Pages:
Author

Topic: BitDrop (or ShadyDeliveryNetwork), a non-robotic courier system - page 5. (Read 30329 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251
What happened to it? I was really excited for it!

why do 90% of all the other projects never get out of the planning stage?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
What happened to it? I was really excited for it!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Any recent word on this project?
Activity: 484
Merit: 500
I also love the Idea ! and i am ready to deliver ur packets in Europe!

just gimme me missions Grin

I am not able to code or contrubute much to the idea itself but thought maybe this stuff is useful?

http://ardrone.parrotshopping.com/de/p_ardrone_main.aspx
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
looking forward to this project. will totally sign up for delivery tasks in my area Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
This is a fantastic idea.

Reason for bump: I was thinking about something like this today with Craigslist in mind. This thing could have legs being that the USPS is in trouble. Maybe this idea can be re-presented in Bitcoin Discussions as opposed to Trading. I'm not going to do, but anybody here feel like presenting it?

Every runner will be paid in Bitcoin--no exceptions. (idea)
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
This is a fantastic idea.
legendary
You are WRONG!
I forgot if this idea has been mentioned, how about using onion layering (like on TOR),  so each element of the delivery chain only knows their part and there is less need to keep online communication going between each step?
Thats what were doing.
it can not be completely onion-style routing. we will know all the routes, as we are the single point of failure.
of course we will try to do it as onion-style as possible. with pgp encrypted communication between the nodes, we cannot know the exact point and time, where the two nodes will meet, and exchange the package.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
I forgot if this idea has been mentioned, how about using onion layering (like on TOR),  so each element of the delivery chain only knows their part and there is less need to keep online communication going between each step?
Thats what were doing.
Activity: 616
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
legendary
You are WRONG!
solution to ensure that packages are delivered

the sender that wants the package delivered generates a bunch of keys to give to each of the nodes, the end receiver who is getting the package has all the keys as well, each node does not know the others key, and for every delivery they use a different key. when one node drop the package off to another, they combine their keys when they meet up and submit the result to the sender and the receiver.

packages should contain a gps, water sensor, force detector and a wireless transmitter that sends a different confirmation for the combined result of the 2 keys. this insures that the package has not been replaced and has not been damaged. all of that could be combined into a small device.

most of that stuff should be optional, but if the sender and/or receiver is super paranoid, then they should have that available.

i cant think of a way to know if a package has been tampered with.
we have though of this, it will just be a simple system. where a runner, signs with his pgp key that he is responsible for this package, and gives it to the previous runner, who submits it to the server. when the next runner takes over the responsibility, the first runner loses it.
you could also add insurance to the system, require that the runner haves some frozen bitcoins on the server, which first gets released, when he provides proof that the net runner has responsibility of the package. 
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
solution to ensure that packages are delivered

the sender that wants the package delivered generates a bunch of keys to give to each of the nodes, the end receiver who is getting the package has all the keys as well, each node does not know the others key, and for every delivery they use a different key. when one node drop the package off to another, they combine their keys when they meet up and submit the result to the sender and the receiver.

packages should contain a gps, water sensor, force detector and a wireless transmitter that sends a different confirmation for the combined result of the 2 keys. this insures that the package has not been replaced and has not been damaged. all of that could be combined into a small device.

most of that stuff should be optional, but if the sender and/or receiver is super paranoid, then they should have that available.

i cant think of a way to know if a package has been tampered with.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I also love the idea of Bitdrop and I also have some suggestions:

1.) Let the nodes decide whether they only do "legal" deliveries or "shady" ones

2.) Include an option that enables nodes to entry different routes to specific dates (like a calendar)
this should also include reoccuring routes (like s. o. takes the same route to work every businessday, school kids, retired people who everyday take the same walk, etc.).

3.) Consider expanding the drop to be a person
This way people could travel very cheaply and if the network is optimized very quickly

Example:
S. o. wants to go from Airport CGN, Paris, France to Hamburg, Germany mainstation
a) a node who just took his spouse to the airport collects the traveller at the airport and takes him to the mainstation in Paris by car
b) Another node who has a ticket which works for two people (at least in Europe there are many tickets like this) and has a free spot takes the traveller on the train to Cologne in Germany with him
c) In Cologne a truckdriver takes the traveller to a gas station next to the highway near Hamburg
d) someone who works in Hamburg but lives in the suburbs picks up the traveller at the gas station (which the node comes along everyday on his way to work) and takes the traveller into the city.

This could also be combined with severel levels of comfort: e. g. only by car, cheapest, fastest, etc.

4.) for things: include weight, seize and fragility

5.) include secondary nodes

for example:
let's say node B is a school kid leaving his home every weekday at 8 a. m. an arrives at school at 8.45 a.m.
the previous node A must arrive early enough to give B the package. Should A miss B's departure the network has to reroute B to a secondary node replacing B and so forth...

Well, I really hope you really bring this project to life - that would be so awesome.

When I heard about it the first time I just thought how much energy everyone "wastes" everyday which could be capitalized upon and how much this project could do for reallocating resources more efficently (not only in terms of individual business but also in terms of economy and ecology as a whole).

Good luck!!!

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
A suggestion, This network could emulate normal delivery networks in terms of using mobile devices for Track and Trace, A simple android app would allow the use of 2D barcodes to print the public key on to the package, as previously discussed this would allow no knowledge of the final destination but for point to point. This application would have to be designed to ensure anonymity and security such that no one on the network could be compromised, but this would allow both receiver and sender to be aware where their item is on the network at any time, you could also include a real course geolocation as well such that it's a big enough area not to be trackable, but this could be optional as well.

Even though this is an anonymous network, the need for trust means that an audit trail has to exist, but having an audit trail is not mutually exclusive to anonymity if implemented correctly. This could be a way of avoiding transfer disputes where, where runner b disputes that runner a ever even dropped the package off.

Something to think about.
legendary
You are WRONG!
Absolutely awesome! Any news on the progress? Smiley
yes! i am working on designing it. we will have a beta working in a week or two.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Any news?

Starting to put a lot of resources behind the development of this, nothing usable yet though.

Nefario.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
another suggestion, a usd to btc and btc to usd converter.

instead of paying fees to the man, you could meet up with someone that had the item you wanted. or proxy buy

for example, i wanted to get some btc, it could help me find a seller in my area that i can meet face to face with, or dead drop it if they/I wanted. you could charge a nominal fee of like 1-10$ for helping to find a trader.

Oh, wow, that's an awesome idea! Someone should totally do that!

Someone should, but I don't think that will really work out though, it's a nice idea, just not practical  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: