Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 95. (Read 355689 times)

legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
August 03, 2011, 03:45:39 PM
is it possible to see http://localhost:8337/stats#
on another Computer in another place to see the stats from anywhere?
(eg. VPN)
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 03, 2011, 03:42:26 PM
can it be worth to force mine at slush when we see someting like this:

[url]

there have been some very short rounds...

Yeah, except you don't know if when you jump in, that's the start of a long round. The graph is what has already happened.

eeehh, If you know some method to find out if it will be a long or short round share it please, it would be a great help to all of us Wink
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 03, 2011, 03:41:43 PM
yeah mine_friendly seemed like a good idea.. until you do the math.. it is is like anti hopping and not only are you getting the super long blocks with low share value, but you are doing so on purpose, this defeats the entire purpose of hopping and it doesnt take many of these super long blocks to totally negate all of our benefits gained from hopping.

I think it would be better, to donate one percent at any pool that agrees to not screw with hoppers. That goes to teh pool owner, who is the one who would actually screw with us.
legendary
August 03, 2011, 03:39:40 PM
Yeah, except you don't know if when you jump in, that's the start of a long round. The graph is what has already happened.
Yes I know but if not otherwise a better pool, can it be better to jump in slush for the 10% before to jump in backup?
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
August 03, 2011, 03:33:57 PM

[url]

legendary
August 03, 2011, 03:32:44 PM

[url]

mine_slush already does that, hope it didn't broke with the new scheduler, so you're getting a share of that don't worry
legendary
August 03, 2011, 03:27:59 PM
Ahh, good to know I'm not the only one. I'll see if I can fix it up, not sure how c00w intended to trigger a switch, let me try a quick hack.
now it was very long from BtcPool24
------------------------
[17:02:02] Error in pool api for btcpool24
------------------------
and then
BtcPool24 and polmine changed to
api_disable
I have it manually changed back to mine - if I have not done this, does this stay at api_disable or sometimes changing back?

can someone update pools.cfg in git

Code:
[btcworld]
name: BTC World
mine_address: btcworld.de:8332
api_address: http://www.btcpool24.com/json_stats.php
api_method: json
api_key: shares_this_round
Works fine now

yep with pleasure but you're getting share count from "btcpool24" and put it in "btcworld" pool  Tongue  , 2 distinct pools
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
August 03, 2011, 03:25:02 PM
Ahh, good to know I'm not the only one. I'll see if I can fix it up, not sure how c00w intended to trigger a switch, let me try a quick hack.
------------------------
------------------------
and then
api_disable
I have it manually changed back to mine - if I have not done this, does this stay at api_disable or sometimes changing back?

can someone update pools.cfg in git

Code:
[btcworld]
name: BTC World
mine_address: btcworld.de:8332
api_address: http://www.btcpool24.com/json_stats.php
api_method: json
api_key: shares_this_round
Works fine now
legendary
August 03, 2011, 03:19:32 PM
I believe it always stays api_disabled right now. When it actually says api_disabled.

BTCworld.. didnt we give up on them for faking stats? I have them disabled.. pretty sure it was due to screwing with us.

hehe lots of btc[any] pools here,
legendary
August 03, 2011, 03:18:51 PM

[url]

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 03, 2011, 03:18:18 PM
I hope everybody isn't completely sworn off Bitclockers - they've found 4 blocks today.

And look who one of their top workers has been:
gnaget are you hopping them or riding 247?
Hasn't been a bad time to be 247, tbh.
Also, I've been running with Cherry Picker on more and more rigs for the last day or so. BitClockers doesn't seem to block, delay, QOS, etc. using CP. Interesting data point.

I've been hopping them with mine_friendly.

Well, I don't really believe in mine_friendly_charity_at-a-loss
But I make my friendly contributions in my own way

Smiley
moOo
August 03, 2011, 03:01:03 PM
I believe it always stays api_disabled right now. When it actually says api_disabled.

BTCworld.. didnt we give up on them for faking stats? I have them disabled.. pretty sure it was due to screwing with us.

legendary
August 03, 2011, 02:58:11 PM
------------------------
------------------------
and then
api_disable
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 03, 2011, 02:40:54 PM
This seems to be an issue:
Code:
min_slice = self.sliceinfo[valid_servers[0]]
      server = valid_servers[0]
      for server in valid_servers:
        if self.sliceinfo[server] < min_slice:
            min_slice = self.sliceinfo[server]
            server = valid_servers[0]

Although, not sure how this related to server_update and this:
Code:
if self.sliceinfo[self.bh.pool.get_current()] > 10:
            return True

Not sure what the 10 is about, after a few rounds of slicing, that should always be true, which doesn't sound ideal...
Activity: 42
August 03, 2011, 02:07:46 PM

IDK if the slicer is working correctly.  Just tried it again with bitclockers at 42% and polmine at around 38% and it would not switch off of bitclockers.
now polmine is at around 1,8% and next BtcPool24 at around 9,6% and it does not switch...

edit: and now bitclockers  at 2,3%

legendary
August 03, 2011, 02:02:06 PM
IDK if the slicer is working correctly.  Just tried it again with bitclockers at 42% and polmine at around 38% and it would not switch off of bitclockers.
now polmine is at around 1,8% and next BtcPool24 at around 9,6% and it does not switch...

edit: and now bitclockers  at 2,3%
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 03, 2011, 01:56:32 PM
c00w did a lot of updating late last night.. not sure the status of the slicer. A lot of people were having problems at 4am eastern.

It IS expected to jump to some of those lower percent ones, but not very often.. we are trying to divide our work load between pools that are below 43% but not necessarily hop on and hop off immediately. I believe the last time he said it was around 3 minutes between hops. Mine is slicing

Also Know one thing, if you are on the latest and greatest you are on alpha untested software.

the slicing thing is new on c00ws, there might be some issues getting it to where we and he wants it.

Yea, thats why I reverted to an older build for now.  The cool thing about bitclockers is that their crappyness causes the old builds to "slice" in a way.  Mining on bitclockers and polmine right now.  When bitclockers lags about once a minute it switches to polmine.
legendary
August 03, 2011, 01:06:53 PM
is btcserv not going till now or in my config an error?
-------------------------------------------------
 DB Verson: 0.2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bitHopper.py", line 224, in
    bithopper_global = BitHopper()
  File "bitHopper.py", line 44, in __init__
    self.db = database.Database(self)
  File "/home/ewi/bitHopper/database.py", line 29, in __init__
    self.check_database()
  File "/home/ewi/bitHopper/database.py", line 130, in check_database
    self.curs.execute(sql)
sqlite3.OperationalError: unknown database btcserv
-------------------------------------------------
TIA
moOo
August 03, 2011, 01:02:04 PM
c00w did a lot of updating late last night.. not sure the status of the slicer. A lot of people were having problems at 4am eastern.

It IS expected to jump to some of those lower percent ones, but not very often.. we are trying to divide our work load between pools that are below 43% but not necessarily hop on and hop off immediately. I believe the last time he said it was around 3 minutes between hops. Mine is slicing

Also Know one thing, if you are on the latest and greatest you are on alpha untested software.

the slicing thing is new on c00ws, there might be some issues getting it to where we and he wants it.
Activity: 26
August 03, 2011, 12:35:45 PM
Hi everyone, first of all I wanted to say thank you to c00w and company for making this awesome hopper. I've been using it for about a week now and it rocks.

Second, I've been trying to get the slice scheduler working and it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm running BH with --scheduler SliceScheduler and it seems to stick to just one pool even though there are several below 43.5% any thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: