Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W - page 34. (Read 18877 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I AM very confident with the $1900 one :

1. More than 3 months after monero change algo (just a little different than cryptonight), X3 might update its firmware just like Baikal's miner.
2. For Monero only, with total 4 batch of X3s and if each has 10000 units for total 40000 units means hashrate will rose by 8.8 ghs. With current around 1 ghs and X3s 8.8 ghs for total around 10 ghs, it still mining $20 a day or $600 a month (220khs of cryptonight in Nicehash $200 per day now). Usually Bitmain's Batch only 5-6k or, it will more profitable.
3. Even if it can not mine Monero, there are many coin that can be mine AND there are auto switch pool or rent service like Nicehash so its still profitable.
4. Competitor doesnt have anything big to compete, so network hashrate wont be that big. I would love to add Halong but their miner not be seen anywhere.
5. I always touch break even point at whatever Bitmain throw, even D3 that hated by everybody. All calculated by coin not USD

The point of mining is INVESTMENT for a long time. If you mine with S9 right now and sells the coin right away at 8-9k, then you miss the point and of course you will have big loss. Hold the coins and set sell order at your favorite exchanges with 5 times of its price right now OR atleast wait for next halving.

Im not siding with Bitmain BUT they almost counter every competitors with better hardware. I bet when new SHA256 miner with 2x efficiency, Bitmain will release 4-5 times better OR cheaper.

Good luck and I wish you the best on your positive outlook,but...........Bitmain is offloading the X3 miners they filed a certificate of conformity on 01/23/2018 which means they have been mining the X3 for months and when Monero announces POW change to V7 they all of the sudden want to sell ? Not only this ,but there are 4 manufacturers total announcing Cryptonight miners for sale now. This is worse than D3 scenario people can use rose colored sunglasses but reality is this situation is not looking good for any one who purchased any cryptonight ASIC. 

For FYI's sake, that cert of conformity, if you look/read it closely, is for their "Antrouter's", not their asics.
Devil is in the detail.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I just leave it here Smiley

https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html

I wish the BTC had a balls to make such a move like they did! But I do fear that BTC core team and huge industrial miners make love under the hood Tongue Welcome to BTC-CARTEL

When asics hit btc, chinese already dominated mining and votes, so nothing core could do to prevent it cause they are the largest coinholders. Bitcoin has not been decentralized for a long time and the bitcoin price manipulation is huge, they crash the market when they want and buy bitcoin when they want.

You forgot to add how they buy btc or bch

They do it by selling marked up asics such as the x3
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

I wish the BTC had a balls to make such a move like they did! But I do fear that BTC core team and huge industrial miners make love under the hood Tongue Welcome to BTC-CARTEL

When asics hit btc, chinese already dominated mining and votes, so nothing core could do to prevent it cause they are the largest coinholders. Bitcoin has not been decentralized for a long time and the bitcoin price manipulation is huge, they crash the market when they want and buy bitcoin when they want.
Activity: 78
I AM very confident with the $1900 one :

1. More than 3 months after monero change algo (just a little different than cryptonight), X3 might update its firmware just like Baikal's miner.
2. For Monero only, with total 4 batch of X3s and if each has 10000 units for total 40000 units means hashrate will rose by 8.8 ghs. With current around 1 ghs and X3s 8.8 ghs for total around 10 ghs, it still mining $20 a day or $600 a month (220khs of cryptonight in Nicehash $200 per day now). Usually Bitmain's Batch only 5-6k or, it will more profitable.
3. Even if it can not mine Monero, there are many coin that can be mine AND there are auto switch pool or rent service like Nicehash so its still profitable.
4. Competitor doesnt have anything big to compete, so network hashrate wont be that big. I would love to add Halong but their miner not be seen anywhere.
5. I always touch break even point at whatever Bitmain throw, even D3 that hated by everybody. All calculated by coin not USD

The point of mining is INVESTMENT for a long time. If you mine with S9 right now and sells the coin right away at 8-9k, then you miss the point and of course you will have big loss. Hold the coins and set sell order at your favorite exchanges with 5 times of its price right now OR atleast wait for next halving.

Im not siding with Bitmain BUT they almost counter every competitors with better hardware. I bet when new SHA256 miner with 2-3x efficiency of S9, Bitmain will release 4-5 times better OR cheaper.

The problem with the above logic is 1) bitmain has already mined these and is dumping 2) bitmain will put out asic's in massive numbers ...right now they have a D3 X11 miner

at 550 usd...but if you gave me a FREE D3 x11 miner NOW at 12c kwh (summer rates starting) I'd lose $$$ ...that miner as an example will never ROI and has been out for what

less than 5 months?

Being bitmain they are very likely to do the same with the x3 stuff....they have mainly done D3 (x11) and S3 (siacoin) and this new x3 miner in my view...to keep their

factory folk employed in the downtime development of a new scrypt-pow and or sha-256 miners they will mine like hell for 4-5 months and then release to us in the fall 2018

got to keep the factory plant open doing something and the designers and etc....but the real money is in what they are developing in the background for their own use

to dump on us 4 months in the future say ..when they start to puke out as well

rinse/wash/repeat ...their 4 billion dollars in profit last year had to come from somewhere

(bitmain: real evil is the only way to go....go big or go home!) (tm: bimain)

Well seeing x1 and x2 from halong and shipped early, almost all X3 fvcked up mate (if they really shipped).

For D3 roi Im not in 12c and actually I have my own power source. But again please keep in my quote above, if Im in your place I still mining with D3 and pay power from my salary then keep the BTC since I know BTC got almost 20k last year and more than 21k in some local exchanger. I never calculate break even with usd since I trust in BTC, it will grow and rise higher especially at halving.

Right now a 19.3 ghs D3 can make 0.00051125 a day and its looks very stable so it can make 0.138++ until Dec 2018. Hoping it double last year high so 40k * 0.1380375 = $5500+. If I dont have Faith in BTC, then Im not here anymore mate. Anyway my last batch D3s have Break even last month 😁

Activity: 51
Merit: 5

That is absolutely beautiful. Standing ovation for Monero.
Activity: 45

Activity: 5
monero should change algo every six months.
Activity: 2
when they ship batch 4 ,it will take 900 kh/s to make 1 monero
Seems like everyone is missing the point entirely. This macro situation in Crypto Mining is, that it's on it's death bed. People clamoring for "competition to Bitmain " are getting their wish. One needs to look closely at what happened in the X11 network, and extrapolate that out to all Algos. D3 was and is the Harbinger of where mining profits are going. There are NO barriers to mining to speak of and MASSIVE corporations are setting up MASSIVE operations all over the world. Hence, prices are going DOWN on Crypto and difficulties are going UP. This is only the beginning of the end. No, BTC is not going up again until full implementation of lightning network. Right now there is very little "use case" for BTC. Maybe enough to support $1200 BTC but NOT $7000. Enjoy it while you can, because I promise you. There is a MAJOR SHAKEOUT coming in ALL THINGS mining. This thing got waaaay ahead of itself and there are far too many stunned morons running massive mining operations. I've never made a single wrong prediction in this space and I'm not about to start now. Within 6 months to 1 year, it will be Game, Set, Match. ( unless lightning network comes online and allows this thing to scale). Blame whoever you want but truth be told, if Bitmain didn't flood the networks, someone else would have.

That is why I say competition is stupid. There are only so many coins being released every 10 mins. More asic manufacturers means more competition and that means higher difficulty and less profits for miners and far biggest risks. See wat happen with X11, dash miners by bitmain, innosilicon and pinidea? They 3 of them flooded the market an miners lose. The antminer S9 ruled btc algo for a long time and early users of it make money. Miners make more money when bitmain has a monopoly over the coin. The worst risk is when a new miner from an asic manufacturer makes other miner obsolete.

I dont agree with the rest of the things u say though.
I don't blame you Sandal. It's not a pretty picture. But if you read through what you wrote, you're actually supporting everything I said with more anecdotal evidence. It took longer to swamp the SHA256 algo, but it IS being swamped. Even that monster can only take so much. Especially with a 70% drop in coin price.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Seems like everyone is missing the point entirely. This macro situation in Crypto Mining is, that it's on it's death bed. People clamoring for "competition to Bitmain " are getting their wish. One needs to look closely at what happened in the X11 network, and extrapolate that out to all Algos. D3 was and is the Harbinger of where mining profits are going. There are NO barriers to mining to speak of and MASSIVE corporations are setting up MASSIVE operations all over the world. Hence, prices are going DOWN on Crypto and difficulties are going UP. This is only the beginning of the end. No, BTC is not going up again until full implementation of lightning network. Right now there is very little "use case" for BTC. Maybe enough to support $1200 BTC but NOT $7000. Enjoy it while you can, because I promise you. There is a MAJOR SHAKEOUT coming in ALL THINGS mining. This thing got waaaay ahead of itself and there are far too many stunned morons running massive mining operations. I've never made a single wrong prediction in this space and I'm not about to start now. Within 6 months to 1 year, it will be Game, Set, Match. ( unless lightning network comes online and allows this thing to scale). Blame whoever you want but truth be told, if Bitmain didn't flood the networks, someone else would have.

That is why I say competition is stupid. There are only so many coins being released every 10 mins. More asic manufacturers means more competition and that means higher difficulty and less profits for miners and far biggest risks. See wat happen with X11, dash miners by bitmain, innosilicon and pinidea? They 3 of them flooded the market and, miners lose. The antminer S9 ruled btc algo for a long time and early users of it make money. Miners make more money when bitmain has a monopoly over the coin. The worst risk is when a new miner from an asic manufacturer makes other miner obsolete.

I dont agree with the rest of the things u say though.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
1. Bitmain has been running the X3, probably 3-4 months ago, just take a look at the hash-rate spike.
2. Bitmain have been selling XMR them for bitcoin and then selling of the bitcoins to fill theirs and roger pockets, fund their operation and Bcash project.
3. Bitmain is selling of their Bcash as idiots buy in.
4. Bitmain bcash serves no purpose except to buy more of their company used or refurbished antminers
5. Bitmain is harvesting and transferring the wealth of other alt coins for their own cockamamie scheme
6. Bitmain did the same thing to Litecoin,Dash,Dodge etc and now it's Monero.
7. Bitmain is the whole reason why the prices are what it is today.
8. Bitmain steals the work,vision of others and claim it's theirs.
9. Bitmain fans here are probably those who already spend $11,999 on a X3,  Cheesy
10. Bitmain operates in China, one of the first few country that claim a ban on crypto but yet they are still operating.  Roll Eyes
11. Bitmain like most China companies have poor business ethics, low quality controlled products, poor after sales service.
12. Bitmain is now a billion dollar industry which have some sort of scheme with the Chinese governments.
13. Bitmain A3 & D3 devices are a good example why you should not buy their products
14. Bitmain only weakness is demand, the supply will stop when the demand stops.

Dispite this they have offered refunds on the x3. Could you imagine innosilicon and ibelink offering refunds for anything they sold at crazy prices last year. I think a lot of people were surprised bitmain did this.

Agreed. I doubt innosilicon would considering what i have read about them in the dash thread. I wish bitmain would stop selling D3s though, sigh.
Activity: 107

This is...intriguing. If BTC goes back up in the next day or two I may be down to give one of these a shot.

And you dont see theres a big chance this is a scam site?HuhHuh? rofl
In the Bitcoin Speculation section, Philipma1957 is waiting for his demo Dragonmint 16T model, and there are several indications that Halong Mining is a legitimate site. Most people there, including me, have essentially concluded that Halong should be considered legit. MyRig (a legitimate and reputable hosting and miner repair site) partnered with Halong and if you take a look at their Twitter site you'll find they have several images of Dragonmint Miners there. https://twitter.com/myrig_com?lang=en

We will see.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
is this really profitable? how much could i get in month?

550W of heat every hour.
Activity: 1
is this really profitable? how much could i get in month?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!

This is...intriguing. If BTC goes back up in the next day or two I may be down to give one of these a shot.

In the Bitcoin Speculation section, Philipma1957 is waiting for his demo Dragonmint 16T model, and there are several indications that Halong Mining is a legitimate site. Most people there, including me, have essentially concluded that Halong should be considered legit. MyRig (a legitimate and reputable hosting and miner repair site) partnered with Halong and if you take a look at their Twitter site you'll find they have several images of Dragonmint Miners there. https://twitter.com/myrig_com?lang=en
Activity: 107

copper member
Activity: 230
Merit: 2
1. Bitmain has been running the X3, probably 3-4 months ago, just take a look at the hash-rate spike.
2. Bitmain have been selling XMR them for bitcoin and then selling of the bitcoins to fill theirs and roger pockets, fund their operation and Bcash project.
4. Bitmain bcash serves no purpose except to buy more of their company used or refurbished antminers
5. Bitmain is harvesting and transferring the wealth of other alt coins for their own cockamamie scheme
9. Bitmain fans here are probably those who already spend $11,999 on a X3,  Cheesy
10. Bitmain operates in China, one of the first few country that claim a ban on crypto but yet they are still operating.  Roll Eyes
11. Bitmain like most China companies have poor business ethics, low quality controlled products, poor after sales service.
12. Bitmain is now a billion dollar industry which have some sort of scheme with the Chinese governments.
13. Bitmain A3 & D3 devices are a good example why you should not buy their products
14. Bitmain only weakness is demand, the supply will stop when the demand stops.

thats not only bitmain running those ASICs, so does baikal or halong.

Fluffyponny (monero) said that ASICs are NOT for public, as we see, they have been mining monero for months now without anyone would know about that
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
9. Bitmain fans here are probably those who already spend $11,999 on a X3,  Cheesy
10. Bitmain operates in China, one of the first few country that claim a ban on crypto but yet they are still operating.  Roll Eyes

Dispite this they have offered refunds on the x3. Could you imagine innosilicon and ibelink offering refunds for anything they sold at crazy prices last year. I think a lot of people were surprised bitmain did this.
Pages:
Jump to: