Pages:
Author

Topic: bitinstant paycard - page 3. (Read 26585 times)

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
January 20, 2013, 09:46:11 AM
Actually yes, you are absolutely right!
Gavin didn't expect and wish for so much attention and expectations before the announcement, though..
The "deadline" given here was meant differently than it is now made of, I feel..

Ente

I guess the original point stands, just slightly from a different angle: everybody thought it was going to be something actually important, then Gavin came up with an announcement nobody actually cares about. People did feel let down but nobody really wanted to be the one breaking this news to him/them.

So...careful with hype, it builds easy and blows up in your face even easier. This is thE IMTERMET!

The difference here is that no one knew what Gavins announcement was....you all know what this is.

In retrospect, me leaking this in a 3am IRC chat should not have caused this big of a hype. This project could take 4 weeks, or 4 months and there are alot of factors that go into this.

Most of you don't know what goes into creating and issuing your own card, its not easy for any company. Now imagine being in an industry where we have to convince everyone who needs to be involved that we are not the enemy, we are not money launderers or terrorists and we are responsible enough to take on this project.

You need permission from banks, card issuers, card makers, program managers, regulatory bodies, ect.

We are working thru it all, and most of the work is done as Erik has said.

Posting in this thread and coming up with opinions and ideas are stupid and just distract us from the real work we need to do.

We have posted many updates, always been transparent, never scammed anyone, and always have done what we say we will do.

Since this original announcement our team has doubled, budget doubled, operations grew, new relationships made and projects launched. This is not the only one.

Everyone on the preorder signup list will continue to get updates, this forum won't be the first spot when updates are posted.

-Charlie

So months later after the announcement...still no bitinstant paycard?

Sounds like BFL...only difference is you didn't take preorders. Just hype and more bullshit.
That is hell of a difference!
If you really believe that it is a good/needed business maybe you should develop it yourself.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
January 20, 2013, 07:18:53 AM
Gavin didn't expect and wish for so much attention and expectations before the announcement, though..
The "deadline" given here was meant differently than it is now made of, I feel..

Ente

I guess the original point stands, just slightly from a different angle: everybody thought it was going to be something actually important, then Gavin came up with an announcement nobody actually cares about. People did feel let down but nobody really wanted to be the one breaking this news to him/them.

So...careful with hype, it builds easy and blows up in your face even easier. This is thE IMTERMET!

The difference here is that no one knew what Gavins announcement was....you all know what this is.

In retrospect, me leaking this in a 3am IRC chat should not have caused this big of a hype. This project could take 4 weeks, or 4 months and there are alot of factors that go into this.

Most of you don't know what goes into creating and issuing your own card, its not easy for any company. Now imagine being in an industry where we have to convince everyone who needs to be involved that we are not the enemy, we are not money launderers or terrorists and we are responsible enough to take on this project.

You need permission from banks, card issuers, card makers, program managers, regulatory bodies, ect.

Posting in this thread and coming up with opinions and ideas are stupid and just distract us from the real work we need to do.

We have posted many updates, always been transparent, never scammed anyone, and always have done what we say we will do.

Since this original announcement our team has doubled, budget doubled, operations grew, new relationships made and projects launched. This is not the only one.

Everyone on the preorder signup list will continue to get updates, this forum won't be the first spot when updates are posted.

-Charlie

Sounds like BFL...only difference is you didn't take preorders. Just hype and more bullshit.

second rule for Bitcoin: don't be quick with announcement!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 20, 2013, 07:06:14 AM

Ente

-Charlie

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
December 18, 2012, 04:33:08 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHZtVkZSVm92X0otR2gzb3UtckFVNVE6MQ

@Charlie
Are you saying you already sent some info out? I've never got any info to my "pre-order signup" email.

Thanks
donator
Activity: 1736
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
December 18, 2012, 03:31:50 PM
Yeah, me neither. It will be worth the wait.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
December 18, 2012, 03:20:33 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHZtVkZSVm92X0otR2gzb3UtckFVNVE6MQ

@Charlie
Are you saying you already sent some info out? I've never got any info to my "pre-order signup" email.
legendary
Activity: 1708
December 18, 2012, 02:28:05 PM
Wait, there is a pre-order signup?  Where is this?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
December 18, 2012, 11:32:07 AM

Ente

-Charlie
Activity: 756
December 18, 2012, 10:44:03 AM

Ente

donator
Activity: 1736
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
December 18, 2012, 12:30:50 AM
At least wait until CES.
Christmas sucks compared to what CES will have for us this year.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
December 17, 2012, 03:41:53 PM
At least wait until CES.

EDIT: Crap! Wrong card! I'm waiting for the Bitcoincard, which is supposed to have some news at CES. This is a different card I'm also waiting on. Sorry I confused the two.
donator
Activity: 674
December 17, 2012, 12:58:26 PM
Updated info would be nice...
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
December 16, 2012, 04:19:51 PM
is the card dead now? the registration link is gone away on your website.

EDIT: ohh sorry it is only outsourced. below on the website is the link. good for you we don't need to pay in advance.
legendary
November 17, 2012, 07:05:19 PM
So... can we quote you with:

"Any progress on this?"

Plenty.

??

Sure, feel free lol.

You think we're sitting around twiddling out thumbs?

Erik posted an update somewhere on these forums recently, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1319126

-Charlie
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 17, 2012, 06:41:55 PM
So... can we quote you with:

"Any progress on this?"

Plenty.

??
legendary
November 17, 2012, 06:31:12 PM
biweekly bump. updates?

Plenty.

However, not gonna post an update on the forums. Please wait for our releases. Last time I leaked info, I got us in trouble
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 17, 2012, 04:31:47 PM
biweekly bump. updates?
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
November 04, 2012, 09:55:54 AM
After "THE September announcement" and "Bitinstant paycard" everyone should be a bit more cautionous with self-imposed deadlines.. ;-)

For the record, Bitcoin Foundation was announced in September, just as promised.

Ente
Activity: 311
Merit: 251
Bitcoin.se site owner
November 04, 2012, 04:18:25 AM
After "THE September announcement" and "Bitinstant paycard" everyone should be a bit more cautionous with self-imposed deadlines.. ;-)

For the record, Bitcoin Foundation was announced in September, just as promised.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
November 04, 2012, 03:50:07 AM
Yes, we are one impatient mob here!

Me too, can't wait to hold it in my hands!

Ente
Pages:
Jump to: