Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain is releasing a 815GH/s Blake(2b) miner called the AntMiner A3 - page 6. (Read 3728 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
If anyone's interested on all the recent debate around the antminer a3 / sia dev's softforking it here's my 2c and some research

https://youtu.be/ADK6SUGfb6w

nice video ...
I wish there will be no debate ... do synergy or consensus better
Dang, missed it. Would only buy from the first batch now days since the whole D3 incident. So hopefully they release more new types of miners sooonnnn

wait for equihash?

follow their twitter account not to be late for the info updates
Before anyone else jumps on this, remember that there's already another Siacoin ASIC being shipped from https://obelisk.tech/  They're already doing batch 2 so the hashrate might already skyrocket before these Bitmain ones even ship out.

A3 is being shipped out, received a shipping notification through FedEx Delivery manager for delivery on Monday  Grin  Obelisk batches are scheduled to be shipped in June and August.

How long does it take for you to receive it?

I hope I received it earlier  Grin

Usually 2 days but because of the weekend delivery is in 3 days.

Lucky for you .. you will be one of the first to mine and to load all of the coins Smiley
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
If anyone's interested on all the recent debate around the antminer a3 / sia dev's softforking it here's my 2c and some research

https://youtu.be/ADK6SUGfb6w
this one below worried me ...
is there anything happen with bitmain which we don't know?

----
Thank you for contacting us. We are off site from 15th-25th Jan., working to improve our company and find ways to serve you better. Replies will be delayed more than usual. Please be patient - we will get back to you in a few days.

Our working hours are 9am-6pm Beijing time (GMT+8) from Monday to Friday.
We are working hard to respond quickly to every query.
----

Nothing to be concern about.. whenever i deal with bitmain, im never worried..

This specific one that I never see on their email

" working to improve our company and find ways to serve you better "

Heee
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Before anyone else jumps on this, remember that there's already another Siacoin ASIC being shipped from https://obelisk.tech/  They're already doing batch 2 so the hashrate might already skyrocket before these Bitmain ones even ship out.

A3 is being shipped out, received a shipping notification through FedEx Delivery manager for delivery on Monday  Grin  Obelisk batches are scheduled to be shipped in June and August.

Smiley thats great.. im checking my email frequently now because of you! I managed to pick up a small batch of these also..

My Bitmain account still shows unshipped. Shipping notification received is through FedEx (if you have an account, it let's you know of incoming packages).

Bitmain lets you use Fedex?  Whenever I have selected it I get a popup that says "Please Input Import No"  I always assumed that as an error.

I have used FedEx for Bitmain orders since S3 becuase they were and are the cheapest of three. If you enter your EIN or SSN, pop-ups stop  Wink

Where do you enter it at?  In that special instructions box or is there a place in your profile?  I don't think I saw a field for it.

On order page next to your address where you select carrier, click edit and it will pop up a new window where you can add EIN or SSN. It can be done now by adding a PSU to cart without completing the order, so you can be ready for future orders.
Thanks for sharing, I'm considering it, but Do I want to give my SSN to bitmain?  Grin

Chances are it's already out their from Equifax breach waiting for buyers  Wink  I have used EIN. 
Officially sold out now ...

The batch was completely sold out yesterday (GMT+8). The shipping schedule is as promised i.e. shipping starts within ten working days from the time the complete payment was received.

the good things now is that bitmain limit the order quantity to reduce those naughty reseller Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Before anyone else jumps on this, remember that there's already another Siacoin ASIC being shipped from https://obelisk.tech/  They're already doing batch 2 so the hashrate might already skyrocket before these Bitmain ones even ship out.

A3 is being shipped out, received a shipping notification through FedEx Delivery manager for delivery on Monday  Grin  Obelisk batches are scheduled to be shipped in June and August.

Smiley thats great.. im checking my email frequently now because of you! I managed to pick up a small batch of these also..

My Bitmain account still shows unshipped. Shipping notification received is through FedEx (if you have an account, it let's you know of incoming packages).

Bitmain lets you use Fedex?  Whenever I have selected it I get a popup that says "Please Input Import No"  I always assumed that as an error.

I have used FedEx for Bitmain orders since S3 becuase they were and are the cheapest of three. If you enter your EIN or SSN, pop-ups stop  Wink

Where do you enter it at?  In that special instructions box or is there a place in your profile?  I don't think I saw a field for it.

On order page next to your address where you select carrier, click edit and it will pop up a new window where you can add EIN or SSN. It can be done now by adding a PSU to cart without completing the order, so you can be ready for future orders.
Thanks for sharing, I'm considering it, but Do I want to give my SSN to bitmain?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 2663
Escrow Service
What for an Exchange do you use for Exchange your Sia Coins in a other crypto like BTC oder ETH, etc...?
And will you mine directly into our Exchange Sia adress or in a Sia Wallet on you PC?

Best Regards
Willi

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Dang, missed it. Would only buy from the first batch now days since the whole D3 incident. So hopefully they release more new types of miners sooonnnn

what is the EIN or SSN? can you explain this short

EIN is the employer identification number (if you have a registered business or LLC) and SSN is social security number. I am guessing this is a way for customs to track how many rigs one is getting and assessing fees, and that is very low for US customers usually just have to pay brokerage fee.
Before anyone else jumps on this, remember that there's already another Siacoin ASIC being shipped from https://obelisk.tech/  They're already doing batch 2 so the hashrate might already skyrocket before these Bitmain ones even ship out.

A3 is being shipped out, received a shipping notification through FedEx Delivery manager for delivery on Monday  Grin  Obelisk batches are scheduled to be shipped in June and August.

How long does it take for you to receive it?

I hope I received it earlier  Grin

Usually 2 days but because of the weekend delivery is in 3 days.
Activity: 434
Merit: 52

----
Thank you for contacting us. We are off site from 15th-25th Jan., working to improve our company and find ways to serve you better. Replies will be delayed more than usual. Please be patient - we will get back to you in a few days.

----

Considering the turnaround on the A3s, I'd assume they're all packaging and labeling shipments all week or so.

Also I sent a question and they got back to me within a day. They didn't, you know, answer it or anything, but they tried.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

----

----

Nothing to be concern about.. whenever i deal with bitmain, im never worried..
Activity: 697
Merit: 503

----

----

Maybe the admin guys are off on a junket or something. It's not like they are known for fast response time anyway
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
the difficulty will rise so hard after 1-2 batches that the A3 will not be profitable.. like the D3

1 day after the D3 release everybody posted calculators with earnings of 8000usd per month.. look where are we since weeks

----

----
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
I wanna have at one of those but I cant afford them. GG.
Maybe next year.

It'll probably be earning about the same next year too. Since we won't get ours until a week after big Chinese farms and all...

I'm hedging bets and am dual mining Sia until the difficulty goes up.
Pages:
Jump to: