Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process - page 8. (Read 291897 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for reaching out to him.

It sounded like

Ukyo has eluded to circumstances that have not happened many times. He still won't tell us what happened to the coins. He promised dozens of times to provide information, "good news," and updates. Each time, he later says he can't talk by eluding to works in progress, gag orders, NDAs, legal action, and/or bitcoin problems. And a little later, he denies whatever was implied.

So, where are the coins? What's the "big news?"

And, since all of this, he offered to liquidate BTCINVEST assets for the BTCINVESTors. Did he just decide to keep all of the proceeds from liquidation?

Added:
After reading about them, it sounds to me like Ukyo (and TF) followed the "six definite steps or stages of growth in every finely balanced and well-conceived confidence game" almost to the letter.

If he wants us to believe otherwise, he just needs to deviate from the con man's playbook by telling us what happened.

What's really impressive is how he strung us along, with news announcements about upcoming news and by giving us a little money back (all in the playbook), and learning from /us/ what story would be the most believable. At first, he said bitcond problems, but then he kept his mouth shut and had us come up with our own story (bitcoin malleability + lawsuits to get it back from the person who took them.) But, if he tells us, then we'd require proof (which he could give), so he just keeps his mouth shut.

I dont remember that he promised to speak about what happened. And obviously speaking about wouldnt be good now. Only my impression so far of course... of course you might pressure this so hard that you get to know the truth. But when this means the chance to recover dies with this info then i think its not worth the info. You dont need to believe me but i dont think hes a con man.

I know he works on projects and i dont have a reason to believe he doesnt work on weex too.

I dont know about BTCINVEST. I only know that once someone posted a list of shares ukyo should own. Though at the end the shares pretty much all were useless. The only worthwhile shares were ActM... which Ken stole practically. I still think that wasnt correct since he took shares privately owned by ukyo and traded them against a debt the company weex had against him. Its like taking 500 IPhones from the next Applestore because Apples CEO owes me money. Its not related... though thats Bitcoin... unregulated everywhere. At the end ken draw those coins down with ActM too.

Whatever... it doesnt matter what you or iam think. Sueing him for ukyo loan is worthless when you see the size of the loan. His private riches cant possible back this up. The same goes for weex and you dont even know there if the problem is taken by the company or by him privately. So that weex goes bankrupt and thats it. Debts dying with the company. Regardless of the outcome of a lawsuit there wouldnt be enough money to pay things back.

So i chose to believe him for now. Partly because i dont have a chance otherwise and partly because i can write with him and get a feeling about what is going on. I could have sued him but when i see it as a business decision i bet on ukyo being honest since chances there are simply better.

The last two paragraphs match to your post too. It doesnt matter if i believe ukyo, if you believe ukyo or if you believe me. It simply doesnt matter. If there would be a chance in sueing i would have done months ago.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
<...a bunch of meaningless vague allegations...>

See, here's the thing. Your descriptions of what you think you heard ukyo say are worthless. Hearsay. Of no value to any of us.

I'm sure you mean well, but why should I trust in _your_ trust in someone who is holding vast wealth of many others hostage?

I hope this helps a bit. If you want to speak him yourself try it on IRC. It might take some days but it works.

And be rewarded for my effort by the same vague useless non-statements he's been giving you? To what end? It accomplishes nothing.

Honorable people who have been caught by circumstances that cause them to lose property of others make every effort to keep those people informed. Ukyo's absence here speaks volumes.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for reaching out to him.

It sounded like

Ukyo has eluded to circumstances that have not happened many times. He still won't tell us what happened to the coins. He promised dozens of times to provide information, "good news," and updates. Each time, he later says he can't talk by eluding to works in progress, gag orders, NDAs, legal action, and/or bitcoin problems. And a little later, he denies whatever was implied.

So, where are the coins? What's the "big news?"

And, since all of this, he offered to liquidate BTCINVEST assets for the BTCINVESTors. Did he just decide to keep all of the proceeds from liquidation?

Added:
After reading about them, it sounds to me like Ukyo (and TF) followed the "six definite steps or stages of growth in every finely balanced and well-conceived confidence game" almost to the letter.

If he wants us to believe otherwise, he just needs to deviate from the con man's playbook by telling us what happened.

What's really impressive is how he strung us along, with news announcements about upcoming news and by giving us a little money back (all in the playbook), and learning from /us/ what story would be the most believable. At first, he said bitcond problems, but then he kept his mouth shut and had us come up with our own story (bitcoin malleability + lawsuits to get it back from the person who took them.) But, if he tells us, then we'd require proof (which he could give), so he just keeps his mouth shut.
legendary
I thought about and i guess i should mention that i wrote with ukyo on first july. It was a rather long conversation because i wanted to know whats going on.

Weex: I asked him if i can help, work or coins. He said he put all things in motion that can be done at the moment already. It sounded like things move slowly to a result. Whatever that is.

Ukyo Loan: He is working on a number of projects. He presented me one of the projects including the website, he explained the details and inner working regarding safety and i think its a nice little thing that will get his customers. I didnt ask for the other bigger projects.
I wont go into details since i once promised him not to reveal the things he tells me and i will honor that. I only write this to let you know that he work on things and that he didnt vanish. But i dont know when he will present the projects and how.

Payback: The projects he works on are meant for paying back ukyo loan. I wrote already that things for getting weex funds back are already put in motion. In the case that weex funds really cant come back he will pay weex users coins back with the projects profits.

I hope this helps a bit. If you want to speak him yourself try it on IRC. It might take some days but it works.
legendary
Rather intriguing development:

Holy shit, our post dept made a mistake and delievered to me 50 post cards in Japanese (regarding mtgox) and Danny Brewster was included.

I didn't notice coz I didn't give a fuck but my wife went saw the first name on the list and it was Danny Brewster....

What the fuck do I do?

EDIT: Also the address I have is for a village in Larnaca NOT Nicosia so maybe he still resides there......

EDIT 2: Danny if you are reading this and still in Cyprus I am only about 5 mins away from you......

EDIT 3: I have his address in Larnaca Wink

I'm really only interested in squeezing my lost stolen money out of that sick scamming fuck ukyo, but some of y'all are likely interested in this.

edit: see strikethrough and underline
legendary
Scam after Scam, I would like just one bitcoin company to produce something good, and kick off on this front

There are plenty of good Bitcoin companies.

Im always in search for such opportunities. Tips?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Scam after Scam, I would like just one bitcoin company to produce something good, and kick off on this front

There are plenty of good Bitcoin companies. The difference is that they don't sell their shares on unregistered exchanges to make money. If a business plan is solid and the management has a good background, then VC investors will gladly invest as there are several VCs focused primarily on Bitcoin.

Selling shares publicly before the company has even started simply doesn't happen on regular stock exchanges. The company first has to show their worth and then will be allowed to be listed to acquire additional capital, not their initial capital. Initial capital comes from the founders or VC / Angel investors. The concept used by most Bitcoin stock exchanges to accept IPOs for "just an idea" is silly.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule (very few). Asicminer is the most prominent. They started their ASIC business from an IPO and have paid back dividends far above the IPO price (and the current price also exceeds IPO price). But when Asicminer started, there was very little in terms of VC funding for Bitcoin companies, so they didn't really have another way to collect money.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
legendary
You should read the context. Danny lost coins in weex which led to the bankruptcy of neobee.
Where did you get that idea? Have you checked Danny's curriculum in the UK?

As far as i remember NEOBEE went down because they didnt have money anymore. They lost coins in weex and mtgox and danny claimed he already put all his own coins in NEOBEE too. So at the end it looks to me that the coins lost in weex are a reason for NEOBEE going down too.
Neo & Bee went down when their CEO ran away after they failed to get Central Bank authorization for their bank, and he realized that his castle of cards was about to collapse.  He allegedly took the remaining company's coins (and, according to police charges, money that he got from other people in exchange for bitcoins that he did not deliver), leaving behind debts and unpaid salaries.

Only then did investors bother to read the Neo & Bee prospectus and noticed that it did not contain a viable business plan.

Only then did investors bother to check Danny's background, and found that he had no background in finance at all, and he ad pulled a similar stunt in the UK before moving to Cyprus.  He had announced he was going to organize a big music festival in Lincolnshire, sold tickets, got advance license money from food vendors, etc; but then cancelled the event, and said that the debts were not made by his person but by his company, that he had sold, so he owed nothing.

AFAIK he is still hiding, somewhere in the world.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6500610

Didnt know that... its really a pain how most of these entrepreneurs turn out to be at the end. I wonder if this changes one time...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
You should read the context. Danny lost coins in weex which led to the bankruptcy of neobee.

As far as i remember NEOBEE went down because they didnt have money anymore. They lost coins in weex and mtgox and danny claimed he already put all his own coins in NEOBEE too. So at the end it looks to me that the coins lost in weex are a reason for NEOBEE going down too.

Neobee went down because the guy was a scammer and stole all the coins. they lost some coins to weex, but if they weren't full of shit they wouldn't have lost any there. Why would you leave the coins you raised to start your business on WEEX instead of taking them out and using them to start the business.

the guy that was smart enough to not lose any company coins on Gox lost a bunch of company coins on Weex and then lost the personal coins that could have saved the day on Gox. in reality they spent a bunch of money and never made any and then the owner ran away with what was left.
legendary
Especially when legal things are involved its quite understandable that ukyo cant speak...

Bullshit.

Right... you would be one of the smart guys that talk to the police before your lawyer checked what you could say. Its not known what happened to weex. Not even Danny knew what happened exactly.

"Can't speak" and "won't speak" are two decidedly different concepts. The notion that he can't speak is laughable. We know he won't speak. Most likely reason for "won't speak" is guilt.

Depending on what happened really "won't speak" might mean that its the better choice to have the chance to get the coins back.

A presumption for which there is No Available Evidence.

Though its not justifyable as long as no one knows anything.

Exactly. You can have all the faith you want. I'll cue up some old Journey for your soundtrack:

Don't stop... believin'... Hold on to that feeeeee lin'

Edit: typo
Activity: 378
Merit: 254

As far as i remember NEOBEE went down because they didnt have money anymore...

NeoBee went down 'coz Danny ran away Undecided
Just out of curiosity, do you think something like this?

“And now tell me, why is it that you use the words "good people" all the time? Do you call everyone that, or what?
- Everyone, - the prisoner replied. - There are no evil people in the world." --M. Bulgakov, Master and Margarita
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

Neo & Bee went down when their CEO ran away after they failed to get Central Bank authorization for their bank, and he realized that his castle of cards was about to collapse.  He allegedly took the remaining company's coins (and, according to police charges, money that he got from other people in exchange for bitcoins that he did not deliver), leaving behind debts and unpaid salaries.

Only then did investors bother to read the Neo & Bee prospectus and noticed that it did not contain a viable business plan.

Only then did investors bother to check Danny's background, and found that he had no background in finance at all, and he ad pulled a similar stunt in the UK before moving to Cyprus.  He had announced he was going to organize a big music festival in Lincolnshire, sold tickets, got advance license money from food vendors, etc; but then cancelled the event, and said that the debts were not made by his person but by his company, that he had sold, so he owed nothing.

AFAIK he is still hiding, somewhere in the world.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6500610

legendary

legendary
Especially when legal things are involved its quite understandable that ukyo cant speak...

Bullshit.

Right... you would be one of the smart guys that talk to the police before your lawyer checked what you could say. Its not known what happened to weex. Not even Danny knew what happened exactly.

"Can't speak" and "won't speak" are two decidedly different concepts. The notion that he can't speak is laughable. We know he won't speak. Most likely reason for "won't speak" is guilt.

Won't speak can be the following of can't speak too. Depending on what happened really "won't speak" might mean that its the better choice to have the chance to get the coins back. Though its not justifyable as long as no one knows anything.

I didnt reach him the last days but still trying.
legendary

Bullshit.

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
legendary
@SebastianJu:  You can't be serious?  Are you keeping in touch with Danny, too?  How is it that you still aren't living in the street, Sebastian?
Mammoth trust fund?

Why should i ask if he ran when i would be in contact with Danny? I didnt lose coins with Danny so i dont need to speak with him.

^Besides, Danny Brewster vouched for him, and Danny's word is good enough for me.
*Just for lulz, what would you consider proof?

Proof is proof. Believe is believe. Especially when legal things are involved its quite understandable that ukyo cant speak... look at ken slaughter. He doesnt speak anymore now. (Not that he was a good speaker before... Smiley)

Not following your logic.  Ken Slaughter is not speaking now and never spoke more than he had to because he was/is scamming.  Now you have the legal opinion of MSD as supplemental "evidence."
That said, I refuse to believe he's as stupid and verbally inept as he appears to be.  He managed to bilk this "community" for millions.  That requires some intelligence, though granted, not much.

Youre right. It should have been a warning how ken slaughter handled informations. Though he blocked trading for a long time.
I think he was simply incompetent and that he cant be charged for running a scam. Only for running an unregistered security.

^
What judge?
The rigor of proof in tort cases is not "beyond a reasonable doubt," you are thinking criminal law.

As far as being found guilty?
Jon has run an unlicensed securities exchange selling unregistered securities to American persons.  From American soil.
He ran an unlicensed and unregistered money services operation.  From American soil.
He circumvented every KYC/money laundering regulation on the books while running both.
I'm pretty sure his taxes are a mess.

This is just off the top of my head, you want more?

Right... he might be sued for it. But stealing coins is a different matter you cant proof.

Bullshit.

and of course lost coins in weex and maybe other places.

You don't quite yet understand. Weex was another of ukyo's sham businesses.

legendary
and of course lost coins in weex and maybe other places.

You don't quite yet understand. Weex was another of ukyo's sham businesses.
legendary

Bullshit.
Pages:
Jump to: