Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b) - page 14. (Read 12750 times)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
I am selling Antminer A3 , if anyone interest let me know, its brand new unit. Thanks.

What are you asking?
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
I am selling Antminer A3 , if anyone interest let me know, its brand new unit. Thanks.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Can anyone with an A3 tell me if they are seeing a lot of hardware errors? Is it normal? My L3+ has run for 2 weeks with only 1 HW error. The A3 is in the thousands just overnight..

yeah same here, i reduced the frequency to around 525 mhs

What hashrate are you getting with 525 mhs?

My A3 is set to "default" setting. What is the normal frequency for the A3? Also when is warranty voided if you wanted to overclock? Anyone know?

waranty is voided, speed at 525 is around 780 ghs but shows 700 at the pool

the defaul its 600 it shows on the main mining dashboard next to the temps.  What are your chip and PCB temps ?

Ah yes I see frequency on main page now.

PCB Temps => 58, 58, 62
Chip Temps => 74, 84, 87

Avg Gh = 834.51 (15 min since I updated settings)

My Sia Output: https://siamining.com/addresses/05fbb51de819d9e60c3e24c239f23ad59cb022de4a1933e62844f6fc99c9e4bedc4ca686322b
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Can anyone with an A3 tell me if they are seeing a lot of hardware errors? Is it normal? My L3+ has run for 2 weeks with only 1 HW error. The A3 is in the thousands just overnight..

My A3 is set to "default" setting. What is the normal frequency for the A3? Also when is warranty voided if you wanted to overclock? Anyone know?

waranty is voided, speed at 525 is around 780 ghs but shows 700 at the pool

the defaul its 600 it shows on the main mining dashboard next to the temps.  What are your chip and PCB temps ?
anyone know of a way to make these things quiter ? I have to run 100% fan to keep the chip temps at low 90s, pcb temps are low like 60
but they are like jet engines so damn loud

Activity: 5
Has anyone else tried f2pool? Anyone got it to work?
It's number 3 for sia hash rate, only gpu's I wonder?

I set up pool 1 on the A3 with
URL - stratum+tcp://stratum-sc.f2pool.com:7778
worker - A3.1
password - x

I created an account at f2pool.com, created a worker A3.1

Applied and Saved the changes in the A3

It's been about 10 minutes and I'm still seeing Socket connect failed: Connection refused
Activity: 89
SIA Antpool just went back online now.
Antpool tweeted that siacoin is now availabe for mining on their pool
does it change anything?

If you go here
https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html

It looks like Antpool had 800 miners doing sia up until a week or so ago (when Bitmain stopped testing/burning in/making cash and started shipping them) and it went from 800 to 5-10 users

They have 1.7% of the hashrate and have found zero (!) blocks

Since they haven't found a single block, I guess that's why I made nothing when I connected, but it still doesn't explain why they showed my hash rate as 0.0
Not even stratum+tcp://sia.eu.nicehash.com:3360 not working, same socket connection error.

I understand for now just Luxor and Siamining are working with proper stratum for A3
Activity: 58
I received mine today and configured it for Nicehash's Sia and got really concerned after a half hour when the Socket failure:Connection error message never went away.

Then I tried the blake2s stratum at NH and got the same error.

I reset the machine and let it sit, after a while it was hashing at Antpool.

I entered my own account.worker name on the A3 config screen (replacing Antminer.1) and created a new worker with the same name at Antpool

Went to my account page at Antpool, saw my worker but never saw the hash rate change even though I was connected and hashing at around 850TH/s

I set up the A3 config for siaminer and with a 851TH/s hash rate I'm getting 12-13 coins per hour. That's about $154 per day.

When I used the NH profitability calculator for Blake 2S it said around $550 per day. Since that algorithm was in their profitability calculator I just assumed I could mine there and make that.

Based on what they specify for the stratum I've tried stratum+tcp://blake2s.hk.nicehash.com:3361 with no results

Any other stratum suggestions for Nicehash?

Any ideas why no hashrate shows up on Antpool?

Got my 3 pieces late yesterday.
Plugged them in, all started hashing into default settings.
As soon as I input my credentials(for Nicehash 1st, as Antpool has disabled SIA poll suddenly), all 3 refused to connect.
Then I tried Nanopool, same issue.
As soon as you reset them to factory, they connect, very slow and after few restarts, but they connect.
Tried MPHub, same issue.
The only pools they connect to and work almost constant are SiaMining and Luxor.
I must say there's not a network issue, as I got 2 D3's just next to them working flawlessly.
Right now they hashing at 820-845 each at around 88-90 chip temps. I set blowers to max, as I don't like those temps...

Any other experiences to share?

why blake2S?? A3 mines only blake2B which is Siacoin...
blake2s is different algo,tho
I received mine today and configured it for Nicehash's Sia and got really concerned after a half hour when the Socket failure:Connection error message never went away.

Then I tried the blake2s stratum at NH and got the same error.

I reset the machine and let it sit, after a while it was hashing at Antpool.

I entered my own account.worker name on the A3 config screen (replacing Antminer.1) and created a new worker with the same name at Antpool

Went to my account page at Antpool, saw my worker but never saw the hash rate change even though I was connected and hashing at around 850TH/s

I set up the A3 config for siaminer and with a 851TH/s hash rate I'm getting 12-13 coins per hour. That's about $154 per day.

When I used the NH profitability calculator for Blake 2S it said around $550 per day. Since that algorithm was in their profitability calculator I just assumed I could mine there and make that.

Based on what they specify for the stratum I've tried stratum+tcp://blake2s.hk.nicehash.com:3361 with no results

Any other stratum suggestions for Nicehash?

Any ideas why no hashrate shows up on Antpool?

Got my 3 pieces late yesterday.
Plugged them in, all started hashing into default settings.
As soon as I input my credentials(for Nicehash 1st, as Antpool has disabled SIA poll suddenly), all 3 refused to connect.
Then I tried Nanopool, same issue.
As soon as you reset them to factory, they connect, very slow and after few restarts, but they connect.
Tried MPHub, same issue.
The only pools they connect to and work almost constant are SiaMining and Luxor.
I must say there's not a network issue, as I got 2 D3's just next to them working flawlessly.
Right now they hashing at 820-845 each at around 88-90 chip temps. I set blowers to max, as I don't like those temps...

Any other experiences to share?
Antpool tweeted that siacoin is now availabe for mining on their pool
does it change anything?
Tbh, you should filter more, as value of any A3, L3+, S9 is bigger than 2000 usd...
Activity: 74

any proof link to 15k A3 sold by Bitmain?

a lot of assumptions here on sold amount, but not a single has a trustable source...

Proof? That's easy. The Bitcoin Cash address they used to receive the payments for the A3's.
Check it out here: https://bch.btc.com/1NrMNvxsDwsQ9DA4styegmTue9tPPsV9bg

The balance is ~19,126 BCH. Which is about 12~15k A3's sold

The question is, how many of them were actually L3+ orders as some people here ordered L3+ instead of A3's.
why L3+ only? bitmain sells S9 currently and in big amounts

I made my count and this address recieved approx 12100 payments bigger than 1000 usd in timespan from 17.1. to 22.1. so that's basically total count of units when limit was only one per customer but no idea how much of them were A3's Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Looks like hashrate is leveling out

https://siamining.com/stats

Most likely since its the weekend and people don't get their packages then.

Wonder how it will look next week.
if bitmain sold (assuming that all 6k units will mine on avg hashrate):
1. 6000 units - hashrate should stop increasing at 5.6-6 P/h with 130$/day profit.
2. 10k - stop at 8.6 P/h w 80$/day profit
3. 15k - 12.7 P/h w 60$
4. 20k - 16.8 P/h w 40$

0.5 P/h added on top are GPU miners (but normally they should stop mining Sia as it became non-profitable this week)

this is based on Sia diff/hash evolution and calc on whatsmine

any proof link to 15k A3 sold by Bitmain?

a lot of assumptions here on sold amount, but not a single has a trustable source...

Proof? That's easy. The Bitcoin Cash address they used to receive the payments for the A3's.
Check it out here: https://bch.btc.com/1NrMNvxsDwsQ9DA4styegmTue9tPPsV9bg

The balance is ~19,126 BCH. Which is about 12~15k A3's sold

The question is, how many of them were actually L3+ orders as some people here ordered L3+ instead of A3's.
why L3+ only? bitmain sells S9 currently and in big amounts
Pages:
Jump to: