Pages:
Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 66. (Read 284526 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Please provide every dependencies version. It would be helpful ..

I'm not sure what you mean - there were no additional dependencies needed. I possibly had to #include some QT widgets that weren't needed previously.

What version of the following packages are on you linux version:

Boost
DB
Libpng
Miniupnpc
Openssl
Protobuf
Qrencode
QTbase
QTTools
Curl
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Where can we hire someone to write a digital booklet with full instructions for using everything in the client?
Im no expert but i can writeup some stuff and someone else can make it look pretty, do we have a list of topics?

Anyone want to participate in a voting demonstration?

Ratings:- looking good , first pushes in a few days.... how many BN votes should we use to blacklist an address? What should be the cost of blacklisting? Should we prevent blacklisted addresses from sending/receiving coins?
blacklisting is for addresses with outstanding unpaid loans? it could go down to a vote, or it could auto-enable after a delinquency period. the problem is addresses are so trivial to make, people could game the system by moving funds away from a specific address tied in with the loan to avoid blacklists. even if it was based on the entire wallet, or the requesting ip address those are still trivial to change.. it boggles my mind how to enforce repayment in a decentralized system.

*also i could help with voting demo
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
Anyone want to participate in a voting demonstration?

Ratings:- looking good , first pushes in a few days.... how many BN votes should we use to blacklist an address? What should be the cost of blacklisting? Should we prevent blacklisted addresses from sending/receiving coins?

I'm not sure what you mean - there were no additional dependencies needed. I possibly had to #include some QT widgets that weren't needed previously.

Ok, to test if this is really the issue, maybe if one of you has a bit of time, you can re-write that part such that the transactions are only show upon request, other wise that part is disabled @ start up. No need to separate the two, just having a button that starts the tx frame.

Meanwhiles i am looking at vanitygen  Cry so users can easily create voting addresses and the custom BN prefix we will require soon. Got tired of debugging so i'm just skimming over something else.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

No QT fixes added yet, i want us to coordinate with tlc since he knows exactly what he did to replace overview with the tx page. Maybe we can finally nail down those issues.

IIRC, I recreated the balances bit at the top of overviewpage in transactionview.cpp. (It's coded in the .cpp, there's no .ui form for it.) Didn't touch the transactionview stuff at all apart from moving the Export button from where it was down at the bottom to the top to save vertical space. Then just pointed overviewaction in bitcreditgui.cpp to transactionview instead.

Is there an issue with it on Win? Never gave me any grief on linux.

Boost
DB
Libpng
Miniupnpc
Openssl
Protobuf
Qrencode
QTbase
QTTools
Curl
legendary
No QT fixes added yet, i want us to coordinate with tlc since he knows exactly what he did to replace overview with the tx page. Maybe we can finally nail down those issues.

IIRC, I recreated the balances bit at the top of overviewpage in transactionview.cpp. (GUI parts are coded in the .cpp, there's no transactionview.ui form, and the code to display the balances I lifted from overviewpage.cpp.) Didn't touch the transactionview stuff at all apart from moving the Export button from where it was down at the bottom to the top to save vertical space. Then just pointed overviewaction in bitcreditgui.cpp to transactionview instead.

Is there an issue with it on Win? Never gave me any grief on linux.
legendary
Activity: 910
@bitcreditscc
6CJd8iD8Er59UUcc4jSP9K3NMXeEnkQiuA is your address ?

Translated key for BTC address already in bidding list, i lost the priv key when my apartment was ransacked. It's a hack but only way i could think of for now to test enforcement methods.

qt fix is a simple thing. if you mean the errors in the debug file.
@bitcreditscc

Translated key for BTC address already in bidding list, i lost the priv key when my apartment was ransacked. It's a hack but only way i could think of for now to test enforcement methods.

@bitcreditscc
Where can we hire someone to write a digital booklet with full instructions for using everything in the client?
Can diff be made 'harder' (or slower) to increase than to decrease? Or have the client cap hashespersec and stop mining if whatever threshold is breached, but that presents another enforcement challenge.

I'm still struggling to see what useful purpose PoW serves in the current BCR model that can't be better (and surely more easily from a coding and maintenance POV?) served by BN-only consensus without the extra complicated cog in the machine.

That's the plan for now, to make increases slower.

As for getting rid of PoW altogether , i'd love that, but i think that's better implemented in a whole new blockchain design. I've been mulling over the idea, after seeing some of the limitations with current BTC based model, but it just won't be possible anytime soon, the cost is too high an my talents alone pale in comparison to what would be required to do it in 6-12 months.

I think after we add assets and loans we can try fund raising and if we get enough, then i'll do BCR full time and hire a good team.
legendary
What nodes/peer should we have in the config.

I am running the 0.30.17.5 wallet but no connections at all. Stuck on block 206553.

Thanks.
Try:

addnode=91.230.123.101:8888
addnode=91.230.123.11:8877
addnode=82.211.1.181:8877
addnode=91.230.123.101:8877
legendary
Activity: 1400
What nodes/peer should we have in the config.

I am running the 0.30.17.5 wallet but no connections at all. Stuck on block 206553.

Thanks.
legendary
Can diff be made 'harder' (or slower) to increase than to decrease? Or have the client cap hashespersec and stop mining if whatever threshold is breached, but that presents another enforcement challenge.

I'm still struggling to see what useful purpose PoW serves in the current BCR model that can't be better (and surely more easily from a coding and maintenance POV?) served by BN-only consensus without the extra complicated cog in the machine.
EXCEPTION: St12out_of_range       
basic_string::substr: __pos (which is 18446744073709551615) > this->size() (which is 0)       
D:\Users\Sensei\Desktop\bitcredit-qt.exe in updatebids   

Was studying your suggested diff adj.

I have to ask , why should we change the interval? Are we worried about how long the adj is taking or how it ends up looking? If we are worried about both then your solution works. But if all we want to change is how the diff changes then we should only modify the multiplier....

I fear that if we push diff adj too far we can end up with a frozen chain, unlike the 1-3 block solution we already have. I was under the impression that what we want to do is smooth out the increases so they do not go too far too quickly.

That error is a headache from bidtracker. Haven't been able to make json work.

... that what we want to do is smooth out the increases so they do not go too far too quickly. ...

This is was my intention too ..

Yeah, i just want to know if you don't think we may suffer as a result of extending the period between diff changes to 900 blocks. in terms of momentum , that is a very long period. a single block of diff 0.0001 could takes days to solve.

in this case, i misunderstood the code. I was thinking that it takes the time between 2 consecutive blocks, and my intention was to extend that analysis in last 900 blocks to smooth out the increasing diff
basic_string::substr: __pos (which is 18446744073709551615) > this->size() (which is 0)       

I have to ask , why should we change the interval? Are we worried about how long the adj is taking or how it ends up looking? If we are worried about both then your solution works. But if all we want to change is how the diff changes then we should only modify the multiplier....

I fear that if we push diff adj too far we can end up with a frozen chain, unlike the 1-3 block solution we already have. I was under the impression that what we want to do is smooth out the increases so they do not go too far too quickly.

... that what we want to do is smooth out the increases so they do not go too far too quickly. ...

Yeah, i just want to know if you don't think we may suffer as a result of extending the period between diff changes to 900 blocks. in terms of momentum , that is a very long period. a single block of diff 0.0001 could takes days to solve.

Pages:
Jump to: