Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 158. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 24, 2011, 03:21:10 PM
I agree with joules. Pool op's and 24/7 miners get so self righteous about hopping. Yet as we've seen, when pools are hopper friendly they solve blocks faster than comparable size pools who try to block hoppers. Exhibit A: bitp.it. When they were hop friendly they were scoring several blocks. Then they started faking and blocking and got stuck on a 6 day round.
Exhibit B: mtred. They have yet to implement anti pool hopping techniques and are consistently pulling in blocks. Their 24/7 miners whine about hoppers but don't realize the benefit they receive from hoppers. So if they start to mess with stats or otherwise go anti-hopper then we should all just turn them off and let them flail.

There is no benefit from hoppers.
Only the hoppers benefit.

Finding blocks faster doesn't help anyone mining in a pool, it only makes the share of hoppers bigger and the ones of the non-hoppers smaller.
If you can't calculate that, don't blame me...

What's more beneficial to 24/7 miners? Getting 1% of 4 blocks per day or getting 4% of 1 block every 4 days? If you can't calculate that, don't blame me.
Ask bitp.it miners if they preferred the time from July 13th to 18th or the time from the 18th to the 23rd. They may have gotten a smaller share but they got nothing for 6 days and when they finally got it, it didn't make up the lost coins.
And pool operators benefit from being able to advertise higher Gh/s rates in the forum. Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. If you don't already have >1Th/s you are benefitted by hoppers.
In the end, non-hoppers will be viewed as solo miners and CPU miners. Nonhoppers are buggy whip manufacturers and we are in the automobile era.

Except it was more like this:  100% 50 coins of one block that may be found in 6 - 7 years.  The 300mhs that the pool was running at prior to the pool being hopped.

To a smaller amount of actual coins that were produced when the block was found because the hoppers.

Yes they are advertising 50Ghs now.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 24, 2011, 02:43:20 PM
I agree with joules. Pool op's and 24/7 miners get so self righteous about hopping. Yet as we've seen, when pools are hopper friendly they solve blocks faster than comparable size pools who try to block hoppers. Exhibit A: bitp.it. When they were hop friendly they were scoring several blocks. Then they started faking and blocking and got stuck on a 6 day round.
Exhibit B: mtred. They have yet to implement anti pool hopping techniques and are consistently pulling in blocks. Their 24/7 miners whine about hoppers but don't realize the benefit they receive from hoppers. So if they start to mess with stats or otherwise go anti-hopper then we should all just turn them off and let them flail.

Finding blocks faster doesn't help anyone mining in a pool, it only makes the share of hoppers bigger and the ones of the non-hoppers smaller.

What's more beneficial to 24/7 miners? Getting 1% of 4 blocks per day or getting 4% of 1 block every 4 days? If you can't calculate that, don't blame me.
Ask bitp.it miners if they preferred the time from July 13th to 18th or the time from the 18th to the 23rd. They may have gotten a smaller share but they got nothing for 6 days and when they finally got it, it didn't make up the lost coins.
And pool operators benefit from being able to advertise higher Gh/s rates in the forum. Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. If you don't already have >1Th/s you are benefitted by hoppers.
In the end, non-hoppers will be viewed as solo miners and CPU miners. Nonhoppers are buggy whip manufacturers and we are in the automobile era.
July 24, 2011, 02:41:39 PM
Code:
[btcworld]
name: BTC World
mine_address: btcworld.de:8332
api_address:http://btcworld.de/statistics
role:info
api_method:re
api_key:Valid\s+shares\s+for\s+current\s+round:([0-9]+(,[0-9]+)*)
api_strip:','
#CHANGE THIS
#http://btcworld.de/signup
user: user
pass: x

This works just fine when I run it through the steps (selectSharesResponse) in python cmd line, but not when I run it "live".
Try this regex:
Code:
api_key:Valid\s+shares\s+for\s+current\s+round:([0-9]+(?:,[0-9]+)*)
This is untested, but the (?:[your RegEx here]) syntax is used if you want to group something but not generate a group in the output.
BitHopper now takes output.group(1) to get the difficulty from regex. That means the first string that you surround with parentheses. I don't know how nested groups are named, but when you use the (?:[your RegEx here]) syntax it shouldn't matter.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
July 24, 2011, 02:34:35 PM
Got this for poolmunity from the latest from c00w:

Code:
[14:26:10] LP Call poolmunity.com:8332/LP
[Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): error.ConnectError'>: An error occurred while connecting: 10013: An attempt was
made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions..
]

Any ideas?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2011, 02:30:32 PM
Something up with btcmonkey?

Getting error in pool api for it in the latest release, all other pools work fine
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
July 24, 2011, 02:20:54 PM

bb
Activity: 84
July 24, 2011, 02:15:07 PM
[ ] You understand this.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 24, 2011, 02:10:53 PM
July 24, 2011, 01:59:17 PM
poolmunity just started a new block. LO! and behold - hashrate just rose from 3Ghps to over 30Ghps. I wonder what will happen when they hit over 700000 total shares? Careful....

Yep and the only reason they had 3GH to begin with is because I added poolmunity to my bithopper config last Monday afternoon--only to test the settings.  Prior to this they had a whopping 300MHs on it's second week of mining.  My wife then went into labor and my 3.5GH got stuck on poolmunity.  Five days later when I came home with my baby girl, I posted the settings on the forum and then C00w added them to source.  Once that happened and bithopper chose poolmunity and they found a block.  The only way this pool was able to find a block was becuase of bithopper.  So it's going to be funny to watch them commit suicide and it's even funnier looking at the complaints on this forum when the sole reason they ever found a block was because of poolhopper.
legendary
July 24, 2011, 01:19:43 PM
poolmunity is going to be worthless in hopping because on their forums it says "As you have mentioned that the pool's payout structure will be changed to the
"Meni Rosenfeld method", could you please explain what we can expect?"

"The geometric method only punishes pool hoppers.
For the normal, non-hopping miner it makes no difference."

More reason for me to "hop" over to Poolmunity...
bb
Activity: 84
July 24, 2011, 12:33:02 PM
1) bb? yeah. thats the issue. I'll fix it.
EDIT: Fixed.

Thanks for the fix. But here comes number 3:

https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper/pull/44
Activity: 53
July 24, 2011, 12:32:29 PM
poolmunity is going to be worthless in hopping because on their forums it says "As you have mentioned that the pool's payout structure will be changed to the
"Meni Rosenfeld method", could you please explain what we can expect?"

"The geometric method only punishes pool hoppers.
For the normal, non-hopping miner it makes no difference."
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 24, 2011, 12:29:50 PM
DNS lookup failed: address 'nofeemining.com' not found:

sounds like you are having connection issues, not sure if that is related to your problem though.

are you using your ISPs dns or some other like google dns?

Ive been in poolmunity like 9 hours now, is that normal?

sometimes

Soon, poolhoppers wil get an IP ban by pools.

probably, as long as they arent mega douches like bitcoin.lc who cares.

And really I dont mind the outrage over hoppers, but if you are going to be upset at the very least PUT SOMEWHERE ON YOUR SITE THAT HOPPING IS BANNED.

People have been attacking hoppers for breaking the rules when they have no fucking rules posted.

and really any pool owner can come to this thread and find ways to protect themselves. No shit, they can learn from us. It would have been pretty easy to make this more secret and NOT OFFER them that opportunity.

So really I have zero sympathy for the people pissed at us.

None of them said we couldnt do this and then they cry when we do and they can make simple and proven fixes that block us.. so FUCK EM.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
July 24, 2011, 12:28:17 PM
$ git pull
Already up-to-date.
which git do you always take?
from ryouiki or c00w or another?
what is the best?
TIA

git://github.com/c00w/bitHopper.git

or do I need to use another? If so, please post the git address.
legendary
July 24, 2011, 12:20:01 PM
Soon, poolhoppers wil get an IP ban by pools.
Activity: 10
July 24, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
In fact, triple is working fine now, btcmonkey is not.

I quote myself
Another thing... i started yesterday and its been mining in poolmunity since then. is that normal? Ive set it to hoop between ozco,polmine,mtred,nofee,triple,rfc,poolmunity,btcmonkey.
You guys add more pools? What about the ones listed in .CFG as "not hoper for a reason" Should i enable then aswell?
Ive been in poolmunity like 9 hours now, is that normal?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 24, 2011, 11:55:09 AM
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/triplemining.com

says they can acees tripleming, so it's just you. check localhost:8332 should show you trip's diff.
July 24, 2011, 11:47:41 AM
I just realize thoses webpages arent loading in my browser, are those pools down? shoauld it cause that error?
July 24, 2011, 11:41:26 AM
Hey guys im kinda new to this.
Ive managed to run the software. And im getting the "Dificulty" score for most servers, except from Triple and BTCmonkey.
all i did is changing the "user" and "pass" values to mi workers ones.
name: triplemining.com
mine_address: eu1.triplemining.com:8344
api_address:https://www.triplemining.com/stats
api_method:re
api_key:-->([ 0-9]+)
api_strip:' '
role:mine
#CHANGE THIS
#https://www.triplemining.com/register
user: me
pass: mypass

Ive also tried adding triple_user_apikey:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(my api) under pass, like other pools shows. Not working for me.
Im getting:
Error in pool api for Triple
Error in pool api for BTCmonkey

Another thing... i started yesterday and its been mining in poolmunity since then. is that normal? Ive set it to hoop between ozco,polmine,mtred,nofee,triple,rfc,poolmunity,btcmonkey.
You guys add more pools? What about the ones listed in .CFG as "not hoper for a reason" Should i enable then aswell?
Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
July 24, 2011, 11:34:57 AM
$ git pull
Already up-to-date.
which git do you always take?
from ryouiki or c00w or another?
what is the best?
TIA
Jump to: