Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 27. (Read 55548 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
May 31, 2013, 11:24:28 AM
Since bitfloor has a lawyer... tell me why this can't work:

Roman gives the lawyer the money with a list of people owed, and the lawyer contacts everyone with a settlement agreement. If they want their money, they sign the settlement, and he mails out checks... why is that so fucking hard?

Perhaps the lawyer's bank won't allow him to deposit the check from Roman?

Seems crazy to me. It's from what, US Bank or something? Or bank of America, I forget. Go into Bank of America, and cash the check with hundred dollar bills and give it to your lawyer. Yeah, yeah, that won't ever happen but the whole thing seems a little crazy that his lawyer can't get it worked out for him. Pick a new lawyer.

If you are so sure it is that easy, make the agreement with your bank to be the disbursing bank and let it know how it goes.

I've never known an attorney on this planet that couldn't get a check cashed especially when a % would be his.

And yet, I have the sense you don't have 1 who will do this.

And yet, if I did, I'm sure me saying, hey mail me the check and I'll take care of it, I'm sure would work. Right... bitfloor doesn't seem to be suffering from a surplus of action. Rather the opposite, would anyone suggest otherwise?

Before you have an agreement from a bank that will take this check under these circumstances, you cannot know that it is easy, instead you are just spreading useless or harmful noise.

From these circumstances? The bank doesn't know the circumstances. All they have to do is take the check and send out the money to everyone.

What are they going to say "We here at BoA don't want you filthy money, Roman"?

Roman is living off our money right now and every day this waits is one less % of our money we won't get back. Roman is a liar and thief until he can prove otherwise by giving us our money back. There is nothing stopping him from sending us our money.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
May 31, 2013, 07:57:31 AM
On a lighter note, at least Shtylman is having a great time, he's been blowing up his twitter account like a full time job on his California vacation.

Must be nice to not have a conscience.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
May 31, 2013, 01:44:21 AM
is it normal that a lawyer is working on cashing a check? should'nt it be an accountant if anyone?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
May 30, 2013, 11:36:33 PM
He should just take it to a check cashing place.  I'll take a 10% hit to get my money now.  Smiley

LOL.

Wait.  You are joking, right?

mostly.  heh.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
May 30, 2013, 11:26:59 PM
He should just take it to a check cashing place.  I'll take a 10% hit to get my money now.  Smiley

LOL.

Wait.  You are joking, right?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
May 30, 2013, 09:56:29 PM

Roman gives the lawyer the money with a list of people owed, and the lawyer contacts everyone with a settlement agreement. If they want their money, they sign the settlement, and he mails out checks... why is that so fucking hard?

Seems crazy to me. It's from what, US Bank or something? Or bank of America, I forget. Go into Bank of America, and cash the check with hundred dollar bills and give it to your lawyer. Yeah, yeah, that won't ever happen but the whole thing seems a little crazy that his lawyer can't get it worked out for him. Pick a new lawyer.

If you are so sure it is that easy, make the agreement with your bank to be the disbursing bank and let it know how it goes.

I've never known an attorney on this planet that couldn't get a check cashed especially when a % would be his.

And yet, if I did, I'm sure me saying, hey mail me the check and I'll take care of it, I'm sure would work. Right... bitfloor doesn't seem to be suffering from a surplus of action. Rather the opposite, would anyone suggest otherwise?

Before you have an agreement from a bank that will take this check under these circumstances, you cannot know that it is easy, instead you are just spreading useless or harmful noise.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
May 30, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

Activity: 504
WTF???
May 30, 2013, 07:21:17 PM

legendary
May 30, 2013, 06:48:20 PM

WTF???
May 30, 2013, 06:33:46 PM

legendary
May 30, 2013, 06:31:17 PM

If you are so sure it is that easy, make the agreement with your bank to be the disbursing bank and let us know how it goes.
Activity: 41
May 30, 2013, 05:58:14 PM

My understanding is that Bitfloor has a physical check and so far no bank is willing to cash it.

If you read the audenx tumblr all this is explained (as well as it can be from a third party view).
http://audenx.tumblr.com/
WTF???
May 30, 2013, 05:57:57 PM

legendary
May 30, 2013, 05:56:19 PM

WTF???
May 30, 2013, 05:21:30 PM

Activity: 41
May 30, 2013, 04:49:40 PM
And AudenX deserves steady applause for the effort!

AudenX deserves to be paid for the effort.  If/when I get my funds from Bitfloor, I will most certainly be making a contribution to AudenX.  I would hope that anyone else who has appreciated receiving his updates would consider doing the same.

Does anyone have a link to his announcement for this effort?

Original Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dqz4v/i_have_pmed_15_other_redditors_with_bitfloor/
Email transcripts on tumblr: http://audenx.tumblr.com/
legendary
May 30, 2013, 04:02:31 PM

AudenX deserves to be paid for the effort.  If/when I get my funds from Bitfloor, I will most certainly be making a contribution to AudenX.  I would hope that anyone else who has appreciated receiving his updates would consider doing the same.

Does anyone have a link to his announcement for this effort?
legendary
May 30, 2013, 03:59:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
May 30, 2013, 01:35:25 PM
Bitfloor doesn't owe me any cash from the recent bank seizure, but it owes me about 195BTC from the September hack. Should I add myself to AudenX's list, to try to get all the outstanding USD evenly divided, to get a portion of the money too?

Be strong, and say your quiet goodbyes to those BTC.

But... I'd rather join the quire, and take some of money they hope to get too...  Cry
Activity: 54
May 30, 2013, 01:31:34 PM
Bitfloor doesn't owe me any cash from the recent bank seizure, but it owes me about 195BTC from the September hack. Should I add myself to AudenX's list, to try to get all the outstanding USD evenly divided, to get a portion of the money too?

Be strong, and say your quiet goodbyes to those BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: