Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b) - page 18. (Read 12750 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 110
I think it was probably a pool overload or ddos attack as some gpu miners also reported loss in hash rate about at the same time. Probably a good idea to spear the hash between luxor(gulp), f2pool(double gulp) and siamining Sad

I tried Luxor and the same thing was happening.

@VoskCoin

I don't have any sources. But it looked like they were doing something weird
I can confirm that... It looks like they were attempted something and it was coordinated...
The spiked drop in Hash rate on the entire network is dramatic. It wasn't pool specific.

Not all A3s are mining on the same pool though, if there was some coordinated attack that affected A3s, that would affect the whole network
That's what I am saying.  The Drop was across the entire network. "It Wasn't pool specific "
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I think it was probably a pool overload or ddos attack as some gpu miners also reported loss in hash rate about at the same time. Probably a good idea to spear the hash between luxor(gulp), f2pool(double gulp) and siamining Sad

@VoskCoin

I can confirm that... It looks like they were attempted something and it was coordinated...
The spiked drop in Hash rate on the entire network is dramatic. It wasn't pool specific.

Not all A3s are mining on the same pool though, if there was some coordinated attack that affected A3s, that would affect the whole network

It affected various pools. Not only SiaMining Pool.
I tried Luxor and it was affected as well.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
This is nuts, I had the exact same issue for about 8am-9am PST. The miner had run completely fine the entire time I had it running until that little blip. I tried resetting and restarting everything but after around 9:15am it went completely back to normal.

Not sure how to post a screenshot otherwise I would
Apparently it was all of them for what pool operators are saying. This A3 show is getting more and more crazy everyday.
What model PSU's are people using that dont have a AP3++?

110 USA power.

Bitmain APW3++ and 120V here.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

@VoskCoin

It did
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

@VoskCoin

was just curious not trying to discredit trying to figure this crazy situation out zz lol
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

@VoskCoin

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but if anyone has the power to remotely brick a miner it would be Bitmain, not a pool.
Can you elaborate on this please. I am no expert, but on it's face it would seem that the easiest way to do this would be through a software change. As previously stated, the drop in hashrate was across the entire Saia network. Possibly GPU's as well. Maybe mass paranoia is setting in.....

Well the miner is run on their (currently) closed source firmware.  I don't think Bitmain would ever purposely brick a unit, but who knows, there could be a disgruntled employee, or a coder who knows an exploit.  There could also be an exploit someone has found in the code that affects all Bitmain models and they decided to test it out on a new released miner.  In the latter case all that would probably need to happen is for the hacker to gain access to the pool software.  There are a bunch of different scenarios, none very likely.  I'm just saying I don't think there is anything a pool could do to brick a miner without knowing some zero day exploit.

But lets just put it this way.  If a company like Intel can manufacture processors for a decade containing major exploits that go unnoticed, its not impossible for much smaller companies to repeat the same mistake.
Activity: 3
This is nuts, I had the exact same issue for about 8am-9am PST. The miner had run completely fine the entire time I had it running until that little blip. I tried resetting and restarting everything but after around 9:15am it went completely back to normal.

Not sure how to post a screenshot otherwise I would
I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but if anyone has the power to remotely brick a miner it would be Bitmain, not a pool.
Not this way... Bitmain would just turn them off...

110 USA power.

Mine arrives tomorrow, I bought this:  https://www.parallelminer.com/product/x11-breakout-board-adapter/ and this:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/KJYY0-DPS-1200MB-GENUINE-DELL-1400W-POWER-SUPPLY/262729297260?epid=2075848440&hash=item3d2be2ed6c:g:9v0AAOSwDEtaPC3M        

Neither of which will be here until at least Friday, so I bought 2 of these overnighted to arrive tomorrow as a stop gap:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2KAQLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Note that the price for those 2 PSUs on Amazon are inflated (you can get 2 for cheaper on Newegg) but I got them through Amazon so I could return them easily.
Can you elaborate on this please. I am no expert, but on it's face it would seem that the easiest way to do this would be through a software change. As previously stated, the drop in hashrate was across the entire Saia network. Possibly GPU's as well. Maybe mass paranoia is setting in.....
For few days or maybe a week I'm trying to buy the A3 but it says that the miner A3 is sold out, maybe it was very fast the sale.

Based in some calculators it shows me that the profit within first month is around    $10,556.49 ?? Is this true or just a fake advertisement that it has 800+Ghs or 800,000 Mhs?

The miner has been sold out since the first day it went on sale.  IMO one of the best ways to find out when a new miner will be listed is to follow Bitmain's twitter account and set your phone to notify you of all new tweets.  Those numbers though are based on current hashrate and difficulty (and more importantly, the coin's price).    That dollar figure will change daily.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10

110 USA power.
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
For few days or maybe a week I'm trying to buy the A3 but it says that the miner A3 is sold out, maybe it was very fast the sale.

Based in some calculators it shows me that the profit within first month is around $10,556.49 ?? Is this true or just a fake advertisement that it has 800+Ghs or 800,000 Mhs?

I think that the most richest people in the world are the Bitmain employees and their bosses, because they are the first one which experiments with the mining rigs, they get the most of them, they run their miners in the very low harshrate difficulty making them earn more and faster.

@VoskCoin

@VoskCoin

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
It does seem strange that they would openly plot a sabotage of competitors equipment online before they execute the plan

@VoskCoin

Pages:
Jump to: