Pages:
Author

Topic: BitDrop (or ShadyDeliveryNetwork), a non-robotic courier system - page 4. (Read 30329 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'll add another runner (maybe 2 if my wife isn't busy) to the Vegas network if you ever get it running.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
I can supply a device that peroidically ping gps locations through the cellular network and these devices can be sold to either runners and/or customers to place in their package to make sure it gets their.

Basically someome needs to create a website that looks up the route of the package and then queries the nearest runners asking if they can full fill the order for X amount of btc(along with estimated amount of $$$).
Sounds simple

What if runners are unavailable to pick up packages like they promised? (family member died, rush to hospital , some other extreme reason?)
Activity: 686
Wat
https://booster.io/tipjar/0C8XE2G  started a bounty to get this off the ground and stuck 500LTC in the kitty.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Google just needs to adopt Bitcoin. After the whining and crying stops everyone will (mistakenly) thank them for inventing it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
Any update on this? Is it still going ahead?
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
We'll be kicking off development of bitdrop shortly after GLBSE2.0 is out the door (already 3 days late :s) we'll also be doing an IPO on GLBSE to fund it.

Nefario.
This is a really good news! Grin
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
We'll be kicking off development of bitdrop shortly after GLBSE2.0 is out the door (already 3 days late :s) we'll also be doing an IPO on GLBSE to fund it.

Nefario.
staff
Someone should suggest them to embrace Bitcoin! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Activity: 714
Wonderful idea!
Watching this  Wink
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6
what's something we can do right now to make this a reality? would a diaspora app allow this to happen?
staff
With the incoming BIP_0011, can this project become completely decentralized?
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
I was working with a number of guys at the time on getting this rolling but that was at the time I had my accident. It's still a great project but unless someone else takes it up I won't be able to get anything done with it until the new year at best.

Nefario.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
I would also very much like to see this happen.
legendary
Merit: 1001
why do 90% of all the other projects never get out of the planning stage?
Because talking is cheap and everybody can do it while doing it for real job is quite difficult Smiley

Maybe it can become an open source project? Has anyone drawn up any designs?
I would like to see this happen. I was working on this very early on, but got fired because I was lazy, so I don't know how far this got, but I know kokjo stayed with it for a while. Maybe he still has some parts of the project?
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
At first I was like "wtf that's a stupid idea" but this sounds totally awesome
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Because talking is cheap and everybody can do it while doing it for real job is quite difficult Smiley

Maybe it can become an open source project? Has anyone drawn up any designs?
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
legendary
Merit: 1001
What happened to it? I was really excited for it!

Because I was lazy at the time, and didn't do my work? lol
Pages:
Jump to: