Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfinex HACKED - funds stolen ! - page 13. (Read 32116 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 09, 2016, 06:39:28 AM
So when was that photo taken? It would be stupid of him to go vacationing in the middle of this crisis that his company is facing. While bitfinex's clients are probably having sleepless nights wondering if they'd ever recover even half of what they lost, some jerk somewhere is having the time of his life, from the money of those who they are supposed to take care of. Shit happens.

lol omg does that photo look real to you?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
August 09, 2016, 06:37:22 AM
So when was that photo taken? It would be stupid of him to go vacationing in the middle of this crisis that his company is facing. While bitfinex's clients are probably having sleepless nights wondering if they'd ever recover even half of what they lost, some jerk somewhere is having the time of his life, from the money of those who they are supposed to take care of. Shit happens.
ever heard of photoshop (or paint), dude...

I don't think this person should be allowed out alone on the internet. Let's get in touch with his social worker and make it right.
Activity: 335
Merit: 100
August 09, 2016, 06:36:07 AM
ever heard of photoshop (or paint), dude...
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 09, 2016, 06:06:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
August 09, 2016, 05:53:21 AM
Just floating the idea of spreading the pain around to the customers was enough for me to say goodbye to this exchange.
Its to bad they made something public that they really should not have been pondering in the first place.

there are not many like you.

anyway, in the mean time, Bitfinex owner has a lot of "work"  Grin Grin

Is that the owner of Bitfinex? I expected him to be Chinese since the exchange offices are located in HK. Is there a page in the Bitfinex website that shows who the people behind it are?

That would be nice to post for all the people to know.

yes, this is the Bitfinex owner(the face), Raphael Nicolle. Smiley

He has stolen 70 mil usd and their clients are leaving him to go away. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
August 09, 2016, 12:16:13 AM
When a bunch of white guys want to run their business out of Hong Kong you know somethings fishy.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 08, 2016, 11:31:27 PM
Is that the owner of Bitfinex? I expected him to be Chinese since the exchange offices are located in HK. Is there a page in the Bitfinex website that shows who the people behind it are?

That's Raphael Nicolle -- part owner but I don't believe he is a C-level executive at Bitfinex. He is one of the founders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/4wocww/daily_discussion_monday_august_08_2016/d69al9z
From one of Zane's posts earlier today:

Founder: Raphael Nicolle
CEO: Jean Louis Van Der Velde
CFO: Giancarlo Devasini
CSO (Chief Strategy Officer): Phil Potter

Not much is known about this Jean Louis Van Der Velde guy.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
August 08, 2016, 11:28:46 PM
Just floating the idea of spreading the pain around to the customers was enough for me to say goodbye to this exchange.
Its to bad they made something public that they really should not have been pondering in the first place.

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 08, 2016, 11:24:15 PM
Well, I haven't been on the forums for a while and now it seems like Bitfinex is taking away a portion of every user's coins on the site to pay for the damages caused.

Poor management.
At least they are mitigating the issue and being clear and honest about the situation - when Cryptsy was hacked BigVern covered up for as long as he could then disappeared, and nobody was refunded BTC. Most people in the community knew something was wrong and started withdrawing whatever they could - but some lost everything, of course things would have been much better if they had a larger store of BTC in cold storage. At least this is the fairest solution. For some traders - it may not take long to make 30% back.

I guess we can agree that the communication from Bitfinex has been better than with Crypsty. But that doesn't mean much. Bitfinex really hasn't been transparent; we don't know if they are being honest, and they aren't being particularly clear.

It might be the fairest solution, but it may not be legal. Since the stolen assets were not co-mingled, they would probably be in a stronger legal position if they individualized the losses based strictly on the assets stolen and the customer tied to the stolen assets.
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Just follow the rules
August 08, 2016, 11:17:06 PM
Bitfiex's bank will close their accounts in the next days.
yes they are because they got bankrupt for what happen last week and for those who have bit amount on there account RIP for you guy's you learned your lessons now that do not stay your balance you the exchange website because you don't know what will happen next and if they gonna continue to run the website they will going to need sponsor who can sponsor the expenses or the damage so that people can trust them again
legendary
August 08, 2016, 08:46:33 PM
Bitfiex's bank will close their accounts in the next days.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 08, 2016, 08:36:47 PM
What exactly am I supposed to do with my newly acquired 141 BFX tokens? Since I live in the US and the trading of them will be limited for me, are they just there to remind me of my folly?  Cheesy
I believe that the PR guy has said that US customer will be able to withdraw them. I suspect that this will allow for OTC trading of them and possibly trading of them on other exchanges.

Who is going to want these tokens?

What is backing them if it isn't the Bitcoin network?

Seems like a long shot for bitfinex to try this hand waiving technique.

In theory, bitfinex will eventually buy back the BFX tokens, and/or the BFX tokens will be exchanged for shares of bitfinex's parent company. The future profits of bitfinex are backing the BFX tokens.

Speculators will likely be most interested in buying and/or trading the BFX tokens. As long as Bitfinex buys the tokens at least at the market price and does not force anyone to sell them at a discount, then I don't see an issue with them buying at less then face value. 

Time will tell if they can magically make things work without a bank run on their hands.

I don't see them as profitable anymore. But hopefully I am wrong.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 08, 2016, 08:13:42 PM
Hitler gets a haircut.

https://youtu.be/CN4RdrN80ic
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
August 08, 2016, 07:23:52 PM
Wow take a couple days vacation and come back to some real drama!
Millions stolen, the price of BTC in the tank!
What a wild week lol.

For one person this whole situation might be a complete nightmare, while for the other it is a great opportunity as the price dump to below $500 offers people a nice chance to buy cheap coins. The good thing is that the price has been recovering. Now it's waiting for the price to go over $600 again. I think it's just a matter of days.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 08, 2016, 06:37:33 PM
Wow take a couple days vacation and come back to some real drama!
Millions stolen, the price of BTC in the tank!
What a wild week lol.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
August 08, 2016, 05:46:08 PM
This illegal exchanger (https://www.bitfinex.com/) is hacked. Funds are stolen. Their value is unknown.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-shuts-down-customer-bitcoin-stolen/

It's so funny when they write "The theft is being reported to — and we are co-operating with — law enforcement."   What law enforcement when YOU are running an  illegal forex company(without licenses) ?!?!  Grin 

They are liers and morons...

In the coindesk article it is mentioned that some of their users have had their bitcoins stolen which means that not users are affected? I have a feeling that because of the bitfinex shutdown the bitcoin price has dropped to $555 currently and with this trend the price is going to fall probably to $400 very soon.
So this is the reason why. Good thing two of my friends withdrew their funds there. Damn that hurts a lot in bitcoin price just one exchange site makes a lot of impact.

Seems that all users have been affected by the recent news of bitfinex where 35% of their funds will not be available for a while to cover the loss so not only a small number of users would have 100% loss on their funds. Seems that bitcoin price is trying to be increased in the upcoming weeks.
legendary
August 08, 2016, 04:10:08 PM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 08, 2016, 01:21:24 PM
Activity: 2464
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 08, 2016, 12:36:35 PM
What exactly am I supposed to do with my newly acquired 141 BFX tokens? Since I live in the US and the trading of them will be limited for me, are they just there to remind me of my folly?  Cheesy
I believe that the PR guy has said that US customer will be able to withdraw them. I suspect that this will allow for OTC trading of them and possibly trading of them on other exchanges.

In theory, bitfinex will eventually buy back the BFX tokens, and/or the BFX tokens will be exchanged for shares of bitfinex's parent company. The future profits of bitfinex are backing the BFX tokens.

Speculators will likely be most interested in buying and/or trading the BFX tokens. As long as Bitfinex buys the tokens at least at the market price and does not force anyone to sell them at a discount, then I don't see an issue with them buying at less then face value.  

No matter what bitfinex do to compensate people, i guess it time to realize that they wont gain their trust back for a very long time. If people still trust them and invest there, then who can stop them from trying such hack scams again and again.
legendary
August 08, 2016, 11:21:24 AM
What exactly am I supposed to do with my newly acquired 141 BFX tokens? Since I live in the US and the trading of them will be limited for me, are they just there to remind me of my folly?  Cheesy

ifinex INC, a BVI company doesn't have the right to issue shares to public. Smiley
I think you are confused.

Also, do you happen to be an alt of MPOD-PR?
I don't know what is MPOD-PR.

I think you should read BVI Business Companies Act and how a company can issue shares to public  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: