Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 117. (Read 284526 times)

Activity: 778
Merit: 563

Observations

Some people are still holding coins in exchange....strange seeing as how they don't earn you anything there, whereas your coins could grown in a BN. @ 50K that's < 0.15 BTC

The lower the hash rate, the faster the blocks....strange, but true...

I think I held DRK/DASH for a few months before I looked into creating a MN.    For this project, I really have not had time to dig into this option.    URL to outline the benefits and requirements of running one?

Think I have 85k BCR...
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
major improvement to the btc bidding process, now pursuing the ltc option and latr the dash option. Those working off the git may have noticed how there were rounding errors and zero values, working to remove those fro final product. We are slightly behind schedule but working on it. Will push changes when i have better feel for whats wrong with ltc process.

Observations

Some people are still holding coins in exchange....strange seeing as how they don't earn you anything there, whereas your coins could grown in a BN. @ 50K that's < 0.15 BTC

The lower the hash rate, the faster the blocks....strange, but true...

Activity: 501
Merit: 503
There are small errors in the generated files for bidding, i sometimes get zero values. 
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
HGPUPC addicted!
Just thought i'd remind everyone that we have a forum....   http://bitcredits.pw/

Just registered... waiting for the confirmation email.
Just thought i'd remind everyone that we have a forum....   http://bitcredits.pw/
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
I'm working to provide the first fiat/asset gateway, i agree we need to diversify. So , hopefully others will copy my example and we can have a decentralized asset storage.

Stunning news!

Interesting project...   will be following!

Welcome aboard!
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
I'm working to provide the first fiat/asset gateway, i agree we need to diversify. So , hopefully others will copy my example and we can have a decentralized asset storage.

Stunning news!

Interesting project...   will be following!
HGPUPC addicted!

Stunning news!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Some musings on the assets that BCR is about to start being backed with...

While allowing users to acquire BCR easily, by simply downloading a wallet and bidding with other cryptocurrencies or fiat, I am not sure that we should be maintaining much in the way of those currencies as "assets," particularly not the cryptocurrencies, which are backed with nothing but hot air from the ASIC/GPU farms and speculative hope. "Backing" BCR with something that is itself intrinsically worthless in tangible terms defeats the whole point.

I think we should keep maybe 10% (tops) of the assets in BTC/LTC/DASH, another 25% max in fiat, and the rest in PMs. Other asset classes are all deep in bubble territory currently, although there are exceptions, but without a full time coven of finance witches on your side you're overwhelmingly likely to get burned playing the current rigged markets.

There are a lot of stackers out there and there's a lot of mutual distrust between them and the very notion of cryptocurrencies, but I think we can take this existing Venn diagram of two distant and distinct circles and bring them together, with the overlap being BCR as an easily transferable token of real physical metal, stored in multiple locations with fully insured and well armed outfits that have been doing such things for a long time.

Until now there hasn't been any vehicle to bring stackers and crypto enthusiasts together.

Consider https://www.bitgold.com - they had 100,000 new accounts opened in the last few months. There is clearly a very big maket for this, but bitgold appears to be a centralised setup, with user access through a web site, BCR can be a far more robust system by its very nature. The rest of their model is pretty sweet though, we could aim for something similar, open accounts with a few of the big gold/silver storage outfits in various jurisdictions, and build our tangible reserves that way.

A few emails or youtube comments in the right place and I'm pretty sure we'd get some positive attention from the stacker community, who unlike the average cryptognat, actually have some money to spend and have an attention span longer than the latest BCT pump'n'dump shitcoin.

Remember too that real world assets and real world contacts and relationships are going to open a lot of doors for existing and future Banknode operators to do profitable business. The current global financial system is fundamentally flawed and some sort of correction is inevitable. The smart money is positioning itself to take advantage of that, I think we should be thinking the same way.

-"What does 'blockchain' mean?"
-"It means they can't fuck you over."  Cheesy

A lot of people are going to get burned as the current shambles implodes... go ask a Greek right now how they feel about things. Go ask a Greek if they'd like to trade one insane vapourware system (fiat) for another (Bitcoin/PoW)...

We should consider all these people as future partners. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
im willing to buy big amound at 220 sat please pm me
HGPUPC addicted!
Beginning to optimize what i can of the bidding process, have already reduced from >1000 lines to ~ 850. Hopefully i can keep make it faster and more efficient until the  "poll and parse" wait is negligible.

If anyone can help, i want to try multi-threading using either the standard pthread or else boost.

Well, I would be very happy If I could help (it would mean I had more free time). But every time I put my mind strait..."It's today!" loads of real life work get's in the way.

In any case, I will check things out once and then... Code is like a newspaper... it's interesting to read and try to make sense of things. Sometimes we find pieces of art.. sometimes... just boring stupid stuff.

Anyway, I like the motivation. I will be around to do what I can.

=P
legendary
New improved ad for my hot-selling MyCrypto app  Cheesy
Imagine where Bitcoin would be now if it had an ever growing assured minimum price? Imagine the price of each BTC now if all the money used in the very expensive arms race that has been raging for years had simply been poured into the market instead of fattening power company and Asic producers' pockets? I bet there would be a minimum supported price of ~ 5000.

Sounds about right. Bitcoin would have attracted far more confident investment and would now be a useful tool of commerce, not still languishing as an irrelevant toy for small time gamblers to play with. Smiley

Beginning to optimize what i can of the bidding process, have already reduced from >1000 lines to ~ 850. Hopefully i can keep make it faster and more efficient until the  "poll and parse" wait is negligible.

If anyone can help, i want to try multi-threading using either the standard pthread or else boost.

If there's eg. one daily superblock of fresh BCR mintage and asset addition, could the asset data (or some of it) be built into that block so that other clients could share it, and not have to recalc all of it themselves, just calc the additional daily running totals of bids? Of course, the client should be able to independently verify the superblock data if wanted, but it could default to the block record.

This assumes that any asset expenditure also comes out of / is accounted for in the daily superblock.

Ah, thanks, i guess i never really laid out the system , let me do it now.

Basically, in order to maintain consensus i have decided to use block count rather than time, by using the networks' average blocktime we have an easily verifiable point. A few blocks before (maybe 5 ) the daily payout block, the mining enabled clients poll api's for the balance, bids and amount, sort through the data and create a file with the relevant details ready for adding to a block. When the payout block is due, clients build the block based on the data supplied. In order to keep things stable, miners will only poll the api's once a day all at the same time, this will result in uniform results across the board (as far as i have tested).

Eventually, (once i figure a safe way of excluding blocks not produced by a BN) only BNs will be mining enabled, or if you wish to proxy mine, you will need a active Bank nodes' key. However to avoid a few Bns totally dominating the scene (much like any serious miner can do now) I will place extra restrictions on blocks, ie blocks signed consecutively by the same key will be rejected. This means each key can only sign a single block every 20 or so blocks (this is enforced by default simply because even if you have a script making new addresses to mine with, it will still take you 20 Blocks to get the confirms necessary for a BN to become active) pretty nifty eh?

I think relaying the data from a few points creates possible room for manipulation and exploits. While it would be less resource hungry, a client can get fed false data , thereby encouraging forks in the network. The way things are, each node should be able to independently verify a block's accuracy. While we maybe be adding elements of distributed networks to the decentralized model i think we should keep clients able to function autonomously and able to verify everything for themselves.

As part of the test, i will release a dumb rc that will have the mining stuff enabled but ineffectual, then we can all compare results, that way we can compare what happens across operating systems and pcs' with different "endianess".

As for assets , the way it works is that there are two different addresses for each asset, the first is a normal address that receives the daily bids, after a payout block, a script will send all those funds into a multi-sig address whose keys are provided by the community. Target address type is a 3/5 multi-sig, meaning that we need 3 people to agree on any action related to those funds before anything can be done.
We already have 4 sets of keys, i am waiting for the fifth to provide keys then we can start testing it out.
legendary
Imagine where Bitcoin would be now if it had an ever growing assured minimum price? Imagine the price of each BTC now if all the money used in the very expensive arms race that has been raging for years had simply been poured into the market instead of fattening power company and Asic producers' pockets? I bet there would be a minimum supported price of ~ 5000.

Sounds about right. Bitcoin would have attracted far more confident investment and would now be a useful tool of commerce, not still languishing as an irrelevant toy for small time gamblers to play with. Smiley

Beginning to optimize what i can of the bidding process, have already reduced from >1000 lines to ~ 850. Hopefully i can keep make it faster and more efficient until the  "poll and parse" wait is negligible.

If there's eg. one daily superblock of fresh BCR mintage and asset addition, could the asset data (or some of it) be built into that block so that other clients could share it, and not have to recalc all of it themselves, just calc the additional daily running totals of bids? Of course, the client should be able to independently verify the superblock data if wanted, but it could default to the block record.

This assumes that any asset expenditure also comes out of / is accounted for in the daily superblock.
Beginning to optimize what i can of the bidding process, have already reduced from >1000 lines to ~ 850. Hopefully i can keep make it faster and more efficient until the  "poll and parse" wait is negligible.

reinforcement of the concepts that thelonecrouton and I have highlighted and discussed in this thread. Not so crazy are we? The distribution method and security of the chain must be de-coupled, as reliance on these opportunistic miners creates massive problems for the ecosystem.

That jump in hash is reflective of the price growth, but also signifies increased sell pressure because the miner is only here for a quick buck, while that in of itself is not a problem, we are still a tiny speck and need room to grow, continued down pressure only harms our efforts.

Now if those were bids, that would be a whole different ball game, the market cap would not suffer nor would buy support. Speaking of market cap, i will be introducing two new terms - "Backed Market Cap" and "Backed Market Price".

These will represent the REAL value of the ecosystem and the price per unit of BCR based on asset backing. While many others believe in the X,Y market cap that is typically used by websites like coinmarketcap and chainz, those figures are highly misleading and do not reflect reality.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow but transparency, accuracy and quality financial presentation are pre-requisites for a project with as wide a scope as ours. We want people to know what they are investing in, let them know as many of the risks we can forsee and always tell them where the "break in case of emergency" glass is. One thing that is truly special about using "backed" values in our engine, and in all presentations, is that it also highlights a global minimum price that you should expect for your BCR and by extension, your derived assets.

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Hey, just letting you know, even though I've been MIA for a while I still believe in this project and where it's going.  Not too worried about price right now.  Inflation is high and bitcoin has been going up, so it's to be expected.  As the features keep coming and things become more stable people will realize the potential of this project.  Keep up the good work devs.  Let me know if there's any non-technical things I can help with.

Sent you a PM for whenever you are back here Smiley
Activity: 1232
Is there any particular reason for the amount of total coin supply?

Not sure i understand, do you mean the choice for a global cap of 210 million or current supply?

If it's the 210 issue then, it was a number i felt would best represent the scope of the project without having ridiculous decimals or zeros in a number in the later stages. While BCR will indeed be used as a currency, since it is the base measure of value in the system, i will tend to encourage people to use derived assets ie (colored coins), while any BN with an additional 1 BCR ie (50K +1) can issue an asset, there will be 3?5 default assets available on the chain, these will represent fiat assets, other assets (shares/metals) etc.

As for the current supply of coins, initially we had a ICO planned, this idea was scrapped in favour of focusing on actually delivering a product. The funds were placed in escrow and generally are ignored since we have no real use for them at the moment. There have been suggestions made about how to handle that nest egg :-

1) selling them to interested parties to acquire funding
2) Late ICO
3) Burn them
4) Filter them into the coin supply via the bidding process over time.
5) Keep ignoring.

So far we've gone with 5, but if you have ideas, i'd be willing to listen.

The funds have been in escrow , untouched for 204 days and can be seen here :- https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?4930.htm Escrow.

The funds are held by EmpoEX to avoid issues, drama and fud.

It was the 210 number, but the additional information is helpful. Thanks.

That chainz link doesn't work. Is there an address?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?4930
legendary
Activity: 1456
Is there any particular reason for the amount of total coin supply?

Not sure i understand, do you mean the choice for a global cap of 210 million or current supply?

If it's the 210 issue then, it was a number i felt would best represent the scope of the project without having ridiculous decimals or zeros in a number in the later stages. While BCR will indeed be used as a currency, since it is the base measure of value in the system, i will tend to encourage people to use derived assets ie (colored coins), while any BN with an additional 1 BCR ie (50K +1) can issue an asset, there will be 3?5 default assets available on the chain, these will represent fiat assets, other assets (shares/metals) etc.

As for the current supply of coins, initially we had a ICO planned, this idea was scrapped in favour of focusing on actually delivering a product. The funds were placed in escrow and generally are ignored since we have no real use for them at the moment. There have been suggestions made about how to handle that nest egg :-

1) selling them to interested parties to acquire funding
2) Late ICO
3) Burn them
4) Filter them into the coin supply via the bidding process over time.
5) Keep ignoring.

So far we've gone with 5, but if you have ideas, i'd be willing to listen.

The funds have been in escrow , untouched for 204 days and can be seen here :- https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?4930.htm Escrow.

The funds are held by EmpoEX to avoid issues, drama and fud.

It was the 210 number, but the additional information is helpful. Thanks.

That chainz link doesn't work. Is there an address?
Jump to: