR holders can see in-wallet exactly what assets BCR was backed by at any time, and what their own share of those assets is, BCR isn't just hot air and faith any more, it's a real-asset backed fund with distributed access to those assets, a fund that you don't need an expensive broker to buy and sell, a fund that let's all users transfer wealth freely (as in, it's yours, you can do what you want with it with no arbitrary restrictions, there might still be a very small tx fee) anywhere in the world. It's the best of both worlds, and far more likely to attract investment than a project that is made of nothing but money that has already been spent on fancy hardware that serves no useful purpose and the electricity to run it all.

It's going to be a long road and there's a bunch of hurdles to be overcome, but nothing insurmountable. I'll take the measured risk of owning a sensibly secured portfolio of something real over "investing" in someone else's profits any day of the week.

Traditional fiat currencies backed by the theft of compulsory taxation (Proof of Violence, as Kristov Atlas calls it) all eventually fail. BTC is just fiat backed by idealism, and it will fail too because ultimately it has no real value at all to anyone except the hardware manufacturers and utility companies.

All other cryptocurrencies are nothing but gambling toys for the cryptognat faithful to lose money on and profit engines for the likes of KNC and the pump and dump groups. BCR is going to replace those speculative bubbles with cold hard loot, and it will be your cold hard loot.

Cryptocurrencies might be technically trustless or close to trustless, but their market value is 100% trust, because that's all there is to them.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
I try the solo miner from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycqnadnjp8rhsp0/AADKNyWsn0oShLPtNGCBliWba?dl=0 but every time i get message could not connect to server and my client goes off. My bat file is

clpts_x86-64 -o 127.0.0.1:8776 -u address:x -g 2 -a 1
pause

bitcredit.conf

server=1
genproclimit=0
rpcuser=address
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8776

Jump to: