Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 33. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
Bitmain has lost it. The only thing this hot mess is good for, is driving GPU prices back to earth. I wouldn't buy this, but I'll gladly by cards at ground level prices. $174.00 for shipping!!! 4 Months for arrival!!! There is a cost of carry to money. Once you crunch all the incidental numbers, this thing is a Pig. It's all a major distraction while they prep for the July or August release of higher efficiency SHA256 and Scrypt miners." Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!". ( Wizard Of Oz quote ) and let's face it... mining is getting more like the Wizard Of Oz movie every day.

Because only them can do it!!! 11 or 12? who knows, maybe 8nm...

don't forget to remember the responsible :

the theory is they matched the gpus instead of killed them in hopes eth doesnt block the asics lol

I think those machines have been "tested" enough and are ready for release now... they all work well Smiley. a little of airbrush and they are brand as new Smiley, maybe just repasting them for safety.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
Thats why everyone rushed to sell GPU's. E3 only 1/3 current 6x GPU miner
so apparnetly these asics mine same as 6gpu system
thus... its not really ETH gpu killer
not to mention these first batch releseas 3 months later
the theory is they matched the gpus instead of killed them in hopes eth doesnt block the asics lol
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
Predicting announcement of the Z3 Equihash miner ...

already hoping from equihash chain I guess... and dumping everything mined for fiat... how lame Smiley, but how could they do otherwise, no one in the world is capable to deliver a simple sha2 asic... so forget the rest. nothing illustrate the fall of the west better than asic hashing.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
this piece of shit will be dead before shipping like the shitmain x3
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Bitmain has lost it. The only thing this hot mess is good for, is driving GPU prices back to earth. I wouldn't buy this, but I'll gladly by cards at ground level prices. $174.00 for shipping!!! 4 Months for arrival!!! There is a cost of carry to money. Once you crunch all the incidental numbers, this thing is a Pig. It's all a major distraction while they prep for the July or August release of higher efficiency SHA256 and Scrypt miners." Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!". ( Wizard Of Oz quote ) and let's face it... mining is getting more like the Wizard Of Oz movie every day.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
180mh at 800w is too close to a 6GPU RX 470/570 rigs numbers ... this makes me extremely suspicious this "ASIC" is just another attempt at putting multiple regular GPU dies on one mainboard PCB, kinda similar to what Pandaminer did with mxm module gpu's, but on a smaller form factor. I would love to see a teardown of these.

I was thinking the same thing only 180 MH @ 800 watts . may be they can't really make a ASIC for eth or it cost to much and this is the best they can do or failed to do and need to sell off  failed samples to make some thing back . i can see why it only cost 800 bucks if they charged any more there would be complaints out the ASS .

And this makes me feel a hard fork is pointless since this is just GPU's on a motherboard. Whatever change in the algo happens, these"ASIC"s can also quickly adopt to it through software changes. I wouldn't be surprised if we could mine Monero or Zcash on these aswell.
This may not be such a bad deal afterall. I am actually considering buying one just for fun.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Yesterday the ethereum EIP guys started having much more serious technical discussions about a hard fork.  Maybe this scared Bitmain a little and they released this lame miner to take the pressure off and try to avoid a hard fork.  They probably already have a way more powerful version in the works and are mining with this already given the doubling in hashrate over the past two months.  

Also dont forget.....Halong, Baikal and others will be releasing their versions soon.....just like Cryptonight.

Hark Fork is best solution to kill asics, allow decentralization and reduce risk from mostly one company.

More importantly, we need miners to embrace Ethereum and support it....thus building community.  It should not be underestimated how big of a role that miners play in the success and the popularity of Ethereum.  Miners play a big role in public relations and building community and the ultimate success of Ethereum.  Dont scare them away by only allowing the big boys to play with massive Asic mining factories.

I hope so they can hand butmain there assess for once ......I'll still ASIC mine but won't mine till the used miners sell cheap unless it's cheap LTC or BTC new miners,I'll buy them new but not the GPU killers,I'll buy them used an ...I'll keep building GPU rigs as long as i can ....
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
Yesterday the ethereum EIP guys started having much more serious technical discussions about a hard fork.  Maybe this scared Bitmain a little and they released this lame miner to take the pressure off and try to avoid a hard fork.  They probably already have a way more powerful version in the works and are mining with this already given the doubling in hashrate over the past two months.  

Also dont forget.....Halong, Baikal and others will be releasing their versions soon.....just like Cryptonight.

Hark Fork is best solution to kill asics, allow decentralization and reduce risk from mostly one company.

More importantly, we need miners to embrace Ethereum and support it....thus building community.  It should not be underestimated how big of a role that miners play in the success and the popularity of Ethereum.  Miners play a big role in public relations and building community and the ultimate success of Ethereum.  Dont scare them away by only allowing the big boys to play with massive Asic mining factories.

<3
copper member
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
aaaaand its gone Smiley Sold out
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
The cost is based on the current ETH price, if it goes up by Jul, the next batches will be more expensive.
The real cost is 800 + 200 shipping (in US) + 130 ATX power supply, roughly 1100$ at the current prices, close to zero resell value.
The same efficiency as GPUs.
Takes less space. Huge +++
A lot of noise, around 80dbl ?
So it will drive GPU prices down until they reach the equilibrium.

This won't kill GPU mining, but the GPU prices should get back to MSRP, that is a good thing.

Exactly, thats a very good thing actually for the GPU mining market. Insane inflated prices going down. And don't worry this won't kill GPU mining. The hashrate is the same as one GPU rig. It would take really a lot of these heaters to kill ethash. I actually like this ASIC announcment. First time for everything.
Activity: 24

legendary
180mh at 800w is too close to a 6GPU RX 470/570 rigs numbers ... this makes me extremely suspicious this "ASIC" is just another attempt at putting multiple regular GPU dies on one mainboard PCB, kinda similar to what Pandaminer did with mxm module gpu's, but on a smaller form factor. I would love to see a teardown of these.

I was thinking the same thing only 180 MH @ 800 watts . may be they can't really make a ASIC for eth or it cost to much and this is the best they can do or failed to do and need to sell off  failed samples to make some thing back . i can see why it only cost 800 bucks if they charged any more there would be complaints out the ASS .
legendary

Horrible ROI for a miner thats months away from release.

180 mh/s is barely 170$ a month. By the time they release it if prices dont go up that miner will be worthless. But yeah GPU mining is dead thats the cost of 2 rx 580

The thing is everyone is comparing it to the current (highly inflated) price of GPUs. If it wasn't for the run-up in GPU prices because something like this wasn't available last year those RX580's would probably be going for $150 each by now, so this would actually be more like the cost of 5 of them.

Sure you have the mobo and other stuff to add to the price, but then again that GPU based rig is more flexible in that it can mine other alogs, including new ones that may come out. Also, as others have pointed out, the GPU rig can be parted out and resold if need be, whereas the ASIC is just a paperweight.

So long-term I think this is actually great news, as it isn't quite the GPU killer everyone had feared. It beats out GPU rigs on price alone, but as I stated only because GPU prices are so over inflated right now. Once the E3 hits the market GPU prices will come back down to normal and probably become bargains. At that point I expect you can put together a 6x RX580 rig for closer to $1,100 by then, so it will be a even match considering the GPU rig will have other uses and resale value so worth the extra $300.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The sense able posts GPU mining won't die just be slowed down some and then some thing new comes along it's back full @ force for a while. it's just sad it had to BE eth and Yet to come Zec , I guess they lied about it being ASIC resistant or the money did,it all ways happen that way good intentions at first an then the Money an greed, power steps in and ruins a good thing till the next good thing an then it's the same thing all over again .
Activity: 50
The cost is based on the current ETH price, if it goes up by Jul, the next batches will be more expensive.
The real cost is 800 + 200 shipping (in US) + 130 ATX power supply, roughly 1100$ at the current prices, close to zero resell value.
The same efficiency as GPUs.
Takes less space. Huge +++
A lot of noise, around 80dbl ?
So it will drive GPU prices down until they reach the equilibrium.

This won't kill GPU mining, but the GPU prices should get back to MSRP, that is a good thing.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
You made rich and big the CHINESE company now this is the results

The same will happen if they will start grow as a country !

TRUMP was right ! CURRENCY MANIPULATORS !

BITMAIN IS TOXIC FOR MINING DO NOT BUY THEIR DOORSTOPS !
ETH HACK ATTACK IS COMING AS THEY STOLE BITCOINS FROM THEIR POOL , Antpool , don't forget !
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174
Always remember the cause!

The end near. Why Bitmain? No human compassion. Money rules your soul. Probably good news for gamers.  Cry Embarrassed

Heh? 180 Mh/s for an ASIC? Bitmain is kidding? Jihan thinks we all are idiots, doesn't he? It is just a gpu rig with no flexibility and reusability, so what's the catch for gamers? gpus are still used out there, same power efficiency.

Ethash needs ram, any 'thing' that runs this algorithm, needs ram on the die if it is going to be efficient, so, it is a gpu in its essence and consumes the same amount of wafer as a gpu. Producing such a chip (if there is any truly new chip introduced by Bitmain) is a challenge like any other gpu with same bottlenecks and constraints.

Activity: 500
Merit: 105
well also comparing to rigs, do not forget the MB, CPU, RAM, power supply costs
Activity: 714
Merit: 611
This basically proves our point that bitmain has had these things raising the difficulty for month
same as the did destroying the profitablity of cryptonite coins.

I bet the only reason they are selling these thing preorder i they have a new stronger version the f3
that probably will replace thier internal e3 farm in june july and will tripple the diff making these useless

just goes to show people thing wecare looney when we say bitmain and the other chipmakers
have asics for every freaking algo, most of the hash rate of all algo except maybe x16

are asic powered, i would say a good 40 percent, most of thee thingz are keptin house

Yes, not only me think that they have an F3 with more hashrate

hard times for GPU miners have come..... Sad Sad Sad
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
This basically proves our point that bitmain has had these things raising the difficulty for month
same as the did destroying the profitablity of cryptonite coins.

I bet the only reason they are selling these thing preorder i they have a new stronger version the f3
that probably will replace thier internal e3 farm in june july and will tripple the diff making these useless

just goes to show people thing wecare looney when we say bitmain and the other chipmakers
have asics for every freaking algo, most of the hash rate of all algo except maybe x16

are asic powered, i would say a good 40 percent, most of thee thingz are keptin house

Yes, not only me think that they have an F3 with more hashrate
Pages:
Jump to: