Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Introduces the S19 and S19 Pro - page 4. (Read 4702 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
October 18, 2020, 07:50:04 PM
my micro bit has been meh.
my avalon has been meh
my innosilcion has been meh

my bitmain s17 t17 s17 pro s17+ really good.
my t17+
my t17e. so so.

we are on to next gen.
all of which worry me.

the s19 pro is a 3300 watt unit.
the microbit are 3300 watt units.

not a fan of that much power draw.

I can add a lot more gear. I have the power. I dont have confidence in the sellers.

This new gen gear locks you into specific power supplies. I dont like that.
Activity: 129
Merit: 51
October 18, 2020, 06:49:42 PM
You are not paranoid. Bitmain's hardware is garbage. The S-17 series has literally destroyed miners and their businesses. They did nothing to support this garbage hardware. Now the S-19 has a solid Heat Sync on the chip side but still radiator style on back. Half fixed the engineering disaster of the S-17's. Bitmain needs to be taken down. They are greedy ruthless pigs. Stick with Micro BT. They are amazing on all fronts. Quality, efficiency and these beasts run like S-9's. Amazing units.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
October 18, 2020, 05:03:49 PM
Sorry I haven't bought any of these 19 series and most likely won't be buying any for years to come, but what I know from people who I trust and who have these 19 series as well as the 17 series miners and all of them with no exceptions vouched for the 19 series over the 17 series, since these gears are still new nobody has enough data points to compare it against S9 or M21s for an example, it's easy to compare them to the 17 series because most people weren't as lucky as phill, gears were breaking after a very short period of mining, these S19s aren't doing that (YET), when something is extremely terrible it's very easy to compare it against anything else.

My concern is that the first a few batches of the S19/T19 are good and then the newer batches will not be as good, but I am known to be "paranoid" and Bitmain became my nightmare after having lost thousands of dollars on their mining gears, so my view could be biased.
legendary
October 18, 2020, 11:45:31 AM
my one s19pro is due  Jan 1- Jan 31 2021

I can talk about my 17 series gear.

s17pros 15 all good pushing over a year on all of them
s17s       3  2 good and  1 dead psu on the other which   I literally replaced it 20 minutes ago
t17s       3 all good

so above I am 21 all working 1 year or more with 1 replaced psu.

now I have 2 psi's on order for a freaking month and have zero spare psu's for the gear above.

t17e 2 they suck
t17+ 2 they suck   I finally was able to get every board to work using aftermarket firm ware and down clocking

1 s17+ good.

now above are 26 pieces of gear. that are all more then 1 year old they all work.  So for me the 17 series was good.  the rthen the troubled two t 17e and two t17+

I am afraid that vitamin won't deliver my power supplies for the 17's as I think the psu's will start to die now.

Would I buy used s17 pro's over new s19pro's  yes I would as long as the seller is good.
In fact I tried to buy 10 s17 pros right on this website

you can see me talks with sell here.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274863.0

I would have purchased them all but he did not like my terms.

So personally in my small sample of s17 pros and zero sample of s19 pros.

I would prefer the s17 pros at 835 usd each over the s19 pros at 2400 usd + tax
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
October 17, 2020, 11:55:21 PM
Have you bought one to tell us your opinion? I'm waiting for mine to arrive soon!
legendary
October 17, 2020, 05:21:07 PM
None of us have owned s19 long enough to know.

What Phil said makes sense, but if we compare them to the 17 series then they are indeed more reliable, I remember people were reporting dead hash boards a few weeks after they received those S17 and T17s, so if you only want to know if the 19 series is better than the 17 then the short answer is YES, however, words like "more reliable and better" are subjective, the 17 series were so bad that you can compare them to any other gears and safely assume the former will lose.
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
October 17, 2020, 01:36:59 PM
Antminers T19, S19 and S19 Pro seem to be "back in stock" as Bitmain is currently selling ONLY them as "FUTURES ORDERS" (̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶B̶T̶C̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶o̶n̶s̶)̶.

Not sure when they came back in stock (but I would assume it is Friday night as I usually check Bitmain website every morning) or if you can order one (as Serbia is currently DELETED from supported list I cannot order).

I've written multiple tickets to bring back Serbia to supported list but nothing has changed since March and I never got an answer why they deleted it.

You probably need to have someone buy it for you from a nearby country and send it to you.
Pm me I could probably help
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
October 17, 2020, 12:47:58 PM
None of us have owned s19 long enough to know.
Activity: 61
Merit: 29
October 17, 2020, 02:10:54 AM
I'm thinking of buying an S19 95 or a MicroBT M30S 90.

what are your experiences with the S19 models? Are you more reliable than the S17 series?
legendary
October 11, 2020, 09:18:54 AM
As far as I know, if they don't specifically mention it then you will get no refund if the price of the miner drops.

They are the only the once I know, but if you google a bit you might find others that operate from China to Serbia, as for Aramex, they charge you per weight regardless of what is inside the package, you can use their shipping calculator and simply copy the dimensions and weight of the miner you want to buy from Bitmain.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
October 11, 2020, 06:55:50 AM
[...]

They haven't said it specifically and I just assumed that based on their previous naming schemes. I have corrected my post.

What % cut do those forwarders take? And do you know of any reputable ones other than Aramex?
legendary
October 10, 2020, 05:07:00 PM
My partner ordered the s19pro today.

I may order 1 t19 pro.
legendary
October 10, 2020, 05:03:17 PM
I think it happened today (Saturday), do you mind quoting the part where it says they will pay you the price difference if the miner price drops? are you sure this applies to all future orders including these once?

As for the shipping restrictions, you can use some package forwarders, like Aramex, they give you a virtual address in China/Hong Kong and you can ship the miner to that address and then ask them to forward it to your country.

Anyway, I would advise against buying these gears, it says 1-31 Jan 2021, that's 3 months of uncertainty and almost no guarantee that you will get it on time given how Bitmain delivery has been recently, but of course, that is just me.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
October 10, 2020, 06:53:29 AM
Antminers T19, S19 and S19 Pro seem to be "back in stock" as Bitmain is currently selling ONLY them as "FUTURES ORDERS" (̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶B̶T̶C̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶o̶n̶s̶)̶.

Not sure when they came back in stock (but I would assume it is Friday night as I usually check Bitmain website every morning) or if you can order one (as Serbia is currently DELETED from supported list I cannot order).

I've written multiple tickets to bring back Serbia to supported list but nothing has changed since March and I never got an answer why they deleted it.
Activity: 18
Merit: 2
September 21, 2020, 10:40:49 AM
How do you know that SSH is enabled on the S19 pro?

Got a physical machine in front of me. Port 22 is open and accepting ssh connections. Unfortunately I can not successfully authenticate, since I neither have the credentials nor the correct ssh key to do so.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
August 28, 2020, 01:37:37 PM
I can confirm that it is enabled. No idea about the S19 but the S19-Pro I have definitely responds to a SSH connection asking for a login and password.
legendary
August 28, 2020, 01:25:38 PM
I am talking about the Antminer S19 Pro - can you confirm that root:admin should work for ssh?

How do you know that SSH is enabled on the S19 pro? What I heard is that S19 comes with no SSH, not even ssh daemon, which makes sense because it's unlikely that Bitmain will enable SSH again after all these years of disabling it by default while adding more security to prevent replacing the firmware as well as altering the miner's frequency and voltage.

If you are 100% sure that SSH is enabled, I could contact a few people to try and get you the password, please do let me know how did you reach to this conclusion:

The ssh of the S19 Pro is activated by default...
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
August 27, 2020, 07:09:57 PM
Changing the password still doesn't let you ssh in. I think they might have SSH enabled but configured so only a certain account can login, not root or admin.

Also for those interested, there is no Low Power mining mode on these like the S17-Pro

Just Standard and Sleep mode.

That may change with FW updates but currently its stuck at one speed.

On the flip side the interface is prettier if not better than the old one.
Activity: 18
Merit: 2
@thierry

Thanks for the fast reply. I did not change the password.
I am talking about the Antminer S19 Pro - can you confirm that root:admin should work for ssh?
I am well aware that this was the default pass for previous models, but for this model this doesn't work.
Was trying to bruteforce the pw with nmap and the famous rockyou.txt pw list - no success
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
Please try yo change your "general" password !

on all bitmain device original password is :

User : root
Pass : root
Pass ssh : admin

if you change the password to "TESTING" ssh password change , so :

User : root
pass : TESTING
pss ssh : TESTING

leave me your comment Wink
Pages:
Jump to: