Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 151. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
tracking down all weird behavior, just found that "sendfrom" and "move" were not working, yet "sendtoaddress" works
i can't send coins anywere from any of my wallets, and no connections to BN. is there a fix for this or is it coming soon?

https://imgur.com/9tQM6vN
Is there any working binary yet?

Answer is 3 posts above
Activity: 1232
i can't send coins anywere from any of my wallets, and no connections to BN. is there a fix for this or is it coming soon?

https://imgur.com/9tQM6vN
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
Is there any working binary yet?
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
After last update I must say that finally I'm really impressed how regular and stable BN fees are working for me, once again great work bitcreditscc  Smiley I'm good with 40%
Never have a chance to use Darksend, if it's broken and a better option will be available later then it's ok.

Not sure why, but it seems addition of the new rule has brought the daily block count nearer to the target of 1440, up from nearly half that number.
Not sure about the background picture in the wallet

What's that there for... added decoration? lol

Yeah, bland wallets are boring.

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

Patience guys, i have the QT working, but it seems i need to re-write some other areas, meanwhile, if we can resolve the other issues by vote, i can fit all those changes in one update.

Not sure about the background picture in the wallet

What's that there for... added decoration? lol

Patience guys, i have the QT working, but it seems i need to re-write some other areas, meanwhile, if we can resolve the other issues by vote, i can fit all those changes in one update.
Activity: 501
Merit: 503
What's new around here?
Yeah, if it really is useful we can always have it later. For now i'd rather focus on finishing up the internal messaging and stats engine.

If we can agree, i will institute the changes in the next update. Currently seeking the BN issue where they aren't being registered by some peers. 
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
As far as i am concerned , i would completely deactivate it. Darksend in my opinion is a gimmick.Enough anonymity is already assured by not using the same address for anything other than Bank Tx. And even then i have figure a way that allows users to use different addresses while still maintaining trust rating.

I only made it active after soe users indicated they wanted it. but even on DRK chain, it is barely used.

I would also vote to shelve Darksend, at least for the time being.

Use of DS by itself does not remotely guard your privacy from TPTB or any competent sleuth, there are just too may other weak links in the chain, although I suppose it might let you slip a purchase for your mistress past your wife.

Even then, I have been asking for over a year now, to no avail, for DRK to implement optional password protection before the wallet will display your balance or transaction history. Sending funds 'anonymously' to your supplier is useless if anyone can come along, glance at your wallet and read "$xxxx.xx to chocolate-covered-nuns.com, 21 Jan 2015"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

weird tastes much? Actually gonna google that

I agree with your points though. I think we should call a vote on all current issues and have the community decide.

For the next 24 hours, let us hear arguments and vote on

1) BN payments increase (perhaps a static % for the entire lifetime?, i'd say 40% Smiley but don't mind me, i'm a multiple BN owner)

2) Darksend ( i think we should keep InstantX)

I'm not so sold on darksend or mixing but I'd like to know how many people actually use it? Like even with Dash do many people actually use it for much? (it's not even real anon anyway no such thing yet as far as I know) - I'd still be curious as to statistics of how many people use this feature...

InstantX is very handy

Edit: Perhaps just put the darksend thingo on the roadmap as a feature that can be re-added later if enough people request it
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

1) BN payments increase (perhaps a static % for the entire lifetime?, i'd say 40% Smiley but don't mind me, i'm a multiple BN owner)

1) 40% I can live with. Maybe a voted review every 6 months or something.
2) DS is at best a false sense of security for the few that use it. IX is useful for everyone, all the time.

Thumbs up from me... On both thoughts.
legendary
Activity: 966

1) 40% I can live with. Maybe a voted review every 6 months or something.
2) DS is at best a false sense of security for the few that use it. IX is useful for everyone, all the time.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Anyone here that has experience building this on Debian 7/8 ? I have tried at random times over the past few weeks to build and still run into dependency issues, despite building against the latest boost. I am obviously missing something but this is my first go at building this type of wallet with added features, etc.

EDIT: This is a 64 bit system, which carries it's own headaches. Configure fails at this point:

checking whether the linker accepts -Wl,--exclude-libs,ALL... yes
configure: error: No working boost sleep implementation found.

I am sure with Wheezy, it is still reading the system boost headers. If I build latest boost and define the path during configure, it will still fail on the same note.

what boost version ?
did you compiled from source ?
are you sure you've compiled all libraries ?

Boost is 1.58.0 all libs compiled from source. I have also attempted build using qmake (for simplicity sake) and get the error:

/root/crypto/bicreditsnew/bitcredit-qt.pro:540: Parse Error ('src/qt/res/themes/qdarkstyle/style.qrc')
Error processing project file: /root/crypto/bicreditsnew/bitcredit-qt.pro

I don't tryed to compile using the qmake, so I can't tell you nothing.
Could you tell me the "./b2" line used ?

I used the same ./b2 install I always use. Always these little things that get me during a build Cheesy

Thanks to all here for the help.
legendary

Any thoughts?  Happens with new wallet within a minute of launching.

->
Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
WalletModel::getOptionsModel (this=0x0) at qt/walletmodel.cpp:413
413    return optionsModel;

this headache

LOL... ok man just wondering.

Good luck!

->
Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
WalletModel::getOptionsModel (this=0x0) at qt/walletmodel.cpp:413
413    return optionsModel;

this headache
To speed up the error resolving, i will offer 50 BCR per pull request that has a valid fix for any area of the code. I your pull request is large and has multiple fixes, just put the fix count in the Pr title and sign with your wallet address.  
legendary

As far as i am concerned , i would completely deactivate it. Darksend in my opinion is a gimmick.Enough anonymity is already assured by not using the same address for anything other than Bank Tx. And even then i have figure a way that allows users to use different addresses while still maintaining trust rating.

I only made it active after soe users indicated they wanted it. but even on DRK chain, it is barely used.

I would also vote to shelve Darksend, at least for the time being.

Use of DS by itself does not remotely guard your privacy from TPTB or any competent sleuth, there are just too may other weak links in the chain, although I suppose it might let you slip a purchase for your mistress past your wife.

Even then, I have been asking for over a year now, to no avail, for DRK to implement optional password protection before the wallet will display your balance or transaction history. Sending funds 'anonymously' to your supplier is useless if anyone can come along, glance at your wallet and read "$xxxx.xx to chocolate-covered-nuns.com, 21 Jan 2015"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

weird tastes much? Actually gonna google that

I agree with your points though. I think we should call a vote on all current issues and have the community decide.

Jump to: