Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain introduces the Antminer S17 Pro, Antminer S17, and the Antminer T17 - page 22. (Read 11165 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
@ minefarmbuy I just purchased one solo direct. Antminer S17 Pro 50th

Philip - let me know what that total comes to with the tariff  and after shipping - I want to just buy 10 of them and be done with it but I feel that without coupons and with tariffs and current price that I will be in the red for over a year and that is not what i want.
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
With the tax and tariff imposed I think I am going to wait to have these shipped to another country to mine in.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
Why only buy one then?

I don't want to take any more risk.
legendary
We do a credit in shop under $100 and refund over that. I think our bulk pricing was under or close $2k for initial orders.

Bitmain has a couple version available again for now at least.

gotcha - totally misunderstood, I thought people were paying 3.6k for them lol

being in the US, I will need to wait till the price drops or they offer/coupons to offset the tariff increase.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
oh you refund the difference?

We do a credit in shop under $100 and refund over that. I think our bulk pricing was under or close $2k for initial orders.

Bitmain has a couple version available again for now at least.
Activity: 351
Merit: 47
I got one last night before they sold out in about 5 minutes. I was debating on paying BTC and waiting for Blokforge to list to use credit, but once I saw them all gone I pulled the trigger and figured I could resale for more if I wanted to. Wished the pricing was closer to what Blokforge listed. Hoping they have a relatively limited supply. Today they've been going out of stock and adding them back for over an hour now. They are probably keeping majority of them since they are already offering plans on Bitdeer starting end of April.

Yea they are $3200 on blokforge after the tax lol
legendary
We're sourcing though, not sales. So you'd get that extra back and not all buyers were in the US anyway.  

oh you refund the difference?
We are not retail.
We're sourcing though, not sales. So you'd get that extra back and not all buyers were in the US anyway. 
legendary
Their pricing looks fine now not sure why they don't have A10 listing active being a Canaan distributor and all. So many models from Bitmain at once we're not sure if we'll list group buys on there. Sales on them are spread pretty far. Though the people that ordered at our 3.6k pricing in the US will have option for their credit or customs support.

3.6k? ouch at the 2k price the ROI is damn near a year, if difficulty never rises at 3.6k almost two years and that is with 5 cent electricity.
We are not retail.
Their pricing looks fine now not sure why they don't have A10 listing active being a Canaan distributor and all. So many models from Bitmain at once we're not sure if we'll list group buys on there. Sales on them are spread pretty far. Though the people that ordered at our 3.6k pricing in the US will have option for their credit or customs support.
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
How is Blokforge able to sell these at such a low price? (20% off Bitmain's retail price)

Their price was TBD. They just launched now at over $3k, which is close to the price from Bitmain with tariff.
Activity: 112
Merit: 17
To cover the import tax and shipping to purchaser I have to push the price pass $3K. I'm betting on the BTC price trend staying bullish to create appeal.

Why only buy one then?

I got one last night before they sold out in about 5 minutes. I was debating on paying BTC and waiting for Blokforge to list to use credit, but once I saw them all gone I pulled the trigger and figured I could resale for more if I wanted to. Wished the pricing was closer to what Blokforge listed. Hoping they have a relatively limited supply. Today they've been going out of stock and adding them back for over an hour now. They are probably keeping majority of them since they are already offering plans on Bitdeer starting end of April.

How is Blokforge able to sell these at such a low price? (20% off Bitmain's retail price)
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
Activity: 55
Merit: 15
Take a look at the BCH Hashrate.

I think Bitmain uses the undelivered S17's to mine BCH at this moment.
To cover the import tax and shipping to purchaser I have to push the price pass $3K. I'm betting on the BTC price trend staying bullish to create appeal.
legendary
Sold out in 14 minutes. I grab one to resale it. Price is high but with the current bullish-bearing market they may ROI sooner that expected.

how much do you mark up for resale?

I am thinking the ROI will be longer - but that will more then likely depend on how many were sold - as soon as they all hit the network, if there are a lot of them - I am thinking difficulty will climb and thus reduce the profitability but then again if the profits drop too much, we may have farms using S9's that shut down and thus lower difficulty back down.

I will wait till they offer some coupons and lower the price, at current price plus tariff, too high in my opinion.

edit: as a note, I see them up for sale again for April 20 - 30 shipping date.

second edit: now the S17 normal 56 TH/s is sold out for second batch.
Sold out in 14 minutes. I grab one to resale it. Price is high but with the current bullish-bearing market they may ROI sooner that expected.
Activity: 351
Merit: 47
I have 4 on order.  That being said, I would not recommend this buy.  I buy through a contact in china, long story short I essentially traded old gear and got these for half price due to money received for the old gear.  If I had to pay close to $3000 or more for each one of these, no way in hell I would take that risk.  As said above the m20s was under $2100 shipped.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I did not get in on this round.  Not enough ROI right now, it will steadily grow, as will the quality of the miner in the next round.  I will be in on the third round; probably about July.

What will be interesting is the Difficulty over the next few months...Very, very interesting.

Well if you are running 2 s9's  at 14th each  you have    28th at 2600 watts.

one of these is about 50th and 2200 watts  yeah It varies.

Cost is a joke all are over 2600  shipped to usa.

For now  my thoughts are  they don't have a lot of them  and we can see if that is true by watching hashrate rise or not.

we are flat right now:

Latest Block:   570900  (3 minutes ago)
Current Pace:   100.0328%  (373 / 372.88 expected, 0.12 ahead)...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I did not get in on this round.  Not enough ROI right now, it will steadily grow, as will the quality of the miner in the next round.  I will be in on the third round; probably about July.

What will be interesting is the Difficulty over the next few months...Very, very interesting.
Pages:
Jump to: