Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 30. (Read 144941 times)

Activity: 818
Merit: 508
I am going to remove all of my # now

Hello 1TH

To the moon Smiley

*Just kidding

LOL. 
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
After logging in via SSH the following steps:
1. type:  "cd /etc/config"(without the quotes) and hit enter.
2. type: "vim asic-freq"(without the quotes) and hit enter.
3. hit I button to enable "edit mode" and adjust the settings, lines beginning with # are ignored.
4. after you're done hit the ESC button to exit "edit mode".
5. type ":wq" (without the quotes) to execute write and quit.
6. you'll be back in the command line, type reboot to restart your device.

You can check your frequency in the web interface miner status page.
If everything went ok, you're mining with higher speed Smiley

Then you can donate to me for providing you with extra steps to unleash ultimate hashing power Tongue 15j3fDzunHtoTsDH7MAKQQiG95q5yWYTfk

Keep looking at your HW errors to make sure your device isn't frying up.
I've added some tiny heatsinks, and running 400Mhz but still 3.3% HW error.
But my Antminer is using the Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum PSU and @400Mhz it's sucking around 395W out of the wall-socket Smiley

Complete newbie question, but when you say login to ssh, is that just logging into the Antminer?

Where can I find the area that enables me to modify the scripts~?

Many thanks for your help gents & ladies Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Something strange happened while overclocking today.  I forgot to put the # in front of the 350.  So I had both 375 and 350 running at the same time.  When I first rebooted the miner, for a couple of minutes it was running at 532Ghs, I should have took a screen shot.  It finally came down to 400, then 300 and around 210.  I was having no HW pop at all, and it was still running at 350.  Any thoughts about this.  If i continued with both of them, would I damage chips?  Thanks in advance..

the averaging system can report strangely at times, espescially during the first 10-15 minutes. Ive seen 800GH in the 5s and 300GH average before at about 15min into use, but the pool was 200GH. it quickly/eventually settled to a correct average
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
I am going to remove all of my # now

Hello 1TH

To the moon Smiley

*Just kidding
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
Something strange happened while overclocking today.  I forgot to put the # in front of the 350.  So I had both 375 and 350 running at the same time.  When I first rebooted the miner, for a couple of minutes it was running at 532Ghs, I should have took a screen shot.  It finally came down to 400, then 300 and around 210.  I was having no HW pop at all, and it was still running at 350.  Any thoughts about this.  If i continued with both of them, would I damage chips?  Thanks in advance..
Activity: 30
*cough* who do i report to if i cant OC it.

I have 4 ants. 3 oc'd fine. The last one reports 400 freq but still hovers at 180.

I know OC'ing is not covered. I'm very happy with the ants so far.

Just curious though Cheesy

Happy hashing people!
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Hi BitMain,

I think I received an defective AntMiner S1, order # 00120140119115357875yd15x6b80688.  This is the second one i ordered last week, 2014-01-19, and received it today, 2014-01-24.  The previous one worked flawlessly.  This second one, tried to set it up the same way I did the last one but no lights come on, nothing. Can NOT even see it on my computer as the RJ-45 port does not work.  The only thing that came on is the fan spinning.  How do i get RMA?  Thanks for your help.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Got my first S1 today, immediately overclocked it after it checked out OK. So is there any consensus on whether setting it to 400 is "too much"? The OP said he prefers 375, but it seems a lot of folks are choosing 400. Mine seems stable at 400 so far, anything to watch out for?

I had to many errors at 400.  Knocked it down to 375.  Errors went down significantly.

try 387.5 - its a good compromise between pushing the unit too far and good results.

the unit i just got has yellow/black power terminals and is actually running quite cool. 43/46 at 387.5MHz when my previous miners would have been in the 48-52 range for that.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
One of my machines is only running at 134 since yesterday. It's not overclocked - how do I do a proper power cycle on this? i.e clear the capacitors.

Thanks.

disconnect ethernet, let it start beeping, turn off, wait 1-2 minutes, turn back on and connect ethernet
Activity: 348
Merit: 251
One of my machines is only running at 134 since yesterday. It's not overclocked - how do I do a proper power cycle on this? i.e clear the capacitors.

Thanks.

Just to update, see below from the kernel log...

Sat Jan 25 05:15:30 2014 kern.info kernel: [   76.450000] bitmain 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic #0 now disconnected
Activity: 348
Merit: 251

Thanks.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
Just wondering how I can change the ATX mobo plug into 2 12V wires? 

bad idea - 400W on a single pci-e plug may cause fires and melting on some cheap PSUs

snip the 4-pin head off the ATX mobo plug and you will have 2 more pairs of 12V wire to use

Better yet, get an extender for whichever sort of cable you're working with and hack on that.  For my Antminer and Bitfury rigs, I've bought these:

http://www.frys.com/product/6171779

(Something similar without the sleeving would be more convenient; these are what were in stock locally.)

At a minimum, I short together PS_ON and GND so it can be switched on and off by the switch on the power supply.  On the Bitfury rig, I've brought out two 5V and two GND lines for my BFL miners.  For an Antminer, there are two 12V lines you could bring out.  For the 12V CPU-power cable, you could use this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-8-Inch-ATX12V-Extension-ATXP4EXT/dp/B000O7WFHA

The advantage of hacking on extenders instead of the connector on the power supply is that you can easily swap out the power supply if it goes bad or if you need to upgrade to something more powerful (more of a concern for a Bitfury rig that starts small and is expanded over time).
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
got mine yesterday, i dont understand one thing the wan setting is static and the lan is DHCP, and uptime is only on the wan, does that mean is only using the wan to mine? i have no antennae on it.
Activity: 333
Ants Rock
Here's what I have, HW's a bit high.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Hey guys, I have made a youtube video with step by step instructions on how to overclock your antminer. Check it out here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FU4Z_n0B4

Activity: 3
Hello,
here is my score 204 avg, with power supply corsair XH 520 (two lines of 12 V, 480 W total).

http://images65.fotosik.pl/586/e3d35d7eddee8514med.jpg

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/pelny/e3d35d7eddee8514.html
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Great. Thanks
Activity: 362
Do these two machines look acceptable with these hw errors ?

Ant 1

Ant 2

yeah, the % for error is not that big
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Do these two machines look acceptable with these hw errors ?

Ant 1

Ant 2

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
So far after 4 hrs @ 400, I only have 4 HW showing. Seem to have a lot of Discarded, around 1/7th of Accepted, normal? Pool is showing 20 min/ 3hr averages right around 200 GH/s, so it must be ok.

damn lucky bastards @ 400mhz ... grats =)
Pages:
Jump to: