Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain introduces the Antminer S17 Pro, Antminer S17, and the Antminer T17 - page 19. (Read 11165 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
When you US buyers get yours in please post what the duty is?

I know on the s15's it was just a bit for $300 a unit.
Activity: 67
Merit: 31
Imagine you could use a splitter? Or not a good idea?

https://www.tripplite.com/products/splitters~5-33

that will burn the cords because they are rated 10A

if that worked that cord would need to be something like 20a and depending on the length a lower gauge (thicker) wire to carry that load
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
The two plug feature is nice.

These units spec to about 3000 watts on highest setting.

So with two plugs max would be 1500 watts a plug.

It also looks like standard setting is 2300 watts. So two units use four plugs and shoul be perfect for a 30 amp 220 volt circuit.

It does seem they want 220 volts. With 240 max.

With a warning against over volts.

I would be extremely careful with it.
I have not looked deeper into it, how they've built it,
but I just want to say that there is a risk if you have two different circuits connected from two different phases (three phase system).
---> Phase to phase short circuit.
We are not retail.
I'd set some funds aside just in case.
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
For some reason my import duties/taxes was only $73.52 through DHL. Seems like they only charged the 2.6% unless I'll be getting another bill later.
I have a couple 220v 20amp but a few spare 15A i want to use up i wonder if it'll take a 110/120v plug with sep. breakers for one s17 pro, i dont like the warning lol.

request for whomever gets theirs first when you make some videos could you post the plugs with voltage /watt meters to show how many watts each plug is sucking out Cheesy would be appreciated and helpful!!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
If I can put 2 on a 30 amp 220 circuit, I could use 20 of them and all I would need to do is add extra outlets - as I currently run 2 miners per 30 amp 220v circuit now. I just have 2 plugs off each circuit, i would need to up it to 4 off of each circuit.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
The two plug feature is nice.

These units spec to about 3000 watts on highest setting.

So with two plugs max would be 1500 watts a plug.

It also looks like standard setting is 2300 watts. So two units use four plugs and shoul be perfect for a 30 amp 220 volt circuit.

It does seem they want 220 volts. With 240 max.

With a warning against over volts.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
Coupons should've been issued out recently for the first batch buyers!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
bitmain support released these vids for the s17/pro

dissemble AWP9 psu https://youtu.be/TWngE5712iE

setup https://youtu.be/1kIvVrvyzYw

dissemble control board  https://youtu.be/KZb96iTfcrQ

nice links   yeah 2 plugs  means 2 circuits = smart.

my s15 and t15 do not have that.
Quote from: Bitmain
Please kindly note that power supply is a part of S17 Pro-53TH/s. However, the power cord is not included, please find two with at least 10A from your local market...

6.  Please kindly note that the required input voltage for S17 Pro-53TH/s is 220V.

curious if you can use 2 separate 15A breakers for this, some of my S9is i have a couple psu's connected to overclock them and i use a few breakers.

bitmain support released these vids for the s17/pro

dissemble AWP9 psu https://youtu.be/TWngE5712iE

setup https://youtu.be/1kIvVrvyzYw

dissemble control board  https://youtu.be/KZb96iTfcrQ
Activity: 33
Merit: 11
Mine arrive tomorrow.  Hopefully will have them up and running tomorrow night.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
If it's like the S15, the fan speeds are not relatively stable. They constantly fluctuate from low to high speeds and it does this regardless of efficiency settings. The fluctuation is what makes it annoying. I never paid attention to see if it were the PSU fans or the miner, but the S15 is louder than anything else I've ever had and the S17 is supposed to be 6 db louder.

Can you take a video of this? Preferably with something to measure db noise?

If your fans are actually peaking at or near 100%, there is always the trick of disconnecting the 4th wire from the fans to force them at 100%, no firmware mod or ssh access required... This should kill the fluctuation.

You can carefully take out the wire from the female plastic plug without damaging it, with a small screwdriver to punch a little dent to release it.

Fan wiring is usually just: negative, positive, rpm reporting, rpm controlling (they have fancier words like pwm but meh).

Activity: 265
Merit: 232
even better - I hear buyers who bought in the first round are also getting coupons for the next round, lower price and coupon discount - much better price.

Yes, received email stating coupons will be provided before May 10th with no expiry.

$338 coupon if you purchased 50 TH/s S17 Pro
$358 coupon if you purchased 53 TH/s S17 Pro

Previously posted price drops were also listed.

I'm interested in noise of this miner..
Bitmain tell 82 db... hight.... but i think that in lower mode ( about 1300 watt and 36 TH) the heat of the miner is not too hight and the fan will rotate slowly than turbo mode... is possible that the miner is quite silent? When someone have one please confirm my idea.

If it's like the S15, the fan speeds are not relatively stable. They constantly fluctuate from low to high speeds and it does this regardless of efficiency settings. The fluctuation is what makes it annoying. I never paid attention to see if it were the PSU fans or the miner, but the S15 is louder than anything else I've ever had and the S17 is supposed to be 6 db louder.
Activity: 337
Merit: 283
I'm interested in noise of this miner..
Bitmain tell 82 db... hight.... but i think that in lower mode ( about 1300 watt and 36 TH) the heat of the miner is not too hight and the fan will rotate slowly than turbo mode... is possible that the miner is quite silent? When someone have one please confirm my idea.
We are not retail.
None issued yet if that's the case.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Nice a price drop considering the bump in BTC price.

even better - I hear buyers who bought in the first round are also getting coupons for the next round, lower price and coupon discount - much better price.
We are not retail.
Nice a price drop considering the bump in BTC price.
Pages:
Jump to: