Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 100. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 02, 2011, 08:51:18 PM
Ok well with the latest version of bitHopper I get an error and then all my miners disconnect and can not reconnect. I would have posted the error message but the whole damn computer froze up, sigh. I'll try and get the error to post.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 02, 2011, 08:31:50 PM
Is there a way to just set the miner always to open the slicing scheduler other than creating a shortcut with the command or running it from command line?

Also, why is it switching from 19% bitclockers to 64% Arsbitcoin, and I am not talking about when it lags?  That makes no sense.  Also, why does Ars have a share count anyway?
Activity: 102
August 02, 2011, 08:29:21 PM
Found this one on the wiki pools list...

http://btcmp.com/

Anyone tried this one? 50+ Gh/s
Activity: 66
August 02, 2011, 08:26:39 PM
Um. I think if you install 32 bit python, twisted, and openssl it works on 64 bits windows.

Maybe I've got 64bit python installed...  I'll have to check.   The OpenSSL egg just gave me a path error when I tried to install it.

Yeah, I couldn't get 64bit versions to work, either, but 32bit works just fine.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 02, 2011, 08:24:06 PM
Um. I think if you install 32 bit python, twisted, and openssl it works on 64 bits windows.

Maybe I've got 64bit python installed...  I'll have to check.   The OpenSSL egg just gave me a path error when I tried to install it.
August 02, 2011, 08:17:08 PM
August 02, 2011, 08:06:03 PM
Ok, 2 more questions then I'll leave you alone (for a while) Wink

1.  How exactly do I work out the efficiency?   I see I can edit the Payout field in the stats page, so do I enter the amount of confirmed rewards when they finally pop up?  If so, do I just keep editing that value to increase it as more and more shares become confirmed?    It'd be awesome if that could be scraped from the page somehow...

2.  I'm using Sukrim's EXE as I can't get OpenSSL to install properly on Win64.   I see there are lots of updates made to the main branch on a daily basis, but I assume I just need to wait for Sukrim to release a new version.    My question there is, where should I be looking for his new versions (or will he just post in here when he releases one)?

Thanks guys, appreciate it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 02, 2011, 08:00:48 PM
On another note, do any of you get super retarded stales with slushpool? mine is avging after 30k shares ~20% stales, rest of the pools <1% stales lol

yes - up to 33%

<2% here, using api2
August 02, 2011, 07:57:31 PM
I'm getting 2.1% stales with slush.  Did you try the alternate address? 
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 02, 2011, 07:55:05 PM
On another note, do any of you get super retarded stales with slushpool? mine is avging after 30k shares ~20% stales, rest of the pools <1% stales lol

yes - up to 33%

I wonder if this is related to slush not running LP on his pool.
Activity: 168
August 02, 2011, 07:53:05 PM

yes - up to 33%
Activity: 168
August 02, 2011, 07:52:06 PM
No, with prop your shares will allways be worth a payout, even if you do 1 share and the block total shares is 10million, you will still have 1 share worth paid out from the 10million shares, whatever that value would be.

1/10,000,000th of 50, I believe or 0.00000500 - 500 satoshi will probably buy you a candy bar in 10 years.
August 02, 2011, 07:50:10 PM
August 02, 2011, 07:49:59 PM
Ok, so I'm a little confused (get used to it Cheesy).    As I said, I've mined at Triple and Pol for a while and then the script changed me to another pool.   The Triple and Pol shares are now decaying down to zero.     I thought the point of hopping was that you used pool's that didn't decay shares, so that even when you jump away you still get paid for the work whenever the block ends up getting solved?

Like I said, I'm easily confused Cheesy

Your shares isnt decaying, it just becomes a smaller percentage of the overall shares, thats how prop works and thats how you score out of prop system.

Right Ok.  Same end result though isn't it?  No payout for the work done unless a block is solved just after you jump out?

No, with prop your shares will allways be worth a payout, even if you do 1 share and the block total shares is 10million, you will still have 1 share worth paid out from the 10million shares, whatever that value would be.

Righto.  Well you guys are far smarter than I am so I'll take your word for it Cheesy
August 02, 2011, 07:47:51 PM
I think I got LP fixed. Or at least less broken. Those on the bleeding edge may want to update.
August 02, 2011, 07:46:44 PM
Ok, so I'm a little confused (get used to it Cheesy).    As I said, I've mined at Triple and Pol for a while and then the script changed me to another pool.   The Triple and Pol shares are now decaying down to zero.     I thought the point of hopping was that you used pool's that didn't decay shares, so that even when you jump away you still get paid for the work whenever the block ends up getting solved?

Your shares isnt decaying, it just becomes a smaller percentage of the overall shares, thats how prop works and thats how you score out of prop system.

Right Ok.  Same end result though isn't it?  No payout for the work done unless a block is solved just after you jump out?

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 02, 2011, 07:44:39 PM
Ok, so I'm a little confused (get used to it Cheesy).    As I said, I've mined at Triple and Pol for a while and then the script changed me to another pool.   The Triple and Pol shares are now decaying down to zero.     I thought the point of hopping was that you used pool's that didn't decay shares, so that even when you jump away you still get paid for the work whenever the block ends up getting solved?

Right Ok.  Same end result though isn't it?  No payout for the work done unless a block is solved just after you jump out?

actually it follows a downward curb, starting from 150% for ex. slowly decaying to 110-115%, your total share efficiency, can't find my graphs in here to show you an example, and you actually stay at over 100% at  2 or 3 * difficulty, if I got that right.
August 02, 2011, 07:42:09 PM
take your pick man. notepad? really?

Hey, watch what you say about notepad.   Wink
August 02, 2011, 07:38:41 PM

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
August 02, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
Pages:
Jump to: