Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process - page 9. (Read 291897 times)

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
All evidence says ukyo stole our coins. All. Available. Evidence.

Wheres the evidence? I doubt you cant back your claim but just in case let me know.

Coins are gone and he dont talk isnt enough for claiming a proof that he stole, so owns, the coins.

It would be enough evidence to convict him by a jury of his peers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
As far as being found guilty?
Jon has run an unlicensed securities exchange selling unregistered securities to American persons.  From American soil.
He ran an unlicensed and unregistered money services operation.  From American soil.
He circumvented every KYC/money laundering regulation on the books while running both.
I'm pretty sure his taxes are a mess.

This is just off the top of my head, you want more?

Yes, he could and should be processed for all that and more. But IMHO he can't be processed for the actual STEALING of people's coins as there is no way to prove that.

Apologies in advance for playing intertubes lawyer, but cases like this seldom start with all the evidence in your hands.  That's why we have discovery, allowing your lawyer access to relevant documents...
...and not allowing Jon to say "sry bro, NDA/gag order!"
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
Jon has run an unlicensed securities exchange selling unregistered securities to American persons.  From American soil.
He ran an unlicensed and unregistered money services operation.  From American soil.
He circumvented every KYC/money laundering regulation on the books while running both.

Yes, he could and should be processed for all that and more. But IMHO he can't be processed for the actual STEALING of people's coins as there is no way to prove that.
^
What judge?
The rigor of proof in tort cases is not "beyond a reasonable doubt," you are thinking criminal law.

legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
Well, in strictly legal terms SebastianJu is right. It might have a tail, whiskers and purr but if you can't prove with 100% certainty that it's a cat you can't pursue a legal case. I bet any lawyer will tell you that and it's probably the reason why nobody has taken him (or for that case almost any other BTC scammer) to court.

I, as most of you, am sure it was a scam. But no, I have no way of proving it to a judge.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
^Besides, Danny Brewster vouched for him, and Danny's word is good enough for me.
*Just for lulz, what would you consider proof?

Proof is proof. Believe is believe. Especially when legal things are involved its quite understandable that ukyo cant speak... look at ken slaughter. He doesnt speak anymore now. (Not that he was a good speaker before... Smiley)

Not following your logic.  Ken Slaughter is not speaking now and never spoke more than he had to because he was/is scamming.  Now you have the legal opinion of MSD as supplemental "evidence."
That said, I refuse to believe he's as stupid and verbally inept as he appears to be.  He managed to bilk this "community" for millions.  That requires some intelligence, though granted, not much.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
@SebastianJu:  You can't be serious?  Are you keeping in touch with Danny, too?  How is it that you still aren't living in the street, Sebastian?
Mammoth trust fund?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
^Besides, Danny Brewster vouched for him, and Danny's word is good enough for me.

WAS good enough.  Then Danny ran off as well...

Did he run now? I thought they only did invest wrongly... and of course lost coins in weex and maybe other places.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

WAS good enough.  Then Danny ran off as well...
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
any news ? why not to take action for lawsuit. it 's a shame for bitcoin community Huh

we need to learn from our mistakes.

we still dont know what happened. Finally Jon will have to explain it. Im waiting a bit more.
Like Mark K, you mean?
Theres no incentive for Jon to explain, and no consequence if he stays quiet.

Because you do nothing about it.

First step is to message his facebook friends and kindly ask if Jon can write something in this thread. Not harassing at all, just searching a way to communicate with Jon.
I think you may be a bit behind the curve, there.
legendary

Proof is proof. Believe is believe. Especially when legal things are involved its quite understandable that ukyo cant speak... look at ken slaughter. He doesnt speak anymore now. (Not that he was a good speaker before... Smiley)
legendary
All evidence says ukyo stole our coins. All. Available. Evidence.

Wheres the evidence? I doubt you cant back your claim but just in case let me know.

Coins are gone and he dont talk isnt enough for claiming a proof that he stole, so owns, the coins.
legendary
First step is to message his facebook friends and kindly ask if Jon can write something in this thread. Not harassing at all, just searching a way to communicate with Jon.

Try it on IRC. He answer there... though it can take one, two days until you get him...
Activity: 601
Merit: 503
any news ? why not to take action for lawsuit. it 's a shame for bitcoin community Huh

we still dont know what happened. Finally Jon will have to explain it. Im waiting a bit more.
Like Mark K, you mean?

Because you do nothing about it.

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight

I think you're delusional. All evidence says ukyo stole our coins. All. Available. Evidence.

By all means, go on waiting... and waiting ... and waiting...
legendary
Activity: 1554

Like Mark K, you mean?
... Finally Jon will have to explain it...

ORLY?  Why's that? 
Activity: 601
Merit: 503

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

i feel like we were beging scammed but didn't want to believe that that was the case.
Really sad situation. For me, it's "only" 0.4 BTC. Others lost small fortunes  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: