Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 164. (Read 355689 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 22, 2011, 03:32:44 PM
Anyone still have invites to hoppersden?

dunno, ask around Tongue (just joking I feel fine today)
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 22, 2011, 03:24:57 PM
Anyone still have invites to hoppersden?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 22, 2011, 02:38:22 PM
flowers diff isn't that big, shouldn't be too hard to merge.

Question is to merge with c00w or ryouiki to start? hmmm  Undecided

In the meantime, playing around with using fasthoop to adjust reported shares vs time last block found.

I've found that fasthoop doesn't seem to be reporting back solved blocks any faster than mtred/slush/bitclocker APIs, based on about 24hrs worth of data. Not sure how "realtime" it's block detection really is... looks like they rely on the same APIs that bithopper would poll.

Any other service that will show in _true_ realtime when blocks are solved by a pool?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 22, 2011, 02:25:53 PM
Speaking of timeslicing, flowers when will you merge your code into new updates from c00w github ?

Think most of your version is still heavily outdated since recent updates made to structure by c00w.

flowerpower is now on Github:
https://github.com/flower1024/flowerPower

I'll leave it to someone who actually knows something about coding to merge into c00w's main source.

Right now it looks like everything echiu64 did has been merged into ryouki's master. and everything c00w has done has been merged into elitak's master. If elitak's work could pickup the latest ryouiki and merge into c00w that would be great!

It seems some of the main differences (and I may be missing a lot) lies in reporting. Could we just create a master index.html that has links for the various reporting views? I'm sure I'm missing that there are now different stat databases as well (lets' merge those).

Get all this back into the main source and then add some flowerpower to c00w for slicing and we should have a great release candidate!

Do we need to setup a bounty for this work?
Activity: 55
July 22, 2011, 02:23:21 PM
Edit: Nothing anymore  Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 22, 2011, 01:39:17 PM
Speaking of timeslicing, flowers when will you merge your code into new updates from c00w github ?

Think most of your version is still heavily outdated since recent updates made to structure by c00w.
July 22, 2011, 01:32:47 PM
With time slicing and penalty around 3.5, hopping PPLNS can still be effective...
Xer
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
July 22, 2011, 12:56:36 PM
X8s.de now swapped to PPLNS

"Found block for Round 30 18 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite"

"After finding the next block we'll switch to PPLNS 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite"

As for ryouiki's latest hopper

"Checking Database
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "*\ryouiki-bitHopper-743b318\bitHopper.py", line 37
0, in
    main()
  File "*\ryouiki-bitHopper-743b318\bitHopper.py", line 35
0, in main
    database.check_database(servers)
  File "*\ryouiki-bitHopper-743b318\database.py", line 22,
 in check_database
    curs.execute(sql)
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such column: accept
"
Edit. was a corrupted database.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
July 22, 2011, 12:25:55 PM
it would be wise to move mine_address in passwords.py, some pools offer more than one server
July 22, 2011, 11:47:38 AM
For triple, I'd suggest something more like:

Code:
def triple_sharesResponse(self, response):
        output = re.search(r"([0-9]+)", response)
        if output != None:
            match = output.group(1)
            round_shares = int(match)
            self.UpdateShares('triple',round_shares)

And get rid of specific character positions as much as possible this way...
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 22, 2011, 10:26:42 AM
Has anyone else seen this pop up before?

Code:
[09:05:57] LP triggered from server triplemining
[09:05:57] Reading LP Response failed

And does that mean that a long poll came in from the pool but wasn't passed on to the miner? Or did the miner not pass back a valid response?

I get this error also from time to time, all I can figure out around the meaning of it is that your miner requested LP from triplemining but the request wasnt answered fast enough thus timed out/failed.

Ive noticed this afaik only on triplemining from time to time.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
July 22, 2011, 09:13:03 AM
Has anyone else seen this pop up before?

Code:
[09:05:57] LP triggered from server triplemining
[09:05:57] Reading LP Response failed

And does that mean that a long poll came in from the pool but wasn't passed on to the miner? Or did the miner not pass back a valid response?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 22, 2011, 08:56:19 AM
Except that Triplemining is now stuck on 143849 shares for me, and bitHopper won't mine them because it's been on that for so long.

change in pool.py:

re.search(r"[0-9]*", statpage).group(0)[17:-5]
Or, even better (if they change the "1000" in the code:
"-->[0-9]*", as they even nicely mark the relevant line with that! Grin Just make sure to check the slicing of the string afterwards (and if they start inserting more comments, you'll maybe need a different regex alltogether or just a real HTML parser).

Slush should be hopped out already at ~14% afaik though, their scoring algorithm is faulty - search around a bit, I think Multipool did it like this too.
July 22, 2011, 08:48:58 AM
Ryouiki, think you can merge in c00w's payout stats in order to show show efficiency stats? Would like to see how some of my pools that I'm hopping are performing...

I added in slush and I'm pretty sure it's performing decently, would like to have something tracked vs some adhoc calculations on my part.
Activity: 176
July 22, 2011, 08:37:17 AM
@c00w: if I update to a new version, how do I keep my stats to that point?

If you just update everything works as it should, and data is persisted.

Triplemining stats are the last block stats ( 2859868 ) and probably due to them messing the results I got the pool at a "stats api disabled" state (I can recall the actual state name).

Enabling/disabling pools on the stats page should be changed to links or selects, typing is not easy with the updater js running every few secs and reverting your writing and not everyone knows every possible state.

Also as a request, a new --log param to write directly to file (if possible a rolling file) would be great I think I have been able to configure everything as it should using logrotate but it is not easy and still the daily log files are quite big using debug.

I am running latest version from GH

git fetch?

Thats ok, I have persisted the data the last two days doing
Code:
git pull origin
from time to time.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 22, 2011, 08:14:32 AM

Triplemining stats are the last block stats ( 2859868 ) and probably due to them messing the results I got the pool at a "stats api disabled" state (I can recall the actual state name).

Enabling/disabling pools on the stats page should be changed to links or selects, typing is not easy with the updater js running every few secs and reverting your writing and not everyone knows every possible state.

Also as a request, a new --log param to write directly to file (if possible a rolling file) would be great I think I have been able to configure everything as it should using logrotate but it is not easy and still the daily log files are quite big using debug.

git fetch?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 22, 2011, 08:13:55 AM
One rule: Never, ever, ever make me angry, which you are doing right now.

As for the readme, i read it...not much of an explanation there.

Also, it seems it's NOT using btcguild.

Looks like we've got an e-thug here, folks...

"we've got" you said it, let's not make it bigger than it is
gno
Activity: 28
July 22, 2011, 08:08:28 AM
One rule: Never, ever, ever make me angry, which you are doing right now.

As for the readme, i read it...not much of an explanation there.

Also, it seems it's NOT using btcguild.

Looks like we've got an e-thug here, folks...
Activity: 176
July 22, 2011, 07:29:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
July 22, 2011, 07:27:03 AM
Except that Triplemining is now stuck on 143849 shares for me, and bitHopper won't mine them because it's been on that for so long.

change in pool.py:

re.search(r"[0-9]*", statpage).group(0)[17:-5]
Jump to: