Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 31. (Read 144941 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
So far after 4 hrs @ 400, I only have 4 HW showing. Seem to have a lot of Discarded, around 1/7th of Accepted, normal? Pool is showing 20 min/ 3hr averages right around 200 GH/s, so it must be ok.
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
Got my first S1 today, immediately overclocked it after it checked out OK. So is there any consensus on whether setting it to 400 is "too much"? The OP said he prefers 375, but it seems a lot of folks are choosing 400. Mine seems stable at 400 so far, anything to watch out for?

I had to many errors at 400.  Knocked it down to 375.  Errors went down significantly.
Got my first S1 today, immediately overclocked it after it checked out OK. So is there any consensus on whether setting it to 400 is "too much"? The OP said he prefers 375, but it seems a lot of folks are choosing 400. Mine seems stable at 400 so far, anything to watch out for?
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
Ants Rock
klondike_bar, A big Thank You!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
'vi /etc/config/asic-freq'

pressing 'I' enters editing mode
pressing 'ESC' exits editing
':wq!' writes the file and exits back to the command line
reboot
Activity: 333
Ants Rock
Hello Fellow Miners, Yesterday I received my new AntMiner S1 v.1.4 (2013/12/1) hooked it up to a new Corsair 1050watt PSU and powered it up, pointed my browser to the IP listed on the miner, set the settings and boom I'm mining!

However, when I SSH into it, to OC to 375MHz, I get "alias: -1 not found". I log into the miner via SSH with my username and password yet I not able to bring up "cd /etc/config" to edit or make changes to 'asic-freq'. This is the new Ver. 1.4, any help will be appreciated. Thanks, jesse11
Activity: 336
Just wondering how I can change the ATX mobo plug into 2 12V wires?  

bad idea - 400W on a single pci-e plug may cause fires and melting on some cheap PSUs

snip the 4-pin head off the ATX mobo plug and you will have 2 more pairs of 12V wire to use

Personally, I would not damage the modular plugs that came with your power supply.  You may want to reuse your power supply when the ASICS are just paperweights in a few months.
  Go to your local computer store or electronics shop and get an extender cable that can fit into your CPU plug.  Butcher that extender cable to extract the 12 v wires.

Cheers!

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Just wondering how I can change the ATX mobo plug into 2 12V wires? 

bad idea - 400W on a single pci-e plug may cause fires and melting on some cheap PSUs

snip the 4-pin head off the ATX mobo plug and you will have 2 more pairs of 12V wire to use
Activity: 200
Does anyone know how to get the getwork protocol working in the antminer S1?
Want to solomine some altcoins but when i try it with RPC connection directly @ my wallet it only gives rejected blocks and when it has to accept 1 it goes standby Tongue. With my knc miners i didn't had any problems at all.

I know this is an getwork issue... anyone a idea about this?

Thanks!
Definitely going to be looking into playing with the server PSU idea. Something to do over the Chinese New Year  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
MrTeal please invent a "universal" server PSU interface doohickey, and take my money  Smiley
If there was a universal server PSU connector, I would. Smiley

I like the idea of a ~500W PSUs since then I can use short wires and make one PSU per unit, and I can buy the proper mating connectors for the one I linked at Digikey for $5.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/51741-10002406CCLF/609-3637-ND/1490627
Toss in less than $1 in wire, and you're good to go.
Activity: 182
in my tests, 0780 & 4f81 yielded the same result - so I think they are both very close, if not 400mhz

I can confirm that my overnight test seems to be a success... averaging 197GH @ .59% HW ... which is higher than the 375mhz setting, but lower than 400mhz
I dont know what the exact equation is for figuring out hashrate based on clock but the numbers match up with 512*mhz = mh/s
Based on that equation, 5e82 seems to clock in right around 384mhz

Also, if someone wants to experiment w/ the xx83 ranges ... I imagine the values will start in the 6x83...

Don't if this could help  http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
MrTeal please invent a "universal" server PSU interface doohickey, and take my money  Smiley

There's a lot of good info here on converting server PSUs:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1005309

I posted some pics and info earlier in this thread (post #182) about the one I did, It's been stable and rock solid.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Thx for advice all. Think I found a good Seasonic 550W Gold with two PCI-E cables, will try ordering one of those. It's going to run around $90 though, any good cheaper options for an overclocked S1?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sun-Sunfire-X4100-Power-Supply-300-1757-02-Astec-DS550-3-/171131540371?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item27d83c1393
It will require a little work though.
Thx for advice all. Think I found a good Seasonic 550W Gold with two PCI-E cables, will try ordering one of those. It's going to run around $90 though, any good cheaper options for an overclocked S1?
Activity: 336
Anyone think it is ok to run the whole antminer off one PCI-E cable? I ordered a power supply I thought was coming with two PCI-E cables, but it just has 1 with two PCI-E connectors on it. Don't want to melt the cable...

Anyone suggest a decent cheap 80 plus Bronze or better PSU with two PCI-E cables?

1 PCI-E cable is just fine. I have 4 miners running for over a month each on a single pci-e rail. Alternatively you can power each blade with its own PSU. It draws even less W that way and you can go pretty cheap.

Bad advice if the wires are anything less than 8 gauge.  At default clock you are pulling about 30 amps minimum over the PCI-e cable.  If he has a cheap-ass cable and connectors, could be disaster.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Anyone think it is ok to run the whole antminer off one PCI-E cable? I ordered a power supply I thought was coming with two PCI-E cables, but it just has 1 with two PCI-E connectors on it. Don't want to melt the cable...

Anyone suggest a decent cheap 80 plus Bronze or better PSU with two PCI-E cables?

1 PCI-E cable is just fine. I have 4 miners running for over a month each on a single pci-e rail. Alternatively you can power each blade with its own PSU. It draws even less W that way and you can go pretty cheap.

Activity: 168

Pages:
Jump to: