Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 25. (Read 144941 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
I just got a pair of s-1's today.  is this thread for s-1's and s-2's or are there 2 threads.
The S2 doesn't exist - there's an S1 single and an S1 double blade. Both apply here.

I tried to get my new S1 to 393.75 & 387.50 but both values I tries failed - just beeping.

What are the correct/working values for the clocks between 375 & 400 settings?
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
I just got a pair of s-1's today.  is this thread for s-1's and s-2's or are there 2 threads.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
There is a special formula for that not just the raw HW number.
^this. IIRC its     error % = HW / (HW+diffR+DiffA) x 100%

most of my units run between 0.15-1.05% error rates. I would say that up to 2% is fine, but more then that means you should tune it down slightly and it will be beneficial.

(ie: 2% of 204GH at 400MHz is 4.08GH lost to errors. if that can be reduced to 0.5% errors by tuning down to 393 (~200GH) or 387.5 (197GH) then you will have almost the same hashrate but a little less fan noise and electricity draw to achieve it
Thanks for the info:

I have 2 clocked at 393 and the other 1 at 387.  My HWI% is ranging from 1.32%, 1.65%, and 1.51%.  The power supply should be fine, I have a HX750.  So i'm going to add more fans to it, and see if I can get that lower.

On the same note, has anyone found a way to increase the speed of the fan without cutting the blue wire? 

Thanks again.
You use a small flat tipped screw driver and push the pin out for the blue wire on the connector tab.
Or you can pull the connector out at an angle so just the top pins touch and it'll do the same...

As far as hardware errors are concerned, adding more fans helps a lot more than turning the stock fan to full power... imo the problem is the far end of the board doesn't get enough cool air. I find standing 2 120cm fans on each side facing on to the chips makes a big difference and slows the stock fan down to a 'liveable' noise level  Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

most of my units run between 0.15-1.05% error rates. I would say that up to 2% is fine, but more then that means you should tune it down slightly and it will be beneficial.

(ie: 2% of 204GH at 400MHz is 4.08GH lost to errors. if that can be reduced to 0.5% errors by tuning down to 393 (~200GH) or 387.5 (197GH) then you will have almost the same hashrate but a little less fan noise and electricity draw to achieve it

Thanks for the info:

I have 2 clocked at 393 and the other 1 at 387.  My HWI% is ranging from 1.32%, 1.65%, and 1.51%.  The power supply should be fine, I have a HX750.  So i'm going to add more fans to it, and see if I can get that lower.

On the same note, has anyone found a way to increase the speed of the fan without cutting the blue wire? 

Thanks again.

You use a small flat tipped screw driver and push the pin out for the blue wire on the connector tab.
Activity: 818
Merit: 508

Thanks for the info:

Thanks again.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
On a different note:

Now that the new firmware for the S1 is out with CGminer 3.12 should we be able to proxy several S1's?  I tried it to no avail, though I am not a CGminer expert.

E
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Not necessarily. A HW error is just a returned share that for whatever reason doesn't check out when returned from the mining device to the mining software. Let's say you're scanning a 32 bit nonce range and there are 5 valid diff 1 shares in it. You could have a situation where one of those shares was found but got malformed when it was returned, and the mining software would reject it. You'd then have 1 HW error and 4 Diff1 shares. You could however also have a situation where all 5 diff1 shares are returned correctly, but it also returned an extra share or two that are not actually valid shares. In that case, you'd find all 5 of the valid nonces and just have one extra HW error. You didn't actually lose any hashrate to it.
Activity: 252
A couple of people have sent me pm's asking how to load balance pools on an Antminer so I though I would put it here

Change the /etc/init.d/cgminer file from

PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb --api-allow $_aa --api-listen"
to
        PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb $_mo --api-allow $_aa --api-listen"

change the /etc/config/cgminer from

option more_options '--quiet'
to
        option more_options '--quiet --load-balance'       

The shares will then be evenly split across the pools that you have in your pool list. This works and I have been using this for a while.

You should also be able to adjust the quota or weighting of the pools by putting a quota in front of each pool in the pool list. I have not bothered to change the weighting as I have had no need but just enter the number followed by a ;  on the miner config page, for example

pool1          60;http://poola:port
pool2          40;http://poolb:port

and you will get a 60/40 split.

Activity: 252

Nearly, it is HW / (HW + DiffA + DiffR + DiffS) = %

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I went throughout the entire thread, is their a consensus on an acceptable HWI% for the different speeds

I'm curious.  I have clocked 2 of them up to 393M.

Thanks.
I'm not sure on the consensus, but 1% or less is acceptable... more than that and you probably need more cooling or more power
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
I went throughout the entire thread, is their a consensus on an acceptable HWI% for the different speeds

Thanks.

Thanks.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Hey, just thought id remind all you guys that are getting your ants tomorrow to check out my setup and over clocking videos which will get you setup and over clocked inside 15 minutes.

Setup Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akw9GAeIH5k

Over clocking Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FU4Z_n0B4

Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
No.

As long as it is still hashing and accepting shares on your pool then there is nothing to worry about.

If you do not like seeing the xxx just restart and it should clear.
Activity: 567
Merit: 270

Good Evening.

I seem to have one x of my Ant ASIC status.

Should I be concerned? Currently mining at 375. PSU Seasonic 650w Gold.

Thanks for any feedback.

Smiley

I have xes in ASIC Status at 400mhz, at 43-44°C with
elapsed 3d 3h 52m 14s
 92,223 accepted, 245 rejected

Should I be concerned?
Question about the timeout number.  I have notice a range from 36 to 38.  What is the purpose of the timeout number?  What is its effect on the miner.  Just curious.

With the right power supply and proper cooling, they are pretty stable 375.  I have 2 running at 387.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
I'm selling my antminer on ebay:

http://r.ebay.com/6f6Y3a

Already overclocked to 192 GH/s for you.  I will accept BTC for cheaper.  Send me PM
LOL... How much cheaper? Bitmain is supposed to start shipping again tomorrow and while it will likely take a few days to get through the backlog, they're only charging ~$1050 at the current price of BTC for an S1.
Pages:
Jump to: