Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 150. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Anyone made successful withdrawals the last 5 days from bittrex?
Mine didn't make it to my wallet. TxIds don't show on block explorer.
One 5 days ago, and one today.
I open a ticket, but I wonder, am I the only unlucky one?

TxId: 6ab39dbfaf962a723a5eb952a6755a14c0fe57692019c8ec3be50cdb0d863e1a      05/04/2015 01:21:44
TxId: 42fc37e9f543f1b3dba97d5754e23853ab97d74c39a239dc693498e8d476f707      05/10/2015 02:23:14
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
Sorry but what exactly is VC funding?

Venture Capital Funding, hero member. Institutional investors who buy for the long term.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Sorry but what exactly is VC funding?
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
anyone else that is running p2pool, make sure you have updated
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Windows users :- 0.30.17-final

Let me know if you have problems, i've tested all previous issues and they are gone.

Sync'd fine - no problems here
There seems to be a lot of concern about the 6 million BCR :- https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?4930.htm held in escrow by EmpoEx, i have been alerted that it was being spoken about in any exchanges' chat/troll boxes in a negative light, so i thought i would address the issue once again to avoid letting the wrong ideas propagate.

The initial phases of this project required an ICO to help with development and that fund was meant to be it, but after considerations, we decided as a community that it was not in our best interests at the time and so we put it in escrow while i focused on product development. It has long since been there and remains untouched to this day.

I do not have control over it and when it is released it will be made a public announcement so that everyone knows what is being done with it. If you need clarification of the terms, please contact EmpoEx.

Possible uses of the fund

1) Burn it all
2) Distribute at cheap price that people can quickly buy it all
3) Have a delayed ICO
4) Create a ton of community Bank nodes
5) Divide the fund between the exchanges listing us, then they can all host the ICO concurrently

if anyone has questions, feel free, this is an open community.

I think we should use it so secure VC funding....

Burning it is not an option.  The 6 million would be recreated shortly through mining.

Distributing it at a cheap price will not work, it will be bought by a few whales and or crash the current market.

Creating a ton of community bank nodes would only dilute the banknode count, decreasing payments for people who bought their banknodes.

Having an ICO at this point is absolutely out of question.  It could also crash the market depending on the structure of the ICO.

VC funding is THE answer.  One super whale, one price (FIAT or BTC), one chunk of coins.

Fully in agreement, but i want to put this out so that people know that

1) It is not a decision made by me, it's decided by the community.
2) Any negative talk will be nothing but fud.
legendary
Activity: 1274
There seems to be a lot of concern about the 6 million BCR :- https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/address.dws?4930.htm held in escrow by EmpoEx, i have been alerted that it was being spoken about in any exchanges' chat/troll boxes in a negative light, so i thought i would address the issue once again to avoid letting the wrong ideas propagate.

The initial phases of this project required an ICO to help with development and that fund was meant to be it, but after considerations, we decided as a community that it was not in our best interests at the time and so we put it in escrow while i focused on product development. It has long since been there and remains untouched to this day.

I do not have control over it and when it is released it will be made a public announcement so that everyone knows what is being done with it. If you need clarification of the terms, please contact EmpoEx.

1) Burn it all
3) Have a delayed ICO
5) Divide the fund between the exchanges listing us, then they can all host the ICO concurrently

I think we should use it so secure VC funding....

Burning it is not an option.  The 6 million would be recreated shortly through mining.

Distributing it at a cheap price will not work, it will be bought by a few whales and or crash the current market.

Creating a ton of community bank nodes would only dilute the banknode count, decreasing payments for people who bought their banknodes.

Having an ICO at this point is absolutely out of question.  It could also crash the market depending on the structure of the ICO.

VC funding is THE answer.  One super whale, one price (FIAT or BTC), one chunk of coins.

legendary
Activity: 966

Let me know if you have problems, i've tested all previous issues and they are gone.

Compiles fine on Xubuntu 14.04/14.10, BN daemon updated.  Smiley
Activity: 1232

works Smiley just had to remove litemode from bitcredit.conf

1) Burn it all
3) Have a delayed ICO

I know, working to improve that. Miners , have not gotten involved in the discussion, so maybe the BN holders are the miners. To that effect, i will increase the BN payout and try to make it a one off fully functional update. Setting up a Bn is really simple and takes less than 5 minutes if you have everything ready.

I will write an abridged guide

Yeah, X-nodes are gonna take a while, but we'll get there. I was thinking that one major difference would be that X-Nodes would be SPV wallets that use a block explorers then came across this:-

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mercury-fully-trustless-cryptocurrency-exchange-looking-for-testers-946174

Thanks.  I'm not criticizing you at all, I'm just letting you know my situation and how I see things.  I know unexpected things happen and problems happen. I'm just one of those people you hear about who thinks my coins are safer on an exchange most of the time because I'm more afraid of myself messing something up or my laptop getting stolen.

Anyway, I've been really impressed with how quickly you handle things and get stuff done.  You had Banknodes out and working before any other coin (other than Dash), Crave's dev that everyone over there was worshipping was copying your code, etc.  You're good, and you're dedicated, so this project is definitely going places.  Just stayed focused and Bitcredit will get the attention it deserves.  Keep up the good work.

All good, and thanks for raising one of the items on the development list. I'm tired of reading of how wallets get destroyed and there is no recourse. I have been thinking of a feature that creates the wallet.dat + a wallet.bak (backup) everytime the wallet is closed , so it maintains back-ups automatically thus reducing the risk of loss of coins. A further feature would the ability to recover your private key from a string of words (last resort).

It's all part of my attempt at "user friendly" approach. Problem is my plate is always full, so i never get time to throw in these simple yet very practical and useful features.

Also:-

Code:
int64_t GetBanknodePayment(int nHeight, int64_t blockValue)
{
    int64_t ret = blockValue/5;

if(nHeight > 85000)               ret += blockValue / 20; 
    if(nHeight > 85000+((1440*30)* 1)) ret += blockValue / 8; //32.5%

return ret;
}

Final BN payout using moderated numbers. This makes it such that both miners and BN owners can co-exist without too much friction. Slight reduction in incentive for the miners but a 10% increase for Bn owners to stimulate growth of the BN network.

Rather than gradual increase, i just made it a one off increase so we can be done with this and never look back. Only time i'd ever want to look back at code, is later on in the cycle when we are improving existing material.

Thoughts?
Whenever I'm trying to start the BCR wallet, it takes forever (2+ minutes) to open the wallet and instantly crashes when it finally opens.

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64

Trying again with -debug.. Will report back!

EDIT#1:
Weird.. It's stuck on 'loading wallet' for about 5-10 minutes, but magically opened the wallet and finished synchronising.. Huh

EDIT#2:
Tried restarted the wallet again, crashes with an error. This is what the log says:
Code:
EXCEPTION: St11logic_error      
basic_string::_S_construct null not valid      
Z:\#bitcredit\#BCRCoin\bitcredit-qt.exe in Runaway exception

EDIT#3:
JUst found out this bug has already been reported! Smiley

give me an hour to provide feedback on viable working version
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

I know, working to improve that. Miners , have not gotten involved in the discussion, so maybe the BN holders are the miners. To that effect, i will increase the BN payout and try to make it a one off fully functional update. Setting up a Bn is really simple and takes less than 5 minutes if you have everything ready.

Yeah, X-nodes are gonna take a while, but we'll get there. I was thinking that one major difference would be that X-Nodes would be SPV wallets that use a block explorers then came across this:-

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mercury-fully-trustless-cryptocurrency-exchange-looking-for-testers-946174

Thanks.  I'm not criticizing you at all, I'm just letting you know my situation and how I see things.  I know unexpected things happen and problems happen. I'm just one of those people you hear about who thinks my coins are safer on an exchange most of the time because I'm more afraid of myself messing something up or my laptop getting stolen.

Anyway, I've been really impressed with how quickly you handle things and get stuff done.  You had Banknodes out and working before any other coin (other than Dash), Crave's dev that everyone over there was worshipping was copying your code, etc.  You're good, and you're dedicated, so this project is definitely going places.  Just stayed focused and Bitcredit will get the attention it deserves.  Keep up the good work.
Activity: 525
Merit: 510
Whenever I'm trying to start the BCR wallet, it takes forever (2+ minutes) to open the wallet and instantly crashes when it finally opens.

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64

Trying again with -debug.. Will report back!

EDIT#1:
Weird.. It's stuck on 'loading wallet' for about 5-10 minutes, but magically opened the wallet and finished synchronising.. Huh

EDIT#2:
Tried restarted the wallet again, crashes with an error. This is what the log says:
Code:
EXCEPTION: St11logic_error       
basic_string::_S_construct null not valid      
Z:\#bitcredit\#BCRCoin\bitcredit-qt.exe in Runaway exception

EDIT#3:
JUst found out this bug has already been reported! Smiley
NAN , after completion of the messaging job is owed 50K BCR.
dragos is owed 25K , for jobs ranging from support, management and also development.
thelonecrouton is owed 10K similarly
gjhiggins is owed 5K

lol, my pull requests don't count   Cry

If anyone wants to verify their input and why they deserve these payouts, you are free to browse the git and this thread. If you feel it is too little  speak up , or if it's too much.
ok, so far no-one has spoken out against the idea to increase the % for BNs or to remove the DS.

Well, i guess i'll have to be the voice of moderation.

I think it benefits the coin as a whole.  I don't have a banknode set up currently but I'd get that figured out asap if the percentage were going up to 40%.  I also need more stable releases, less bugs and less updates as long as I'm talking about things that would benefit the coin.  I'm not a coder and would have no idea how to do a bunch of the stuff people talk about on here to fix different issues, so that makes me shy away from even trying to set up a wallet at this point.

DS seems pretty pointless for Bitcredit.  If people want that they can just use Dash.  Bitcredit will hopefully become a system that's compatible with Dash and brings blockchain banking services to it and other coins anyway.

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
ok, so far no-one has spoken out against the idea to increase the % for BNs or to remove the DS.

I think it benefits the coin as a whole.  I don't have a banknode set up currently but I'd get that figured out asap if the percentage were going up to 40%.  I also need more stable releases, less bugs and less updates as long as I'm talking about things that would benefit the coin.  I'm not a coder and would have no idea how to do a bunch of the stuff people talk about on here to fix different issues, so that makes me shy away from even trying to set up a wallet at this point.

DS seems pretty pointless for Bitcredit.  If people want that they can just use Dash.  Bitcredit will hopefully become a system that's compatible with Dash and brings blockchain banking services to it and other coins anyway.

Do not be alarmed https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/block.dws?108887.htm

I am moving Bank and reserve to single address in anticipation of payouts to those who have thus far been working on the chain. This includes pull requests and support on the forum. NAN also gets a payout, though some of it will be held back until the messaging system is fully functional.

I will post tx id's and names for the community to verify their input.
Jump to: