Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 154. (Read 355689 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
July 25, 2011, 11:30:25 AM
Code:
[18:18:35] RPC request [56c57000] submitted to BTC Guild
Caught, jsonrpc_call insides
DNS lookup failed: address 'us.btcguild.com' not found: [Errno -2] Name or service not known.
[18:18:39] RPC request [2e386000] submitted to BTC Guild

Is there any way to "slow down" or if it fails, run it once more and then jump to next pool.

I get pointless jumps from backup to backup because my ISP DNS just sucks.

Thank you
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 25, 2011, 11:27:25 AM
Btw, rfcpool seems to delay their api json stats by 10000 shares, you can verify this by looking at the running share count that updates in realtime on the main page stats next to realtime pool gh stats.

Im thinking we should get regex reading from those stats rather than the json, currently with json you would not get into rfcpool new block round with bithopper until 10k shares are sold and thats counterproductive for a hopper Wink

the reason for that would be memcached active for json, let's not repeat the triplemining error hammering the stats page thousand times/second

Whatever the reason, 10k difference is a huge portion of the +EV we can gain from hopping. I agree, thats why its probably not for everyone else hammering would occur Wink
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 25, 2011, 11:25:57 AM
Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?

Yes.

Any help?  Or do you actually not know?

just answered above
legendary
July 25, 2011, 11:25:24 AM
Btw, rfcpool seems to delay their api json stats by 10000 shares, you can verify this by looking at the running share count that updates in realtime on the main page stats next to realtime pool gh stats.

Im thinking we should get regex reading from those stats rather than the json, currently with json you would not get into rfcpool new block round with bithopper until 10k shares are sold and thats counterproductive for a hopper Wink

the reason for that would be memcached active for json, let's not repeat the triplemining error hammering the stats page thousand times/second
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 25, 2011, 11:24:51 AM
Regex can be a problem for some pools, especially small ones - we'd hammer their front page and depending on what the page does to grab stats (eg db query) it can cause problems. This was one of bclc's issues I believe. I'd rather wait on c00w putting in a delay on regex checks before creating hassles for some poor pool operator.
July 25, 2011, 11:24:36 AM

Yes.

Are you refering to your mh speed on the webgui for bithopper, or does your actually mh speed drop on the miner output ?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 25, 2011, 11:23:03 AM

Yes.

legendary
July 25, 2011, 11:21:54 AM
People should stop having their own personal f*cking conversations in this chat.  It is hard enough going through 50+ pages of replies to figure out information that will actually help, but there is only about 2 pages out of 50 that have actual good info because people treat this thread like their personal god damn website.

Now, does anyone happen to know why this script makes me go from 300Mhash/s to ~240Mash/s using the exact same flags, and mining the same?

If I mine on any individual pool I get 300Mhash.

When I switch to bitHopper, I get less than 250Mhash. 

Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?  Thank you!

... omitting random rant about topic...

from what I know this behavior has nothing to do with the proxy discussed here, sure you can get disconnects and rejected shares more than usual, btw if you're using the mh value in stats page that is way off. You should tune-up your miner, over/underclock gpus, tune-up system overall, etc...
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 25, 2011, 11:12:26 AM

Yes.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 25, 2011, 11:10:51 AM
People should stop having their own personal f*cking conversations in this chat.  It is hard enough going through 50+ pages of replies to figure out information that will actually help, but there is only about 2 pages out of 50 that have actual good info because people treat this thread like their personal god damn website.

Now, does anyone happen to know why this script makes me go from 300Mhash/s to ~240Mash/s using the exact same flags, and mining the same?

Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?  Thank you!

It's a forum topic, not a chat. And if you don't like the personal conversation nature of the topic why did you start with your own personal conversation - dressed up like a childish rant. Sure there are 50+ pages but that's because this project is under active development and this is the medium for discussion on that development. If you want to keep up, well then, keep up.
Activity: 84
July 25, 2011, 10:46:49 AM

Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?  Thank you!

*edit im dumb, had wrong flags in.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 25, 2011, 10:26:40 AM
Turn off Poolmunity if you were using it - they're now using Meni's algo and good luck to them. This means you should get close to 1.0x for your shares.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22036.msg380830#msg380830

July 25, 2011, 10:17:13 AM
My farm isnt super massive, just added another graphics card for 32.5Gh total

Jaysus! You're 1/3 of the hopper effect!

Er, wanna join Team Hopper on Triplemine? I'd love to see the best Team in the rankings be a Hopper team!

Im rarely on triplemining, have my own pool there thanks Wink

Gotta get every last penny out of the hashrate haha
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 25, 2011, 09:56:29 AM
My farm isnt super massive, just added another graphics card for 32.5Gh total

Jaysus! You're 1/3 of the hopper effect!

Er, wanna join Team Hopper on Triplemine? I'd love to see the best Team in the rankings be a Hopper team!
July 25, 2011, 09:50:52 AM
I'll be interested in the outcome there. Maybe just a mixup about the new scoring system?

Also - how did you end up with 15000 shares on backup? I only got in 100 or 200 and I'm at 1Ghps. You got about 100x the shares I did - you running a farm there buddy boy?  Wink

Im running a farm of course but the main reason i got 15000 shares is because I didnt run it as a backup going into the new block (where they made the new payout method) so i had it on as a primary server still, only to realise later they moved to the new payout system.

Ouch! 15000 shares at 100%! That's half a day for me and I'd really hate for all those shares to be only 1.0x instead of 2.0x. Sorry to hear that.

So, farmer joe, what kind of hashes you pulling? Are *you* responsible for the 'hopper boost?  Wink

I was only on bitpit for about ~1hr and whatever the outcome(It might just be me missing how they handled payouts since I cant match round share size of blocks solved) and not terribly concerned however if its perhaps a bug we could sort it out now rather than later.

My farm isnt super massive, just added another graphics card for 32.5Gh total Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 25, 2011, 09:48:38 AM
I'll be interested in the outcome there. Maybe just a mixup about the new scoring system?

Also - how did you end up with 15000 shares on backup? I only got in 100 or 200 and I'm at 1Ghps. You got about 100x the shares I did - you running a farm there buddy boy?  Wink

Im running a farm of course but the main reason i got 15000 shares is because I didnt run it as a backup going into the new block (where they made the new payout method) so i had it on as a primary server still, only to realise later they moved to the new payout system.

Ouch! 15000 shares at 100%! That's half a day for me and I'd really hate for all those shares to be only 1.0x instead of 2.0x. Sorry to hear that.

So, farmer joe, what kind of hashes you pulling? Are *you* responsible for the 'hopper boost?  Wink
July 25, 2011, 09:35:29 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
July 25, 2011, 09:30:12 AM

July 25, 2011, 09:28:45 AM

Ill gladly inform you of my account and that I had 15000 shares in this current round, all those shares went down to 1.

Will pm you.

Yes, please do please PM me here. That is not the expect behavior of our system at all, I do want to figure out what happened.

Ok now im just utterly confused lol

I just thought you had cleared a quick block but that wasnt the case, please have a look at my stats for last block before keep jibber jabbering about potentially nothing.

I pm'd you.
Activity: 112
July 25, 2011, 09:22:49 AM

Ill gladly inform you of my account and that I had 15000 shares in this current round, all those shares went down to 1.

Will pm you.

Yes, please do please PM me here. That is not the expect behavior of our system at all, I do want to figure out what happened.

EDIT:

I just saw your edit. No problem. You had me worried for a bit, because there is always the chance of a bug and those types of bugs (the ones were people lose money) are the ones that worry me the most.  Smiley

I am glad you figured out what was going on. If anyone else does notice any unusual behavior, do let me know. Or policy is to not discourage part-time miners (of any sort), so if you cannot access our site or your rewards look screwy, let us know. We have some legitimate fail2ban stuff in place, but we use that for rate limiting and general DDoS prevention.... not hopper prevent, never have actually.
Jump to: