Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 29. (Read 55548 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
May 27, 2013, 02:38:44 PM
Now he completely forgot about BitFloor and is just living a regular life. What crime can we call this? He owes us money and is just neglecting it...

At this point you wonder if he made a deal with someone.

Close up shop, and we won't prosecute you for anything bitcoin related. We want you shut down. Keep their money and we won't prosecute you criminally for it either. You can just take a few civil suits, declare bankruptcy and have a blast with all your cash.

That sounds pretty realistic based on the way he is holding everyone's money.

For the sake of argument, if we assume for the moment that Roman is an honest and trustworthy person who is legitimately interested in getting everyone's USD balances back to everyone . . .

I'm curious, what bank would allow you to open an account if you informed them that your plan was to deposit a single check in excess of $500,000 (could it be in excess of $1 million?), then split that balance up into many ACH transfers over the course of a few days, then close the account?

He's holding a check (a piece of paper IOU that has a dollar amount written on it) and somehow he needs to find a bank that will allow him to open a business account for a defunct business that will close it's account a few days latter?

I'm curious how he's going to solve this.
I'm willing to work with my bank to let this be deposited to an account, and dispensed according to his records.

Would you be willing to do this if there was a good possibility that the bank would be forced by FinCEN to close your accounts on you?

Are you sure that your bank would be willing to participate in this transaction?

I suggest talking with your bank, letting them know exactly what you intend to do, and why, and then if the bank is willing to cooperate and can assure you that your account will not be closed due to this activity, contact Roman and/or his lawyer.

I suspect you will find that your bank will not be as cooperative as you think they will.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
May 27, 2013, 02:31:14 PM
Now he completely forgot about BitFloor and is just living a regular life. What crime can we call this? He owes us money and is just neglecting it...

Close up shop, and we won't prosecute you for anything bitcoin related. We want you shut down. Keep their money and we won't prosecute you criminally for it either. You can just take a few civil suits, declare bankruptcy and have a blast with all your cash.

For the sake of argument, if we assume for the moment that Roman is an honest and trustworthy person who is legitimately interested in getting everyone's USD balances back to everyone . . .

I'm curious, what bank would allow you to open an account if you informed them that your plan was to deposit a single check in excess of $500,000 (could it be in excess of $1 million?), then split that balance up into many ACH transfers over the course of a few days, then close the account?

He's holding a check (a piece of paper IOU that has a dollar amount written on it) and somehow he needs to find a bank that will allow him to open a business account for a defunct business that will close it's account a few days latter?

I'm willing to work with my bank to let this be deposited to an account, and dispensed according to his records.  I am convinced that the several days that it takes to "clear" a check is used to the bank's advantage.

I am sure others would come forth with technical and administrative solutions as well, if we had information to work with.

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
May 27, 2013, 12:17:08 PM

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
May 27, 2013, 12:15:00 PM

More realistic is that he didn't make a deal with anyone. After the first BitFloor hack he is so much in debt to those that he will never be able to pay it back in his life. Right now he is just spending our money as much as he wants and nobody even called the cops on him yet.

I don't understand how when Bitcoin-24 went down there were thousands of users, a seperate btc24-help forum setup, federal police in Germany investigating. Then here on BitFloor he runs and nobody even bats an eye.
Activity: 504
WTF???
May 27, 2013, 12:11:23 PM

Activity: 854
May 26, 2013, 10:53:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 24, 2013, 10:46:37 PM
I do not know what you all are complaining about.   He updates his twitter quite often and is enjoying his visit to the bay area.   What do you expect him to do?   Spend his leisure time working on the solution to giant (unfun) mess that he created just because it involves other people's money?

Be reasonable, the guy has to live.

https://twitter.com/defunctzombie

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
May 24, 2013, 03:34:43 PM
I do not know what you all are complaining about.   He updates his twitter quite often and is enjoying his visit to the bay area.   What do you expect him to do?   Spend his leisure time working on the solution to giant (unfun) mess that he created just because it involves other people's money?
Be reasonable, the guy has to live.   
https://twitter.com/defunctzombie
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
May 24, 2013, 03:21:44 PM
Staring at the bitfloor screen again today and no update present. 
It's been 11 days
since they were supposed to be "working on a way to start returning funds".

This is becoming frustrating.   

Funny thing is, the next update should be something along the lines of, "The check's in the mail".
WTF???
May 22, 2013, 09:56:23 AM
guy probably deposited the million dollar check and is earning interest on it while he "looks for solutions"

In a savings account, best case scenario $1000 a month? That doesn't sound like too great of a reward for how much people are owed.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
May 21, 2013, 04:03:12 PM
guy probably deposited the million dollar check and is earning interest on it while he "looks for solutions"
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hodl regularly and often!
May 20, 2013, 11:04:42 PM
Maybe Roman should play peerbet, lol? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 20, 2013, 10:43:22 PM
looks like Roman could'nt hire that car after all....

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie

Fucking awesome. My remaining personal credit card accounts have been closed on me due to business decisions.
11:00 PM - 20 May 13

Has it accorded to anybody as to WHY he's taking the time to post on Twitter?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
May 20, 2013, 01:56:10 PM
looks like Roman could'nt hire that car after all....

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie

Fucking awesome. My remaining personal credit card accounts have been closed on me due to business decisions.
11:00 PM - 20 May 13
WTF???
May 20, 2013, 01:50:56 PM
Maybe he is working this hard to try and get the people their 23,000 BTC from the FIRST screwup he did?    Model BTC citizen this guy is.    His level of respect for customers is so low, he probably could not even get a job at BFL or Avalon.

lol

+1
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
May 20, 2013, 01:46:11 PM
If I wanted to be a money transmitter and had some funds, I think I would go to bitcoin2013, meet some West Coast VC people, meet with some banks, and enter into some agreements.  Might especially look for a small bank or exchange that wants to shelter my technology.

My tweets might look a lot like Roman's.  I certainly would not disclose names and meeting times.

+1
If you wanted to meet Roger Ver, Charlie Shrem, Erik Voorhees, and Toni Gallippi (and I hope I spelled all that right), chances are you'd have been out of luck, because instead of attending the conference for the sake of being at a conference, all those guys realized that they'll all be in the same place at the same time, and decided that their time would be best spent having in-person meetings with each other and other businesses. I worked the Bitcoinstore table for three days, morning till dawn, and saw Roger Ver maybe 4 times the entire time, and mostly in passing. I know a few of the business owners there will be staying in San Jose for a few days after the conference, too. So, I hope that's what Roman is up to as well.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
May 20, 2013, 01:40:08 PM
Maybe he is working this hard to try and get the people their 23,000 BTC from the FIRST screwup he did?    Model BTC citizen this guy is.    His level of respect for customers is so low, he probably could not even get a job at BFL or Avalon.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
May 20, 2013, 01:37:23 PM
Yes, and just in case anybody has any lingering dreams of getting their money back any time in the next few weeks, sorry to ruin your dreams... but here's an indication of how hard Roman is working on your problem. This is his Twitter feed, updated just moments ago: (https://twitter.com/defunctzombie)

-------------------

Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 18 May
    @substack @Raynos chilling in the bay area for the next few weeks. Would like to hop around and need places to crash.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 19 May
    @defunctzombie let me know when

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 1h ago
    @Raynos anytime from now till end of month Smiley whatever is best for you. I am just hanging in the area.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 18m ago
    @defunctzombie I have space tonight, just let me know.

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 10m ago
    @Raynos sweet! I am renting a car right now. Shoot me an email with where I should go. I have a lunch meeting but nothing after that.

-------------------

You know .. he's 'just hangin in the area' .. cuz there aint nothin important waiting for his attention.

Anybody care to wager on whether or not he will wait until he's back from San Francisco to finish dealing with Bitfloor customers?

If even then?

If I wanted to be a money transmitter and had some funds, I think I would go to bitcoin2013, meet some West Coast VC people, meet with some banks, and enter into some agreements.  Might especially look for a small bank or exchange that wants to shelter my technology.

My tweets might look a lot like Roman's.  I certainly would not disclose names and meeting times.

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
May 20, 2013, 01:24:05 PM
Yes, and just in case anybody has any lingering dreams of getting their money back any time in the next few weeks, sorry to ruin your dreams... but here's an indication of how hard Roman is working on your problem. This is his Twitter feed, updated just moments ago: (https://twitter.com/defunctzombie)

-------------------

Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 18 May
    @substack @Raynos chilling in the bay area for the next few weeks. Would like to hop around and need places to crash.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 19 May
    @defunctzombie let me know when

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 1h ago
    @Raynos anytime from now till end of month Smiley whatever is best for you. I am just hanging in the area.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 18m ago
    @defunctzombie I have space tonight, just let me know.

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 10m ago
    @Raynos sweet! I am renting a car right now. Shoot me an email with where I should go. I have a lunch meeting but nothing after that.

-------------------

You know .. he's 'just hangin in the area' .. cuz there aint nothin important waiting for his attention.

Anybody care to wager on whether or not he will wait until he's back from San Francisco to finish dealing with Bitfloor customers?

If even then?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
May 20, 2013, 06:00:41 AM
I've had to suspend most of my trading activities coz my money is tied up with him, but Roman has'nt skipped a beat. He's prancing around going to the Bitcoin conference etc.

is that what he calls "trying to make that happen as quickly as possible"?
Pages:
Jump to: