Pages:
Author

Topic: bitinstant paycard - page 4. (Read 26585 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
November 03, 2012, 08:58:23 PM
If this turns out to be vaporware, then color me disappoint. I'll probably head over to the speculation board and post a bunch of bear threads with excessive amounts of caps lock.

lol it's not vaporware, but after me leaking and starting this whole fiasco, Mastercard, my banks, and lawyers begged me to not say a word about this until launch.

For once, I will listen  Grin

Stay tuned...

I've been tuned in for some time, as I intend to have one of the first 100 in the world.  Roughly eight weeks ago the timeline for release was late October, so can you at least let us know if things are on track, or are there more delays?

Things are still nicely on track.

I never intended to give a timeline when I did, and even when I leaked it I said "possibly 6-8 weeks" which turned into '6-8 weeks' by word of mouth.

Anyone involved in a debit card program knows its impossible to give a timeline.

The good news is that we are still on track and making nice progress.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
November 03, 2012, 01:23:31 PM
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
November 03, 2012, 01:17:36 PM
litecoin too pls
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
November 03, 2012, 01:14:14 PM
If this turns out to be vaporware, then color me disappoint. I'll probably head over to the speculation board and post a bunch of bear threads with excessive amounts of caps lock.

lol it's not vaporware, but after me leaking and starting this whole fiasco, Mastercard, my banks, and lawyers begged me to not say a word about this until launch.

Stay tuned...

I've been tuned in for some time, as I intend to have one of the first 100 in the world.  Roughly eight weeks ago the timeline for release was late October, so can you at least let us know if things are on track, or are there more delays?
legendary
November 03, 2012, 01:07:49 PM

Stay tuned...
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 03, 2012, 07:19:17 AM
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
October 30, 2012, 05:12:17 PM
bad communication!

What bad communication?

I hope yankee responds to my pm about bitcoin-bitcoin transactions ;_;

Sure, I don't see a PM yet, but will be online for the next few hours.
I was asking if there is a way to do bitcoin transactions using the card, not just btc-usd/whatever. Maybe like an RFID tag in the card. Maybe merchants would start accepting bitcoin directly if they saw enough people use the cards

Hmm, thats a good idea. I doubt MS or Visa would allow us to alter their cards, but maybe an RFID sticker?

Throw me any suggestions!

um... have you tried asking your card provider about their contactless product line ? I'll bet a bitcoin they've got one, that'll do your nfc stuff for you. sticker wouldn't be any good unless you connected it up to the chip but that would be *much* harder than just getting their contactless enabled chip (which will also be PCI compliant, at least until you install a bitcoin app on it)
legendary
Hello!
October 28, 2012, 12:53:25 PM
bad communication!

What bad communication?

I was asking if there is a way to do bitcoin transactions using the card, not just btc-usd/whatever. Maybe like an RFID tag in the card. Maybe merchants would start accepting bitcoin directly if they saw enough people use the cards

Hmm, thats a good idea. I doubt MS or Visa would allow us to alter their cards, but maybe an RFID sticker?

optional RFID stickers that can be placed on the card that can be used in conjunction with the RFID thingies some payment terminals have. Using software that is run on one of the businesses machines it will convert the USD amount to BTC, and send a request to the address on the RFID tag. Somehow you verify this (pin on the terminal?) and the btc is sent.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 28, 2012, 12:51:25 PM
Never put yourself in a position to be dependent on an announced product being released on time.
legendary
October 28, 2012, 12:40:19 PM
bad communication!

What bad communication?

legendary
Hello!
October 28, 2012, 12:35:43 PM
bad communication!

What bad communication?

legendary
October 28, 2012, 11:55:40 AM
bad communication!

What bad communication?

this bad communication: are you able to give a launching timeline for this new debit card?

No, we said "possibly 6-8 weeks" originally. There are many factors that are in play that delay things.

Considering this is the first ever card of its kind, it's not as easy as pushing a button.

We never gave an official timeline (my comments on IRC were not official nor definite) and we cannot.
legendary
October 28, 2012, 08:38:53 AM
bad communication!

What bad communication?

this bad communication: are you able to give a launching timeline for this new debit card?
legendary
October 27, 2012, 11:44:18 PM
bad communication!

What bad communication?

legendary
Hello!
October 27, 2012, 10:31:44 PM
legendary
October 27, 2012, 01:16:50 PM
bad communication!
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
October 19, 2012, 03:42:00 PM
So any news on how many weeks still to wait before release?

Maybe 6-8 weeks.

Sure it's not "two weeks"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Money_Pit
legendary
Hello!
October 19, 2012, 12:15:21 PM
This might be a dumb question, but are you going to set up a way to use this for /bitcoin/ transactions too? Maybe some POS software that will allow you to pick "bitcoins" or an RFID tag?

Maybe.

Think about it, you own a coffee shop, some hipsters come in everyday to write their screenplay on their macbooks and pay in bitcoins using this card. Eventually you might ask, whats bitinstant? Then the next thing you know you can accept bitcoin in your shop using the bitinstant card without converting it to USD
legendary
Activity: 1008
October 19, 2012, 10:22:25 AM
This might be a dumb question, but are you going to set up a way to use this for /bitcoin/ transactions too? Maybe some POS software that will allow you to pick "bitcoins" or an RFID tag?

Maybe.
legendary
Hello!
October 19, 2012, 09:27:40 AM
Pages:
Jump to: