Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain announces plan to create altcoin if BIP148 succeeds - page 12. (Read 16934 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Let them have their alt shitcoin. They will go bankrupt and we will be the ones who are correct on the changes to be implemented.
I see this as a scare tactics and look at how the market responded to this news,the market went down because of the bullshit proposal they made. Lets say even if they create their own shit coin i am sure they will be investing their time in bitcoin as these sort of techniques are used just to get attention and let  others know that they are in control over bitcoin. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
What is funny about this to me is that the whole premise of Bitcoin is to have a low-cost, decentralized currency.  However:

1. It isn't low-cost (a $1 transaction costs $4 with the transaction fee (at a minimum))
2. It isn't decentralized (1 organization has a massive influence).  This announcement has caused a swing of $400 USD in the currency value TODAY!

I say bring BIP148 and give the valuable coin back to the ordinary miners that don't have massive warehouses of efficient miners with free energy in China?  Would that actually happen (I legitimately don't know to make a judgement)?

Bloody brilliant idea to crash the price below $500.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
https://blog.bitmain.com/en/uahf-contingency-plan-uasf-bip148/

Bitmain is announcing that if BIP148 succeeds, then they are essentially going to mine a new SHA-256 altcoin instead of Bitcoin. If you don't do anything, it'll be as if mining power dropped somewhat, but you'll otherwise be completely unaffected.

I feel like some people might read this statement as trying to force a decision between Bitmain's altcoin and BIP148, but you should be roughly equally unaffected whether or not you enforce BIP148. It might help BIP148's chances a little due to removing Bitmain from consideration and therefore increasing the chances of activating the traditional BIP141 SegWit deployment, though I continue to be pessimistic about BIP148's chances; I consider continuation of the status-quo and a somewhat later BIP149 UASF as the most likely outcome.

I kinda doubt that they're actually going to stick by what they say here, but if they do, it only seems like good news. If you'd like to use a currency controlled by a single company that puts its ability to use its patented Asicboost tech above all other considerations, feel free! I'll stick with Bitcoin, thank you very much.

I always like to think they are just bsing. They want to appear like they are in control and their ego + greed gets in their way.

Let them have their alt shitcoin. They will go bankrupt and we will be the ones who are correct on the changes to be implemented.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
What is funny about this to me is that the whole premise of Bitcoin is to have a low-cost, decentralized currency.  However:

1. It isn't low-cost (a $1 transaction costs $4 with the transaction fee (at a minimum))
2. It isn't decentralized (1 organization has a massive influence).  This announcement has caused a swing of $400 USD in the currency value TODAY!

I say bring BIP148 and give the valuable coin back to the ordinary miners that don't have massive warehouses of efficient miners with free energy in China?  Would that actually happen (I legitimately don't know to make a judgement)?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Do you feel you are being censored here? You're sprouting your horseshit and people are free to agree with it, yet somehow no one does. Apart from the mentally disabled useful idiot Ver, there is no one with any significat amount of BTC that supports jihancoin. Lets just let the market decide, cant wait to sell my jihan altcoins.

You must be a new bitcoiner.

Supporting larger blocks is simply adhering to Satoshi's original vision, Large Blocks is not "jihancoin" it is simply scaling Bitcoin the way that it was originally intended. Using that kind of vocabulary only reveals yourself as either being New, Brainwashed or having Low intelligence, or possibly all three.

Anyone worth their salt knows that Blockstream are the ones attempting to fundamentally alter Bitcoin, and nothing is more worthy of being called an altcoin than the Astroturf'd UASF crapcoin. Segwit in itself is also a radical change, much more radical than simply increasing the blocksize.

Get off r/bitcoin and go read a book or something.

Satoshi talked about digital cash. You can't have digital cash with corporations running the nodes. Satoshi was wrong, he failed to predict the current situation. Bitcoin loses its store-of-value properties with a large blocksize.

Most people with real money invested in bitcoin don't care about whatever "satoshi's original vision" was. They understand being able to run nodes is a priority.

Good luck with premined ChinaCoin if that's what you want.

Educate yourself:

https://medium.com/@adam_selene/nodes-e3bb49364b3a

https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/why-every-bitcoin-user-should-understand-spv-security-520d1d45e0b9
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I learnt about experts they're experts on fuck all
That is what i am expecting with them if they are planning to create a new coin,they will premine and make trillions with it but who will be investing in it. Cheesy This is a real threat by them and we now have a date on how things might go in the bitcoin world,i am not sure whether this will be a thing to be worried as the uncertainty increases how will the market react to these news,i think there will be a correction because i am sure people will panic .

Don't worry there are plenty of premined scam coin addicts around. If they can't find anybody to sell their shit coins, I am pretty sure Eth people will lend a hand.
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
That is what i am expecting with them if they are planning to create a new coin,they will premine and make trillions with it but who will be investing in it. Cheesy This is a real threat by them and we now have a date on how things might go in the bitcoin world,i am not sure whether this will be a thing to be worried as the uncertainty increases how will the market react to these news,i think there will be a correction because i am sure people will panic .
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Do you feel you are being censored here? You're sprouting your horseshit and people are free to agree with it, yet somehow no one does. Apart from the mentally disabled useful idiot Ver, there is no one with any significat amount of BTC that supports jihancoin. Lets just let the market decide, cant wait to sell my jihan altcoins.

Supporting larger blocks is simply adhering to Satoshi's original vision, Large Blocks is not "jihancoin" it is simply scaling Bitcoin the way that it was originally intended. Using that kind of vocabulary only reveals yourself as either being New, Brainwashed or having Low intelligence, or possibly all three.

Anyone worth their salt knows that Blockstream are the ones attempting to fundamentally alter Bitcoin, and nothing is more worthy of being called an altcoin than the Astroturf'd UASF crapcoin. Segwit in itself is also a radical change, much more radical than simply increasing the blocksize.

Satoshi talked about digital cash. You can't have digital cash with corporations running the nodes. Satoshi was wrong, he failed to predict the current situation. Bitcoin loses its store-of-value properties with a large blocksize.

Most people with real money invested in bitcoin don't care about whatever "satoshi's original vision" was. They understand being able to run nodes is a priority.

Satoshi wasn't wrong when one's reads "between the line." The current situation prevents anyone from trying to change digital cash into something else without consensus, thus working as intended. Corporation isn't running nodes. There is a way to alleviate and increase the number of nodes to prevent centralisation but it seems no one is listening. It is either Core's way or no way.

Please stop being stupid, this is fuding at its worse.

Irrelevant and wrong again. Satoshi's original vision still stands and short-term speculators are of no interest to me.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

you can have digital cash without corporate control... growth via NODES (dynamics) means nodes display what they can handle and pools follow the consensus..

there is no "gigabytes by midnight causing datacentres" debate .. you have been hypnotised into that FUD

you have been brain washed that the BScore-porate control is the only way..

all the segwit imps and bips
gavin+garzig(BLOQ->DCG)
baryysilbert(dcg)
core(blockstream->DCG)
uasf(samson/lerner->DCG)

are all the same BS

BS= blockstream, B*ll S*it, barry silbert...  its all the same BScartel

goodluck with you BScoin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442

The community can't reach consensus if there is no respectful communication between the opposing parties to begin with. Unfortunately I feel that we are past that point, and that both sides are to blame for the current deadlock situation.

There isn't anything to communicate with Jihan shills.

They tell us they want 8mb blocks, we tell them that's no gud. They tell they will fork. We tell go ahead. They puss. They keep spam. They block our progress. We tell them if you want to fork, fork your mom. They refuse. We say, if you don't wanna fork, we can fork yer mom how abawt that? They refuse again.

There is no other option but FORCE them to fork now.  Cool
Activity: 9
Long term holder and lurker here. Been in BTC since 2011 and I have been following the scaling debate closely for the past year.
Been here since 2011 and created an account just to write that BIP148 isn't the way to go. Not buying this, nice try Jonald.

Thanks for proving my point.

Comeback with your main account and say what you have to say... Only then maybe someone will take you more seriously. (I still doubt it tho)  Cool

This is my main account and I said what I had to say. Feel free to address my points or stop trolling.

This is exactly the kind of behavior that has turned the bitcoin community into a toxic environment, and why I haven't participated into other discussions before. I feel the scaling situation is reaching a tipping point and wanted to add my voice to the chorus, however insignificant you think it is.

The community can't reach consensus if there is no respectful communication between the opposing parties to begin with. Unfortunately I feel that we are past that point, and that both sides are to blame for the current deadlock situation.
Long term holder and lurker here. Been in BTC since 2011 and I have been following the scaling debate closely for the past year.
Been here since 2011 and created an account just to write that BIP148 isn't the way to go. Not buying this, nice try Jonald.

I knew you would get attacked solely based on your account age. That's all they have. I appreciate you sharing your story, as I have had a similar experience. Core is being exposed at a rapid pace now.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442

Comeback with your main account and say what you have to say... Only then maybe someone will take you more seriously. (I still doubt it tho)  Cool
Activity: 9

Good to hear that we could see a network upgrade to rectify the issues we are facing right now,but what is the use of a shit coin someone creates just to go on with his ego,we already have more than enough shit coins to go through and it is all bull shit talk from bitmain just to see how much support they are getting if they come up up with an altcoin. Wink

Don't be fooled. Only shitcoin will be the UASF one. Bitmains roadmap has majority support of the ecosystem.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Good to hear that we could see a network upgrade to rectify the issues we are facing right now,but what is the use of a shit coin someone creates just to go on with his ego,we already have more than enough shit coins to go through and it is all bull shit talk from bitmain just to see how much support they are getting if they come up up with an altcoin. Wink
Activity: 709
Merit: 503
How can everyone be right when everyone is wrong?

Compromise or walk away from each other.

This whole thing comes down to who gets the legacy/brand.

Fight until everyone walks away from you.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
So we are back to a BTU Coin?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
There's an argument to be made that there could be a BTC supply shortage on exchanges prior to August 1st, due to a larger percentage of people pulling their bitcoins off into wallets they control. If that happens, but demand remains constant, you could see the price go higher. I'm currently bearish, but there might be an opportunity there for people willing to take the risk of keeping their bitcoins for sale on the exchanges nearer to August 1st.

Keeping your coins on an exchange may be your only chance to capitalise on multiple chains. It's quite possible one or more will be so painfully slow until a difficulty change that you won't be able to move them quickly enough. By that point it may all be over.

That's true, too, as long as the exchange provides you with virtual bitcoins on both sides of the fork. It's not clear to me that every exchange will do so.
Pages:
Jump to: