Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading - page 65. (Read 129168 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Thank you for the answer.
I am looking for "home" where my ART project can move in Smiley and LTC exchange was one of the options. Your exchange sounds goo too. I guess I have to make up my mind soon and move forward. Looks like the dust is settling in GLBSE too and this is only good.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support.

Quick update:
Graphs now show a "D"ividend market with payout information.

What happens when the three letter agencies are coming to knock on your door?
How are you different from https://btct.co or https://www.litecoinglobal.com ?

EskimoBob:

In my honest opinion, I do not believe that making a claim that the site is 'virtual currency' and that
'No assets on the site are to be considered real.' would convince any U.S. Federal Judge (esp. when
a U.S. Citizen goes out of their way to put it in a server in Belize when they operate their own hosting
service in the U.S) that the service is not guilty of something already and deny an FBI warrant request.
The U.S. Government does not care where your services are hosted, or how you claim ownership is
divided up, and especially if you are a U.S. citizen that appears to be in control (and sometimes if you
are real lucky, they do not even care if you are a U.S. Citizen to begin with), if they want to make an
example out of you they will. (see. KimDotCom)

If you get on the list of "Notorious Markets", it really does not matter where you are, who you are,
your citizenship, your servers location, or if you have a legitimate  business that has acted properly to
comply under all rules and regulations, if you are targeted, you will have to deal with it.

Here is the older December 20th, 2011 '"Notorious Markets" report from the office of the president of
the United States.
http://www.ustr.gov/webfm_send/3215

You will notice that many of these items state that they could be used for fully legal actions, but
include misuse, therefore on the list. Under "Cyberlockers" you will notice that "Megaupload" who
provided the same type of service as DropBox, and many other large named corporations is on that
list. I think most of us know the KimDotCom story. If you do not, a quick summery is, MegaUpload
was protected under the U.S. DMCA act, in which direct contact information is publicly available
for all to see, and is to be the direct point of contact for any persons claiming their site to be
hosting copyrighted materials. (I know, I am on the list due to my hosting business.) There had
been no actual complaints or suites filed against the company, and they had a working relationship
with the MPAA/RIAA for them to be able to remove any content they wanted at the click of a button.
Was the service illegal or not? The general answer is probably "legal", however, that is to be decided
after the site has been shut down, and fully investigated in this case. If it is not clearly legal (which
even those things get questioned), and is at worst case something that falls into a shade of grey that
is already being noticed by an entity, such as the SEC or FBI (who has published at least one report on
Bitcoin to my knowledge), then no matter what you do, or say, and try to be to protect yourself
the following applies.

A. It will never be enough to keep them from trying if you get targeted.
B. It will only make you look more guilty the more you try to "hide" things in other countries, etc.

If any entity targets you, the big question is what will happen to all of the users of the site and their data?
With the voluntary shutdown of GLBSE all data was retained, and is eventually being distributed. In the
previously mentioned worst case scenario, there would be no such luxury.

BitFunder has learned from this incident and has the users best interests in mind.
When a user signs up for BitFunder they are asked to provide a bitcoin address that will be listed publicly.
BitFunder publicly lists all data by coinaddress,asset,shares live on the site at all times without violating
any users privacy and allows them to proove ownership should the need arise.
You can view the public asset list at https://bitfunder.com/assetlist.

As of this point, re-checking their websites, and to the best of my knowledge, I can not find on either
btct.co or cryptostocks, a plan of action provided to the public that would stop such a terrifying loss
to the users and community, be it from "three letter agencies" to server and data failures, hackers, or
some other reason.

James (Nefario) was correct that the best course of action would be to become a legally supervised
entity. At least this somewhat lowers the chance.

I currently own and operate an AUD/CAD/USD exchange (https://WeExchange.co), and am
presently pursuing licensing in multiple countries & states for it. While in the process of this, I have
also been working out a method to potentially further legalize BitFunder in a respectable country.

I would hate to see this thread change to the subject of whats legal or not, options, etc.
If you want to continue the discussion I am more than happy to on another thread, or on IRC. Smiley

Again, this is only my opinion on the matter, which it may very well be wrong, but I allowed to have it.
I am always open to new ideas, concepts, etc and generally want to hear them.
(That is, after all the proper way to form an opinion of your own, not by shutting down others responses.)

Also, this opinion is not attempting to insult anyone in any way, if it has done so, I apologize ahead of time.
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Looks nice and clean. Sandbox version did not let me do any trades but I guess this is OK at the moment. 

What happens when the three letter agencies are coming to knock on your door?
How are you different from https://btct.co or https://www.litecoinglobal.com ?

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Cool to see this going public.

Good luck BitFunder! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Looks good!! 

Having followed Ukyo's work in some other projects and knowing Graet supports it makes me feel very good about the future prospects of this service!
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Being fairly new to the Bitcoin share trading, but a little familiar with regular Forex trading, I thought I would give it a shot, and see how things work.

I'm very pleased with how the site works.  As with anything new, it takes a few runs around the site to know where everything is, but it does seem very easy to navigate.

After funding my account with a little bit of coin, I went and placed some orders, and since it was close to opening day, didn't think there would be much activity, and didn't think more of it for a few days.  Went in and checked today, and looking at the front page notes, that dividends were paid out YAY! 

On the transactions page, it is described in full detail which asset the dividend came from, quantity of shares, and amount per share.  Very nice having full descriptions of the activity!

On the Assets List page, all asset holdings listing looks complete with my total of shares for each Asset listing. 
Listed on the https://bitfunder.com/assetlist page of my BTC address of: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi

I'm going to enjoy doing some share trading on this site! 

Great job, and keep up the good work!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
This site is pretty awesome compared to others I've looked at. It has an easy and intuitive interface which makes buying and selling shares really easy.

I did like that the system is open such that all assets are publicly listed by Bitcoin address. The reason being that if BitFunder were to close the actual asset holders wouldn't have to wait 2+ months get a list which is something most of investors from GLBSE are dealing with currently.

Ukyo has been very responsive to questions about how it works and addresses any problems immediately. While the terms and conditions seem daunting, I don't see how it is different from any exchange that claims their assets are not real and immediately claiming they have no actual value.

I really can't wait for more assets to be listed on BitFunder. I'd suggest that all GLBSE asset "fugees" take a look at BitFunder's sandbox and see if it will work for them. Then immediately list their assets on the production site.

donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
I relisted ABM at BitFunder, I am very pleased with the websites interface and transparency.

I wish Ukyo the best of luck with BitFunder, you got my full support  Smiley

Greetz,
PsychoticBoy
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
I endorse this venture.
Good luck Jon Smiley
Graeme
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Just launched was BitFunder, a new exchange site for trading asset shares.

Shares of assets listed on BitFunder can be bought and sold using bitcoins, an online digital currency.

BitFunder is the first asset share exchange that both protects shareholder privacy while at the same
time provides a method for the shareholder to assert ownership.  This is accomplished by publishing a
live, public list of all shares and leverages the message-signing capability available through bitcoin.

BitFunder is easy-to-navigate and provides information in a clear manner.  BitFunder's highly responsive
support is available to answer any questions to resolve any problems that might occur.

Accounts can be protected from unauthorized access by enabling Google 2-Factor authentication.

The BitFunder sandbox at https://sandbox.bitfunder.com lets issuers and shareholders learn
how the site is used without putting any funds at risk.

Following the closure of the GLBSE asset exhange, BitFunder built a bridge to allow issuers to easily migrate.
GLBSE issuers can simply upload a claims YAML fle, and manage the claims provided.
When dividends are paid out, they are also distributed and stored on the claims so they are ready for users,
and accounting becomes easier on the issuer. Not to mention that all GLBSE assets that move to BitFunder
require no setup cost.

You can join us on IRC on irc.freenode.net #bitfunder
When you signup with BitFunder, we have IRC WebChat built into the help page.

Features:
Public shareholder data without giving away private information
Google 2-Factor
Bid List - "My Bid" notation to know where your bid stands.
Bid List - Cancel button for quick and easy cancel to re-post at a different price.
News system
Asset images
DDoS Proection
Interactive Graphs
Easy GLBSE Import/Claim system
Dividend management for GLBSE claims
Fully searchable trade history. (Search by date, asset, price, etc)
Dividend Reinvestment Program
Share Transfers

Coming Soon:
Trade API + Proper documentation ( Now in private beta testing phase. )
Direct Trades
User Messaging
Voting System
Additional Graphs *: Depth Graph is up. Crossing this out until someone has a new graph request.
Pages:
Jump to: