Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b) - page 17. (Read 12750 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
This coins difficulty is going up higher than the ETH difficulty even

Those who haven't received their ASIC yet must be really feeling it every 30 mins that the difficulty adjusts higher and higher.

It adjusts 0.40% every block. So it will take a while to adjust up to a fair difficulty.

Fun fact: Out of the 15,000+ A3's that Bitmain sold last week, only ~1,700 are currently mining.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
This coins difficulty is going up higher than the ETH difficulty even

https://siamining.com/stats

compared to

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

Those who haven't received their ASIC yet must be really feeling it every 30 mins that the difficulty adjusts higher and higher.
Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
FWIW here's my take on the soft / hard fork siacoin debate as well as my 24 hour profits on my antminer a3 + featured one of the comments in this thread xD

https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U

Fully agreed with you on that dump reason of decentralisation by knock out A3. and channel back to SC1 is back to square.

How long does it take to credit to your wallet? I noticed that Bittrex hasn't updated their block in over an hour and a half for Sia

6 confirmations
Activity: 442
Merit: 105

How long does it take to credit to your wallet? I noticed that Bittrex hasn't updated their block in over an hour and a half for Sia

Using other exchanges...
For Poloniex still waiting on deposit for 4 hours. Nothing even pending even after confirmed on network.
For HitBTC I see deposit pending about 1 hour after siamining site sent. Still waiting for deposit to complete.

Which block explorer are you using? I can't get Sia block explorer to work.
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/7st4fw/obelisk_51_attack_is_coming/

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

Using other exchanges...
For Poloniex still waiting on deposit for 4 hours. Nothing even pending even after confirmed on network.
For HitBTC I see deposit pending about 1 hour after siamining site sent. Still waiting for deposit to complete.
Also just curious to see if anyone is mining directly to Bittrex? I saw that someone was but I haven't received my first payout yet and I need to figure out if I need to setup the Sia wallet or not.

Yes, I'm mining to Bittrex.

Also just curious to see if anyone is mining directly to Bittrex? I saw that someone was but I haven't received my first payout yet and I need to figure out if I need to setup the Sia wallet or not.

Yes, I'm mining to Bittrex.
I was able to get mine up and running earlier today. Its running pretty good right now. Just wondering though, should I keep the coins I mine and wait for Sia to go up later in the year? It seems like once ASICs kill a network the price for the coin skyrockets. I'm getting my second one in tomorrow.

well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community

Yeah because all A3's in different parts of the world will fail at the same time. lol
You have no idea of what you're talking about.

Sia Devs said they will fork to invalidate the A3's. It's really easy. They just have to install the new client version (that has the fork implemented) in the top mining pools. All the miners that are connected to that mining pool would be mining in the new forked chain and if there were A3's connected to that pool, guess what would happen: just what we saw today. I'm pretty sure they were testing it today.

The same problem happen with f2pool in china, sia has no contact or affiliation with them so no they were not testing IT today

Other pools were not affected. Just because f2pool was affected as well it doesn't mean that it was the entire network
What model PSU's are people using that dont have a AP3++?

110 USA power.

Bitmain APW3++ and 120V here.

how does it work? Lot's of hardware errors? I hear it needs 1500 watts/

Mine is running fine. It doesn't need 1,500 watts. Did you try to reboot?
How many HW errors you're getting?
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community

Yeah because all A3's in different parts of the world will fail at the same time. lol

Sia Devs said they will fork to invalidate the A3's. It's really easy. They just have to install the new client version (that has the fork implemented) in the top mining pools. All the miners that are connected to that mining pool would be mining in the new forked chain and if there were A3's connected to that pool, guess what would happen: just what we saw today. I'm pretty sure they were testing it today.

The same problem happen with f2pool in china, sia has no contact or affiliation with them so no they were not testing IT today
WTF are you stunned?? IT'S NOT A POOL ISSUE!! The whole fucking NETWORK dumped today! Look at the chart. NOT FUCKING POOL RELATED!!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
FWIW here's my take on the soft / hard fork siacoin debate as well as my 24 hour profits on my antminer a3 + featured one of the comments in this thread xD

https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U
Activity: 3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Do you guys even understand how blockchain works I mean you bought miners right lol,

the devs have no more power then you or the miners if they want to apply a new algo hard fork or soft work we all have to adopt it and upload it and get the latest release of their wallet. All that talk on bitcointalk is a bunch of miner that dont even understand what they are mining lol.  bunch of baloney you all think there is some magic button that can be pressed to invalidate A3's well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community
Ahhhh so all knowing "block chain expert". You're saying there was a simultaneous software failure across all working A3's today that also dragged the GPU hashrate down with it?? At least we admit we are not experts instead of saying something stupid like you from your high horse of authority and prove that you know very little.

Activity: 81
What model PSU's are people using that dont have a AP3++?

110 USA power.

Bitmain APW3++ and 120V here.

how does it work? Lot's of hardware errors? I hear it needs 1500 watts/
Activity: 3
Do you guys even understand how blockchain works I mean you bought miners right lol,

the devs have no more power then you or the miners if they want to apply a new algo hard fork or soft work we all have to adopt it and upload it and get the latest release of their wallet. All that talk on bitcointalk is a bunch of miner that dont even understand what they are mining lol.  bunch of baloney you all think there is some magic button that can be pressed to invalidate A3's well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community
Activity: 65
Merit: 2
Hey so I've got mine hooked up and boards 1 & 2 are runnning fine, but board 3 is not hashing anything.. Someone told me to flash the firmware but I don't see the A3 firmware up on Bitmains site. Any ideas? I've tried resetting it twice now. Tip for who can!!!
Shutdown the miner, wait 5 min and power up for test it.
or restore factory defaults --> press reset button for 10 or 15 seconds
Ugh now that same problem just popped up again. Tried this restart method again and not fixed. I Guess I'll let it run then let it cool off for 45 min and try that same process again. :/
Pages:
Jump to: