Pages:
Author

Topic: bitfloor issues? - page 40. (Read 55548 times)

MOB
Activity: 493
Merit: 504
April 18, 2013, 12:47:38 AM
I don't understand the drama.

I bought some BTC, sent those to Gox and ACH'ed the rest of my USD back to my account.

Ideal?  No. But perfectly understandable--yes.  I can still log into my account and process an ACH again if I still had funds.  What is the deal people.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 18, 2013, 12:41:55 AM
Everyone's USD is fine. Relax everyone.

Let me emphasize: There is no problem relating to USD, there is no debt, there is nobody owing anybody anything. This was made clear in the announcement and the email. You can get your USD out perfectly fine.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
April 18, 2013, 12:22:30 AM
Yes.  We prefer to control the hardware, security, and backup procedures ourselves.  A service agreement can't recover your data.

I should have clarified I didn't believe his IP was in the headers.  I just wanted to correct your statement that only the sender ip was in the headers.

That said, I will now hopefully make you smile so you can just drop the attacks and move on with your life.

fitty, you win the internet

Google apps is free bro, it's more secure then whatever bootleg server you're running in your bedroom.

99.9999% of the planet isn't running a mail server out of their basement. Your IP is not in the headers. You made it seem like it was. 99.9999% of the time it's not. So it's not worth mentioning.

I really don't like the idea of depending on a corporation to keep my data safe.

Thanks for putting more words in my mouth that I never said or intended to convey.

I now retract my statement.  I gave you the win, but you're too cocky to just accept it and be happy.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 18, 2013, 12:18:37 AM
People are withdrawing bitcoin fine but what about usd?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
April 18, 2013, 12:07:16 AM
Bitfloor stole what, 20,000 BTC from customers last summer/fall. I still can't understand why anyone would trust them with a dime after that. This result is far from surprising.
people that refill a "vault" that has already been robbed once and has done little to become more professional deserve what happens to them.   The sooner the amateurs are pushed out of BTC, the better.   Scammers and Incompetents are like pigeons, if idiots keep feeding them, more will come each day.
donator
Activity: 294
April 18, 2013, 12:04:42 AM
Bitfloor stole what, 20,000 BTC from customers last summer/fall. I still can't understand why anyone would trust them with a dime after that. This result is far from surprising.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
April 18, 2013, 12:02:00 AM
i'm pretty pissed i didn't get this email. now i'm stuck with USD in an account filled with uncertainty

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I had been moving in and out of cash all day and happened to sell all my coins for a while because I thought there would be a buying opportunity coming up. 20 minutes later I noticed all of my asks were snatched up, shortly after was the first time I received any notice from bitfloor and it was the generic "trading will halt at 6".

Now I'm stuck with dollars and no way to readily convert them back into coins. Its totally my fault for not having a backup exchange setup for deposits, but the fact that a group or groups of people were able to trade all day knowing what was going to happen while others like myself assumed it was just another day in volatility-land is pretty fucked up.

I'm not hating on bitfloor for anything in the past and I'm not worried about any funds or coins getting back to their owners in connection with this, but I am pissed that I have to find some way to get back into coins. All I can really do is hope we end up back at $60 by the time that happens.

Activity: 252
April 17, 2013, 11:44:47 PM
At the same time in the back of my hind im thinking they were trying to do it in groups or maybe timezones so they dont overwhelmed or cause a panic.. but still!!!!! (anything with funds involved!!)

i understand if they wanted to stagger the emails, but at least make sure that ALL customers receive the emails in time to actually make a decision before you close down the market. that just screams shady

Lol, just withdraw it, I don't know what all the fuss is.

who wants to wait a week+ to get USD in bank, then wait another week to get it back onto another exchange? what the hell are you talking about. its obivous you are a bitfloor apologist. i am not anti-bitfloor, i liked them very much and recommended them often.
April 17, 2013, 11:43:07 PM
i understand if they wanted to stagger the emails, but at least make sure that ALL customers receive the emails in time to actually make a decision before you close down the market. that just screams shady
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 17, 2013, 11:41:21 PM
i'm pretty pissed i didn't get this email. now i'm stuck with USD in an account filled with uncertainty

Man, sorry about that.. I didnt get the email either, i had some kind of premonition and pulled out my USD and bitcoin 3-4 days ago.. I can only imagine youre position. I read on bitfloors twitter account that funds are safe so you should have no worries! If bitfloor ever came back than never receiving and email would be a huge gripe to bring up! Thats the first thing i would ask!! You have a huge issue regarding funds that leave you indefinitely closed and you dont notify all youre customers??! At the same time in the back of my hind im thinking they were trying to do it in groups or maybe timezones so they dont overwhelmed or cause a panic.. but still!!!!! (anything with funds involved!!)

If i was bitfloor i woulve been like .. hey guys bank of america feked us and were done! Come get youre funds asap..
lolz (ok so im trying to make a lil light of the situation but..)

Hope youre all good. Once they enabled direct deposit funds were in my account 2 1/2 days.. or sooner. Just enabling direct deposit took 2-3 days tho..

Good luck & let us know!

Activity: 448
April 17, 2013, 11:38:26 PM

Lol, just withdraw it, I don't know what all the fuss is.

Based on BofA's past actions, we can make an educated guess that Roman received 30 days notice that his account would be closed, with no reason given. He has plenty of time to honor ACHs. In case anyone is in isolation or on an extended vacation, still no problem because when they get back and find out what happen, BoA would have sent Roman the remaining balance in a cashier's check, Roman would have found a new bank account, and vacation-dude would log on and ACH his money out like nothing happened.

Fortunately we live in a world where banks that close accounts don't also steal all the money in the accounts. For now.
 Grin
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 17, 2013, 11:27:59 PM
So two of the 4 major Bitcoin exchanges knocked down with a couple of weeks!

24 is gone,
Floor is gone,
Now we have BTCE and Gox left.
April 17, 2013, 11:17:36 PM
Activity: 448
April 17, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
Got my Bitcoin out to my wallet in time, but Bitfloor owes me a good chunk of US$.
I do hope they honor their debts, and pay all people whom they owe.

If anyone from Bitfloor is reading this, please indicate how and when you are going to resolve problems related to USD that you owe former users.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, I think that perhaps you misunderstand the situation.
There is no debt, they don't owe anybody anything (in regards to the current situation). There is no problem relating to USD that they owe users (in regards to the current situation). If you have USD in bitfloor, simply ACH it out same as you'd do after you sold coins and wanted the cash.

Let me emphasize: There is no problem relating to USD, there is no debt, there is nobody owing anybody anything. This was made clear in the announcement and the email. You can get your USD out perfectly fine.

However, there is a chance that I misunderstood you, and that you are in fact one of the unfortunate people who had Bitcoins stored in Bitfloor when it was hacked in 2012. In this case, Bitfloor owes you bitcoins not USD, and they have been slowly paying back those who were users at that time and you would already know this, which is why I assumed you misunderstood the situation with the USD. (In this case, you'd be screwed unless Bitfloor resumed operations, since they are paying back those users with current and future trading comissions.) Not to worry, your dollars are safe! Cheesy
April 17, 2013, 10:45:51 PM
I would point out we used BofA at one time.  If bitfloor got the same kind of shutdown notice that our company did, BofA provided no explanation, no freeze of funds, didn't block any services, and simply informed us we had 30 days to finish business and our account would be closed.

Roman didn't say anything about the account being closed in a few days.  He didn't say anything about the account be frozen.  At this point the only thing he said is that the account WILL (future tense) be closed.  I don't have any inside knowledge but since I went through something similar in 20012 I thought I might provide some insight.

If I had to guess Roman suspending trading to wind things down LONG BEFORE the account gets shutdown in order to ensure that everyone gets their funds back without delay.

BOA'd... Gox'd..... eh.... I'd rather be gox'd.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 17, 2013, 10:44:47 PM
*lol* On their home internet connection? Really? They run a domain, the mail server, from their home net connection. Funny how I don't know ANYONE who does that. I know people who have shared hosting, VPS, dedicated server doing that, but on their home net connection? Really?

Hihi! Nice to meet you. Now you do know someone who does that  Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
April 17, 2013, 10:44:35 PM
I would point out we used BofA at one time.  If bitfloor got the same kind of shutdown notice that our company did, BofA provided no explanation, no freeze of funds, didn't block any services, and simply informed us we had 30 days to finish business and our account would be closed.  BofA informed us we had done nothing wrong however their deposit agreement allows them to close any account at any time for any reason (or without reason) with 30 days notice.  They gave us 30 days notice and everything on the account functioned normally until midnight 30 days later when it all shutdown.  They even let me make a $18,000 cash withdraw the last day.  We got a cashier's check in the mail for the closing balance (couple hundred bucks I left to cover any check card transactions) a week later..

Roman didn't say anything about the account being closed in a few days.  
He didn't say anything about the account be frozen.  
At this point the only thing he said is that the account WILL (future tense) be closed.  
I don't have any inside knowledge but since I went through something similar in 20012 I thought I might provide some insight.

If I had to guess Roman suspending trading to wind things down LONG BEFORE the account gets shutdown in order to ensure that everyone gets their funds back without delay.  Doing it now would let me payout all current ACH, verify all unverified accounts, and payout those ACH before the account is closed.  Once again I have no inside information just basing this on my own recent similar experience.
April 17, 2013, 10:39:29 PM
BitcoinAshley, again.. +1.  Grin You're 100% right about googling paypal scams, paypal limitation etc. After I had my bad experience, I googled that to check on solutions. Wish I had googled before! Like 80% of info on them online is negative. It's amazing they're still in business - but it's a chicken and egg scenario really... hopefully bitcoin will eventually end them.  

If I'm not mistaken, CampBX has a dwolla option as well.

Update on my previous post about my BTC not sending from Bitfloor, they finally cleared. I imagine they had them in an offline wallet or something. Another +1 for bitfloor. Hopefully they return to fight another day.

April 17, 2013, 10:28:13 PM
i didn't get this email... why not?

That's actually a good question.

It was said the e-mail would be sent out in small grouops so as not to completely disrupt the market @ bitfloor, but it seems like alot of people didn't get notified.

Did you have a USD balance? Maybe they only notified people with a USD balance, or maybe only if you have a BTC balance or something. Not sure, but I got the e-mail 8am.

i have a large -ish USD balance and hardly any BTC on there because i sold prior to this last drop to $50.

i wish i wouldve known because then i couldve bought BTC and just withdraw my BTC
Activity: 335
April 17, 2013, 10:13:26 PM
This is sad because I did like their website and interface more than MtGox.
The Bitcoin world needs more exchanges not less.

Got my Bitcoin out to my wallet in time, but Bitfloor owes me a good chunk of US$.
I do hope they honor their debts, and pay all people whom they owe.

If anyone from Bitfloor is reading this, please indicate how and when you are going to resolve problems related to USD that you owe former users.

Pages:
Jump to: