Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 16. (Read 77458 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Is the cgminer-gekko version working on a device that is locked to mine at AntPool solo mode(forced)?

cgminer-gekko is for sidehacks compac sticks hooked to the usb.. it does nothing with the internal chip.. that still uses the cgminer that is compiled specific for it. unfortunately we cant update cgminer for that until we get the source code drivers.

I thought we would see a lot more from bitmain.  I figured a firmware update someday would show a lot.  But they seem to have backed off R1's.

I cant decide if they are just not focusing on them, or if they just wanted PR around time 21 inc was doing computer.   They beat 21 in my mind with router with chip vs RPI with chip (i know it has some software... but it's kinda lame from what I've seen).

I just can't figure out what they are doing with R1 currently.  I'm happy with my 1 so if they want to stop and make it a cool low production miner... i'm ok with that.

Yes very happy with my two, excellent value for money as a play thing, and I have a few ideas for some tweeks. There has been a lot of effort put into the design and still plenty of scope for improvements so I hope we see more from Bitmain. I still think all available effort has been and continues to be on the S7 particularly with Avalon out there now, BW.com on the horizon & the way the exchange rate is, makes the R1 low priority.

Rich

They really are fun to play with.  It is a toy to me to be honest.  I think if they don't make more..... maybe one day value goes up a little which I would not mind.   Or they are designing next product a R2 with even more power (that would be interesting to me).   But I feel most likely they are just focusing on bigger miner sales.

I love my R1's with crazy guy's mod as many here know Smiley. It gives you the bitmain GUI for setting up U3's and fixes zombies.  And still allows you to mine on antpool on lotto which I'm doing for fun as I like seeing stats not empty there.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Is the cgminer-gekko version working on a device that is locked to mine at AntPool solo mode(forced)?

cgminer-gekko is for sidehacks compac sticks hooked to the usb.. it does nothing with the internal chip.. that still uses the cgminer that is compiled specific for it. unfortunately we cant update cgminer for that until we get the source code drivers.

I thought we would see a lot more from bitmain.  I figured a firmware update someday would show a lot.  But they seem to have backed off R1's.

I cant decide if they are just not focusing on them, or if they just wanted PR around time 21 inc was doing computer.   They beat 21 in my mind with router with chip vs RPI with chip (i know it has some software... but it's kinda lame from what I've seen).

I just can't figure out what they are doing with R1 currently.  I'm happy with my 1 so if they want to stop and make it a cool low production miner... i'm ok with that.

Yes very happy with my two, excellent value for money as a play thing, and I have a few ideas for some tweeks. There has been a lot of effort put into the design and still plenty of scope for improvements so I hope we see more from Bitmain. I still think all available effort has been and continues to be on the S7 particularly with Avalon out there now, BW.com on the horizon & the way the exchange rate is, makes the R1 low priority.

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

I thought we would see a lot more from bitmain.  I figured a firmware update someday would show a lot.  But they seem to have backed off R1's.

I cant decide if they are just not focusing on them, or if they just wanted PR around time 21 inc was doing computer.   They beat 21 in my mind with router with chip vs RPI with chip (i know it has some software... but it's kinda lame from what I've seen).

I just can't figure out what they are doing with R1 currently.  I'm happy with my 1 so if they want to stop and make it a cool low production miner... i'm ok with that.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

I am not sure of the state of the cgminer-gekko? However there are a couple of simple solutions covered in this thread to pointing the R1 wherever you want Solo or Pool.

Rich
Activity: 318
Merit: 250

Yes I removed the cgminer-monitor as I preferred the idea of checking if the hash had fallen below a set level as I had instances where the hash level reduced but there were still valid shares. Now with an additional null check in Hashcheck that seemed to catch everythin. when I tested it. However as I say there haw been no stops for any reason at the moment to test things....

Rich

Rich

cool, yes i think it was the cgminer-u3 that was causing memory faults and hard reboots.

since i compiled cgminer-gekko and got rid of cgminer-u3 mine hasnt restarted yet.

legendary

Yes I removed the cgminer-monitor as I preferred the idea of checking if the hash had fallen below a set level as I had instances where the hash level reduced but there were still valid shares. Now with an additional null check in Hashcheck that seemed to catch everythin. when I tested it. However as I say there haw been no stops for any reason at the moment to test things....

Rich

Rich

cool, yes i think it was the cgminer-u3 that was causing memory faults and hard reboots.

since i compiled cgminer-gekko and got rid of cgminer-u3 mine hasnt restarted yet.

Just a thought... Would disabling cgminer-u3 on the System Startup page do the same job?

I tried just disabling cgminer-u3  in Startup and have not had a stop for 14 hours now, so may have done the trick?

Did find a small problem in the Hashcheck Script which is that if you loose internet and the hash drops completely then the speed field is blank as opposed to zero and the Hashcheck fails to pick up on this and restart cgminer, so I added an additional check for a null return.

Rich

in this case tho the regular cgminer-monitor should check for last share time?

unless you disabled that?

i guess you would have to put an internet check for both of them?

you could jsut put at the very top a check for internet and if none exit 0 that will cause the rest of the script to be skipped

Rich

Rich
legendary
Just a thought... Would disabling cgminer-u3 on the System Startup page do the same job?

I tried just disabling cgminer-u3  in Startup and have not had a stop for 14 hours now, so may have done the trick?

Did find a small problem in the Hashcheck Script which is that if you loose internet and the hash drops completely then the speed field is blank as opposed to zero and the Hashcheck fails to pick up on this and restart cgminer, so I added an additional check for a null return.

Rich

in this case tho the regular cgminer-monitor should check for last share time?

unless you disabled that?

i guess you would have to put an internet check for both of them?

you could jsut put at the very top a check for internet and if none exit 0 that will cause the rest of the script to be skipped

something like this
Code:
if ! [ "$(ping -c 1 google.com)" ]; then
    exit 0;
fi

hmm, just checked and google blocks ping.. so maybe that wont work.

I tried just disabling cgminer-u3  in Startup and have not had a stop for 14 hours now, so may have done the trick?

Rich

mine stopped restarting when i got rid of cgminer-u3. even tho it sits idle it takes up memory and cpu.

That's good news, just going back to disabling the U3 code.

you may have some success disabling the cgminer-u3.
its fairly simple.. just remove the /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 script and take the u3 lines out of /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor (making backups)

you can also rename the /usr/bin/cgminer-u3 to /usr/bin/cgminer-u3-bak

Is this an either or solution or do you need to do both of the above, and if so is there a preference as to which one?

Rich

i dont think you have to rename the file in /usr/bin but i would just incase, so it for sure doesnt start up.

OK understood, had to go to London for a couple of days, but as it's so portable I have taken the R1 with me and will make the changes this evening.  Smiley

Rich

Rich
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
interesting, wireless router with mining chip!!
What is next, fridge with mining chips?
mine stopped restarting when i got rid of cgminer-u3. even tho it sits idle it takes up memory and cpu.

its fairly simple.. just remove the /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 script and take the u3 lines out of /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor (making backups)

Is this an either or solution or do you need to do both of the above, and if so is there a preference as to which one?

Rich

i dont think you have to rename the file in /usr/bin but i would just incase, so it for sure doesnt start up.

OK understood, had to go to London for a couple of days, but as it's so portable I have taken the R1 with me and will make the changes this evening.  Smiley

Rich
legendary

Rich

Rich
legendary
Well the number of valid Miners on the Antrouter page is still showing 211 even though my new miner has now been on-line for 48 Hours. So either they don't like you having more than one or adding miners is a manual process at their end?

I ran overnight at 200MHz / 11GH/s without any problems, the restart log is getting written to about once an Hour so still need to try and improve that. I think there are more restarts the higher you set the Frequency but need to run for longer periods of time at different frequencies to confirm that? I will try  aarons6 suggestion of disabling the U3 code next.

The more I play with the R1 the more I think it's a neat little device. For $30 you are getting a Wireless Router with integral PSU and a Lotto Mining device with integrated Controller that can be accessed by Ethernet or Wireless. It's easily reprogrammed to make it a fully fledged miner and is even efficient enough that if on a Pool it earns enough to pay for the electricity it is using.

As an intro to mining I do not think you can do better than this and I really do hope they do an R2 with the BM1385 chip.

Rich

Well the number of valid Miners on the Antrouter page is still showing 211 even though my new miner has now been on-line for 48 Hours. So either they don't like you having more than one or adding miners is a manual process at their end?

I ran overnight at 200MHz / 11GH/s without any problems, the restart log is getting written to about once an Hour so still need to try and improve that. I think there are more restarts the higher you set the Frequency but need to run for longer periods of time at different frequencies to confirm that? I will try  aarons6 suggestion of disabling the U3 code next.

The more I play with the R1 the more I think it's a neat little device. For $30 you are getting a Wireless Router with integral PSU and a Lotto Mining device with integrated Controller that can be accessed by Ethernet or Wireless. It's easily reprogrammed to make it a fully fledged miner and is even efficient enough that if on a Pool it earns enough to pay for the electricity it is using.

As an intro to mining I do not think you can do better than this and I really do hope they do an R2 with the BM1385 chip.

Rich

I have been running my second R1, still cased no HW changes, all Day gradually increasing the Frequency and making measurements, here are the results.

I think it has done very well and makes a great combined wireless Router and Lotto Device. I have been keeping a close eye on the temperature and the HW error rate. There were no HW errors until 250MHz and even then they are quite low, however my recommendation would be to regard 200MHz, x2 Standard, as a max for continuous use.

A surprise was that except at the Default 100MHz Frequency the R1 actually makes money over it's running cost and that is with my 9.4 Pence / KWh electricity cost. That is at current difficulty and the current exchange rate which has perked up quite nicely Today.  Smiley

So you are not going to get rich if you put it on a Pool, but at the moment you can have a wireless router, make money and get 7W of heat.  Smiley or probably stick with the Solo Lotto Mode.

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

i was thinking about compiling the newest openwrt.. im not sure tho if the basic package can be flashed right on the r1?

what firmware did you use?

I am running with CrazyGuy's firmware. I have done a couple of small changes, added more frequencies, re enabled the code that shows HW errors and used your Cron Job Script with my mods to work off the 5s GH/s and also logs to a file if there is a restart.

On the restarts I had 3 last night on the new R1, quite a bit less that the first one, however I am begining to wonder if that one without a case is picking up interference from other things I am doing?

Rich

is his firmware actually upgrade to openwrt or just lua changes??

im actually talking about moving from Barrier Breaker 14.07 to Chaos Calmer 15.05

It's just a patch, not actual compiled firmware. From what I've seen, there's no upgrade path, you have to compile a brand new image.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
this is the output including the sed part.. sed takes the pipes and makes it a new line. i can try to do it without sed but i dont think the for line part will work without 3 lines?

Code:
STATUS=S,When=1448523822,Code=9,Msg=3 ASC(s),Description=cgminer 4.9.2
ASC=0,Name=COMPAC,ID=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=0.00,MHS av=10998.14,MHS 5s=10163.85,MHS 1m=10296.59,MHS 5m=10447.74,MHS 15m=10697.75,Accepted=14287,Rejected=7,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=7.00,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1448523820,Total MH=1347699314.0000,Diff1 Work=313847,Difficulty Accepted=310210.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=157.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=19.00000000,No Device=false,Last Valid Work=1448523821,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=0.0500,Device Elapsed=122539
ASC=1,Name=COMPAC,ID=1,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=0.00,MHS av=10985.84,MHS 5s=13295.93,MHS 1m=12017.06,MHS 5m=11367.00,MHS 15m=11222.00,Accepted=14237,Rejected=7,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=6.97,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1448523822,Total MH=1346191968.0000,Diff1 Work=313496,Difficulty Accepted=309033.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=153.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=19.00000000,No Device=false,Last Valid Work=1448523822,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=0.0488,Device Elapsed=122539
ASC=2,Name=COMPAC,ID=2,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=0.00,MHS av=10990.72,MHS 5s=13810.23,MHS 1m=11543.57,MHS 5m=11031.56,MHS 15m=10958.14,Accepted=14608,Rejected=6,Hardware Errors=2,Utility=7.15,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1448523817,Total MH=1346788945.0000,Diff1 Work=313634,Difficulty Accepted=317376.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=126.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=19.00000000,No Device=false,Last Valid Work=1448523822,Device Hardware%=0.0006,Device Rejected%=0.0402,Device Elapsed=122539

The command returns 4 lines though you are NOT interested in the first line. Make sure that the data array (at the end of the code) is not updated if the line starts with STATUS.
PS. The actual culprit of the repeat is in the rendering code though the source of the problem is in the first line of your results.
Pages:
Jump to: