Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 43. (Read 378562 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
If IceDrill is currently suppressing divs to invest 100% of profits and try to recover from HF rape then I'll throw a wild suggestion for you:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/starting-a-new-fpga-mining-farmcontract-cognitive-resurrected-onhavelock-67547

Take a look at last pages of this thread. In a nutshell : there's 28TH of Cointerra gear on sale because the OP is not able to make them run smoothly. I guess those machine are not better, but at the same time not any worse then any other CT piece. The OP's know-how is questionable.

So, call me crazy, but this just might be a nice opportunity to acquire cheap hashes ??
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Im sure the next part of the plan will be to hire Tacotime to be an icedrill forum rep,

i joke but seriously im losing faith and trust in Will and Terra it shouldn't be this hard to get a few questions answered

Hi. A forum rep is actually a good idea. I'm keen to explore it mainly because of current time-constraints. We're a small team, communications always seem to suffer on the priority list and it's important to us all that progress reports keep moving along.

The position is open to anyone here, but I ask only for these things:
1. The person be nominated by this forum at large. It's ok to nominate your self.
2. I don't mind if a known/perceived troll is selected, only that the person be eloquent and truthful in their communications.
3. The person commits to call me at least twice a week with specific questions. I will keep a list of public items to report.
4. The person owns at least 1 share of IceDrill.

Thoughts?

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Not likely! We've already been defrauded by Hashfast...
What if i told you that... [censored]
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #WiNzu891c8e2o4ty
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
i joke but seriously im losing faith and trust in Will and Terra it shouldn't be this hard to get a few questions answered

It's because we're likely being defrauded.

Not likely! We've already been defrauded by Hashfast...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

It's because we're likely being defrauded.
Activity: 428
If anyone's in a hurry to sell any Icedrill shares I'd be happy to talk, btw.
This smells like news.
(Or maybe i would just like some news)
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #k34NJBdU2gY6d1b7

Whats this mystical news you speak off,

It seems Will and Terra have decided to do a Hashfast you know take millions of dollars to make an item (farm) then ignore clients questions in the hopes we will go away.

Im sure the next part of the plan will be to hire Tacotime to be an icedrill forum rep,
Followed by offering investors that no longer wish to wait, a share buy back scheme 0.0001 btc per share.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
This smells like news.
(Or maybe i would just like some news)
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #k34NJBdU2gY6d1b7
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
Activity: 178
when can we expect the first dividends? (like direct shares)
or is this depending on tradeable shares.
when can we expect this?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
Well hence the smiley.... but only 5 hours? Where? Fairbanks Alaska?
Activity: 105
Merit: 11
I hope that or better, coz probably could have got 100kW of solar set up for 100k and ran it in a barn... Cheesy

For 5 hours in the day?
Activity: 518
Hodl!
What's the capacity of the IceDrill data center portion? 250kW?

I hope that or better, coz probably could have got 100kW of solar set up for 100k and ran it in a barn... Cheesy
Activity: 489
Immersionist
What's the capacity of the IceDrill data center portion? 250kW?

Edit: created this thread with the list of the largest publicly known mining farms.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-worlds-largest-mining-farms-516114
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
PS. If IceDrill wants a new logo, feel free to ask  Smiley
I'm cheap and charge in dogecoins (lol)

Done a "I Love Bitcoins" logo and made it  Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License here
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:I_Love_Bitcoin

This design was already downloaded and printed on black & white T-shirts
and used by BTC South Africa Foundation - I got one  Kiss
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Will, seriously, why invent the wheel from scratch?

Can't Icedrill.io just deal with Picostocks to list here https://picostocks.com/stocks
then we able to do share trades and dividends?

Huh

Picostocks mentioned here http://www.coindesk.com/inside-north-americas-8m-bitcoin-mining-operation/
about manufacture the chips and boards and a partner with Dave Carlson, the owner of North America’s largest bitcoin mining operation.

So, Picostocks seem to be not fly by night and already have a trading platform that is transparent and partner
with various in related aspects of BTC mining/trading.

Not trying to stir major here, just many hands, lighter load...
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
Why DeadTerra's sig is still [IceDrill.ASIC the 500 Thash mine powered by HashFast]?

It's not 500 Thash.

-Also what will be done with the income that is now generated?

-How much will be paid through dividends, and how much will be reinvested into buying more mining hardware?

-How much hardware can you expect to get due to late delivery?

Original plan was 25% reinvested, but it's so long and so much changed, so what's the plan now?
Activity: 179
Update:

Had a good chat with the cryptomex team today, will continue the discussion tomorrow.

Someone asked for this so I'm fine to provide it here as well: Raw internal monitoring data of the mine from when we started the mine monitor up until today.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8727275/devicestatus.rar
and
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8727275/DeviceSaveCounters.ods

Sorry about the raw stats, but keen to see anyone produce something/anything visual that I can pull for reporting going fwd. Prefer to spend time on those as required. Please be specific in your requests and provide graphs/screenshots/description(s) to serve as spec. I know what we want/need to see and up until now that's been the main priority (for stabilization work), but that's not always what everyone else prefers.

Will
legendary
Activity: 934
285k in DC costs?  For 8 active Sierras?  Each one is 4U, so 32U.  How much of this is lining your pockets.  What a joke.

Perhaps I should clarify as to what is included in the DC costs line item.

IceDrill has an agreement with the DC that requires a minimum monthly commitment even if there are no units being hosted - this means that the minimum commitment was being paid since October. Now that there are active units, the monthly DC costs will increase slightly. So a portion of the $285K is made up of all the monthly minimum payments that were made even though no equipment was hosted.

In addition to monthly payments to the DC, there were a significant amount of one-time setup costs ($100K+) to have everything setup and prepared for the units.

The combination of set-up costs + monthly DC payments add up to this amount and match up with invoices.
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your answers on the report. Regarding the hosting costs. If I understand correctly, 185k$ has been paid to the DC as a minimum commitment for 5 months (October-February) and 100k$ has been payed for one-time setup costs.

That makes 37.000$ minimum hosting payment per month which will only increase as you say. Can you elaborate on this? I can understand you have to pay a certain minimum amount (for example the profit the DC should make) but it makes no sense to pay for everything (including power and cooling costs which is 90% of all DC costs) if no hardware is running.

What will be the hosting costs per rack/sierra in the future once everything is hashing? the 37k$ / month makes me wonder if you got the best deal.

With regard to the one-time setup costs, what exactly were those? A 100 grand is a lot of money when it comes to one-time setup costs. You could have a DC setup ~500 racks for that amount of money depending on what you mean by setup costs. If racks and parts for racks (APC, UPS, trays etc) have been bought for that amount they need to be listed as assets and depreciated over time. Especially DC stuff still keeps pretty much of its value over time (5 year depreciation isn't uncommon).

Thanks in advance,

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
What can you disclose about the deal with Cointerra (shares owned) ? How will investors benefit from it ?
Activity: 137
Are their any further plans(except div payments and trading) to increase the value of this undertaking?
Pages:
Jump to: