Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 34. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
This basically proves our point that bitmain has had these things raising the difficulty for month
same as the did destroying the profitablity of cryptonite coins.

I bet the only reason they are selling these thing preorder i they have a new stronger version the f3
that probably will replace thier internal e3 farm in june july and will tripple the diff making these useless

just goes to show people thing wecare looney when we say bitmain and the other chipmakers
have asics for every freaking algo, most of the hash rate of all algo except maybe x16

are asic powered, i would say a good 40 percent, most of thee thingz are keptin house
Activity: 434
Merit: 107

Sure you have the mobo and other stuff to add to the price, but then again that GPU based rig is more flexible in that it can mine other alogs, including new ones that may come out. Also, as others have pointed out, the GPU rig can be parted out and resold if need be, whereas the ASIC is just a paperweight.

I used to think this way.....until Bitmain started going after the 2 main algos that gpu's mine with.
I wouldnt be surprised if equihash is next...nothing is asic proof.

And no ASIC is fork proof. Hard Forks are the nightmares of Shitmain. Just fork. If they create another ASIC, fork again. They'll give up eventually trust me. Nobody can be that retarded.

True that has been floated with the launch of the X3. While I applaud the effort to fork in reality not many devs support it.
If you read Zooko's comments he would rather spend time developing the coin as opposed to using the dev teams time to continuously fork every 3-6 months.

"ZcashCo engineers have recently been chatting about mining decentralization, including such ideas as changing the Equihash params, switching to a different PoW algorithm, making non-outsourceable PoW, switching to PoS, etc… My current position is that our mission is best served by improving the security, scalability, and usability of the product for end users, and that mining-decentralization is a struggle that is impossible to win in theory, and is long since lost in practice, and it is a distraction to worry too much about it. Instead I think we should design protocols which are censorship-resistant and user-protecting (and usable and scalable) even when there is only one miner in the world."
https://chat.zcashcommunity.com/channel/zcash-dev?msg=nz8oEHyACF3CHQ6HH17
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Just got email from Bitmain:
-----------------------------------
Dear subscriber,

We are proud and happy to announce the all-new Antminer E3, a new Antminer model for mining cryptocurrencies based on the hashing algorithm Ethash.

The Antminer E3 is estimated to deliver a minimum hashrate of 180MH/s while consuming 800W of total power.

The very first batch of the Antminer E3 is available to order now and all orders will be shipped as soon the miners are ready. Although this is estimated to be after 16 July 2018 (and before 31 July 2018), we will ship all orders as soon as the miners are ready.   

To prevent hoarding by some users or resellers and to ensure that more individuals around the globe are able to order this new ASIC miner:

There is an ordering limit of one miner per user.
The miner is unavailable in Mainland China.
The batch cannot be ordered if the delivery address is in Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.
Click below to learn the price or to order now:

Regards,

The Bitmain team

Angry  Undecided

Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Power consumption: 800W
Hashrate: 180MH/s

far from profitable for me

getting 157MH/s with 570W from my 5x 1070 GTX

Far from profitable?  How may 1070's can you buy for $800USD?  

exactly ...
....how much you paid for your 5x 1070 GTX cards? and cpu, and hdd, and mem  and mobo and risers ?

Far from profitable?  Grin Grin Grin

" Power consumption: 800W
    Hashrate: 180MH/s
    These are the conservative estimates. We expect the miners to deliver higher performance and efficiency when they are ready to ship."

- end of GPU game?   Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442

Sure you have the mobo and other stuff to add to the price, but then again that GPU based rig is more flexible in that it can mine other alogs, including new ones that may come out. Also, as others have pointed out, the GPU rig can be parted out and resold if need be, whereas the ASIC is just a paperweight.

I used to think this way.....until Bitmain started going after the 2 main algos that gpu's mine with.
I wouldnt be surprised if equihash is next...nothing is asic proof.

And no ASIC is fork proof. Hard Forks are the nightmares of Shitmain. Just fork. If they create another ASIC, fork again. They'll give up eventually trust me. Nobody can be that retarded.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
We'll see if ETH actually forks like they've been talking about recently, that's the one thing I'm actually looking out for with the release of this miner more than anything else. This is a legitimate GPU killer like everyone else has already mentioned here, interesting that the sources reporting on this a few months back were actually right about the E3 existing.

I used to think this way.....until Bitmain started going after the 2 main algos that gpu's mine with (cryptonight and ethash).
You can already see word of a 51% attack with ETN in the news lately.  
I wouldnt be surprised if equihash is next...nothing is asic proof in theory and Bitmain has the funds to throw at to make it a reality.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
So you pony up the money now, Bitmain will use the money to build these and run it for next three months. And send it you when its earns peanuts...

Wonder why they don't have stock already built and ready to ship?
lol don’t be fooled these things are already ready for launch they will mine with them and double the network
difficulty before they ship them, thus the july delivery date
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
At this price that's the dead of GPU miners. Now cost only 1/3 and have same hashrate.
Lucky I just sold all of my GPU rigs after 3 months used still profitable. lol
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
bitmain releasing a doorstoper again... this reminds of me something

-> ahh yes monero announced anti asic fork, then they offered CN asics
-> now ETH POS is coming -> bitmain drop their next used machines(doorstopper/heaters) to dumb people
A little different than the F3 specs...

I think that they will launch F3 with better hashrate

for 12000 again?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408

I think that they will launch F3 with better hashrate
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
This is bad for GPU owners if ETH does not fork.

These days, mining is so dangerous. Something appears out of nowhere to make old mining equipment obsolete.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
They made their move. It is Vitalik's turn now.

I hope ETH changes its algo and make them DOA. Only that would teach shitmain a lesson. Don't think Eth miners will take these news lightly. Bitmain is making new enemies.  Cool

BTW specwise this device is no better than a gtx1070. The problem is its price. Cheap electricity people fill their rooms with these and your GPU's will just die. (If not dead already)
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
So you pony up the money now, Bitmain will use the money to build these and run it for next three months. And send it you when its earns peanuts...

Oh they do.  But they're mining with them right now.
Activity: 60
Merit: 3
Everyone saw it coming, yet none was prepared for it unless their stuff reached their break even on December.

So it is true after all, 2x the efficiency of GPU mining.

As more and more miners flood the market (these miners have probably been running for a while on Bitmain's pool), the income of GPU mining will continue to go down.

If we don't see more developers other the Monero team committing to ASIC resistance. GPU mining and decentralization will soon be a thing of history.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

Actually, their stock is up and running right now "testing" the units before shipping. Why do you think it is coincidence that they will be shipping out around the same time the profitability on them drops to where the ROI is almost non-existent. They been playing this game for some time and know what they are doing.

The people who order and pay for them 3 months in advance are using today's calculations on profitability. This is the same reason so many people are still buying overpriced GPU rigs, not realizing that the difficulty will keep going up and profits will keep going down.

Bitmain 1, foolish customers 0 once again.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
I'd love to see ETH fork and make this useless
Merit: 251
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
Are we sure they just didn't confuse which day was April Fools day?
Pages:
Jump to: