Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Announces the Antminer R4 and APW5 Power Supply, Designed for Silence - page 9. (Read 84827 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
Can't access its GUI using the Host-provided VPN? Should be part of any Hosting package...
On the batch-6 at least, the top board reports as chain-8, the bottom as chain-7. God forbid BM just swap cables connectionsso the top/bottom boards report as top/bottom on the GUI  Roll Eyes
I only got a couple units there, so no.  If you have a bunch it can be set up with that certainly.  Either way it's already been sent out and back once for only a few weeks worth of full speed hashing.  Not very cost effective...  Tongue
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Repair finished, R4B4 is being sent back to Hoth...  Fingers crossed all is good!
Well that didn't take long...  R4 got back to the Hoth mine and after a few weeks has dropped a board (again) and is running at 1/2 speed.
Lame.  Angry

Well that sux.

One of my R4's has already been returned twice, after the first repair it lasted about a week and now since the 2nd it's been hashing away nicely for 35 days - touch wood it'll continue.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Repair finished, R4B4 is being sent back to Hoth...  Fingers crossed all is good!
Well that didn't take long...  R4 got back to the Hoth mine and after a few weeks has dropped a board (again) and is running at 1/2 speed.
Lame.  Angry
I'll bet it is the top board that's out, right?
My gimpy batch-6 I got had a board (top one) crap out after just 24hrs. Since I'll (eventually) have it fixed in CO just been happy with it running @4.7TH and only pulling 430w.
No way for me to tell since since it's with Alan at cryptoboreas in their Hoth mines... I'll just let it run at 1/2 speed for now.  Just had the POS shipped back and forth to the Empire's apparently useless repair facility.  Such suckitude it boggles the mind!
Can't access its GUI using the Host-provided VPN? Should be part of any Hosting package...
On the batch-6 at least, the top board reports as chain-8, the bottom as chain-7. God forbid BM just swap cables connectionsso the top/bottom boards report as top/bottom on the GUI  Roll Eyes
I'm in BTC XTC
Repair finished, R4B4 is being sent back to Hoth...  Fingers crossed all is good!
Well that didn't take long...  R4 got back to the Hoth mine and after a few weeks has dropped a board (again) and is running at 1/2 speed.
Lame.  Angry
My gimpy batch-6 I got had a board (top one) crap out after just 24hrs. Since I'll (eventually) have it fixed in CO just been happy with it running @4.7TH and only pulling 430w.
No way for me to tell since since it's with Alan at cryptoboreas in their Hoth mines... I'll just let it run at 1/2 speed for now.  Just had the POS shipped back and forth to the Empire's apparently useless repair facility.  Such suckitude it boggles the mind!
legendary
Looks to be pretty obvious:
  Power OFF of course.

Unplug the PCIe connectors to bad board. It's a PIA to squeeze the tabs on the connectors - needle-nose pliers is a great help.

Unplug data cable from board by squeezing the tab on the cable while rocking the connector back and forth to remove it.
Look at front of miner and take out the screws holding the board supports.

Remove board.[
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now
Had one R4 repaired in CO and they did a quick and good job. But, back then I was told to send the whole unit in since it had to be balanced. Now for this second R4 CO said I may be able to just send in the board that's acting up.

Has anyone just sent in an R4 board with success?

Removing S5, S7 boards a piece of cake but I never removed an R4 board. Is there a procedure somewhere showing how to remove R4 boards?
legendary
Lame.  Angry

Getting warm here so moved my R4 batch-4 from office to the break room. For a while it dinna wanna fire up the top board. Finally after it being warmed by the lower board, several hard boots later it is back up full 8.7TH. Had me scared there for a while...

So far in both cases with the dead/nearly dead top board main diagnostic is that the lil' red LED that indicates Vcore supply is live is either just barely lit or not lit at all.
I'm in BTC XTC
Repair finished, R4B4 is being sent back to Hoth...  Fingers crossed all is good!
Well that didn't take long...  R4 got back to the Hoth mine and after a few weeks has dropped a board (again) and is running at 1/2 speed.
Lame.  Angry
Activity: 442
Found Lost beach - quiet now
Another R4 acting up. The symptoms are that one board does not hash although all ASICs show 0. The difficulty autoset by my pool (slush) shows about half of a fully functional R4 and the power drawn by the bad board is only about 90 watts with temps in the 90s.

Tried hard and soft reboots and will run ok for about an hour (assigned difficulty goes from about 3k to 6k) and then acts up again and goes back down to 3k. Has anyone ever seen this problem and have any recommendations?
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
With these ASICBOOST/SegWit Bitmain claims does it mean that our R4 "are using"/"can use" ASICBOOST?

Edit: hm; https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/63zefl/asicboost_sam_cole_knc_miner_medium/
Activity: 277
No problem  Smiley. You have now the original non-autotune firmware, but you could have one faulty board because you are able to get only one board hashing.
Those batch 6's were super flakey. The board was dead an hour after I started it up. Never could get it to come back. I need to send it in for repair, just didn't want to lose the hash. And it was keeping my office warm.  Smiley

Since I'm in the US, I'll probably shoot it off to Bitmain Warranty in Colorado, now that the temps are starting to rise.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
No problem  Smiley. You have now the original non-autotune firmware, but you could have one faulty board because you are able to get only one board hashing.
Activity: 277
Well, this is an interesting find and I thought I'll share it with you. Smiley

I had a problem booting my Antminer R4 8.0 Th/s, batch 2, autotune-model.

So I went looking in here:
Bitmain.com: Three Ways to Restore Factory Settings (R4/S9/T9)
https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3957

I used the last option in the list, IP Reporter button restore.
Quote from: Bitmain
Usage: Please power off the miner, then hold down the IP Reporter and don’t release it. At the same time, please power on the miner.
Releasing the IP Reporter after 5 seconds, the machine will automatically restore factory settings.

My miner restored with firmware Aug. 9 2016 and autotune settings were gone.
I am now suddenly able to control frequency and custom fan settings.  Cheesy

This was not my original problem, but I'm happy with it.
My original problem was that the miner jammed somehow in the booting process and didn't even show up in my router ip list.

I did this on my Batch 6 R4 with a bad board, hoping it would solve the problem. Alas, it did not. It did dump the auto tune firmware and is still hashing the same on the one board, but now I have manual control of the fan speed and frequency setting!

Thanks for posting this Hagss!
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
It's Bitmain. I opened a repair rocket through their website. They told me Denver was only for out of warranty repair.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
Is this Bitmain or that authorized service company?
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
Where did you send for repair? Hong Kong or Denver?
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Well my faulty R4 is now fixed and on the way back to my place. Fedex has it in Cologne (Germany) at the moment.
No details about what was repaired though.

At least they fixed your R4. They sent back a broken R4 that would not hash. I resent it back for repair and now they said they can't replace it because they don't have any more R4 units. They want me to pay some BTC to get as a replacement a T9. It's faster but also louder. Terrible customer service.

Try to get a swap without additional payment. The R4 are doomed.

Ya they won't budge. My only options are to have them send back a busted R4 or pay up and get a T9. I asked them to provide the cost and also to send me a unit that has been fully tested 100% good. I don't want to pay and then have them send a busted up T9.

I'm in the same boat. It's an 11th/s T9 that they forced me to pay extra for, on top of the cost of shipping the whole R4 unit back instead of just the faulty board. They received the unit back on the 15th and I just received the extortion request today.
Activity: 407
Merit: 255
Well my faulty R4 is now fixed and on the way back to my place. Fedex has it in Cologne (Germany) at the moment.

At least they fixed your R4. They sent back a broken R4 that would not hash. I resent it back for repair and now they said they can't replace it because they don't have any more R4 units. They want me to pay some BTC to get as a replacement a T9. It's faster but also louder. Terrible customer service.

Ya they won't budge. My only options are to have them send back a busted R4 or pay up and get a T9. I asked them to provide the cost and also to send me a unit that has been fully tested 100% good. I don't want to pay and then have them send a busted up T9.
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

Pages:
Jump to: