Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 14. (Read 622173 times)

Activity: 484
Merit: 104
December 22, 2017, 01:48:46 PM
New Bitmark Wallets (v0.9.5 )

• Windows (64 bit / 32 bit)
  • MacOS
  • Linux
  • Raspbian

Updated DNS Seeder Network ( Finds network peers quickly )
Abbreviations for RPC Client / Server commands
Tracks and Displays Total Bitmarks Emitted (Money Supply)

Code:
3f50ef94dbedea29a1be4fc0bbc13cdaf91b1b0a7ba9852310041112e2a82c6c  bitmark-v0.9.5-rc1-qt.dmg
671198e9d419d5863c8ef28eb6685fe754e9706ee347b8385af63e15d1ca2227  bitmark_0.9.5.1.master_armhf.deb
49a10a1240f2953a5519c83f944a0169a07986314e97e2e4e151ff607ae19ea3 bitmark-0.9.5-win32-rc1.setup.exe
76c0abb680ab867d6253c284cfcb0618d9c4e1e0039dd70da859d51006f137c7 bitmark-0.9.5-win64-rc1.setup.exe
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
December 21, 2017, 02:22:04 PM
Hello does anyone know how to increase trading price?

You can buy many more Bitmark's and trading price will rise fast. Good chance to buy cheap Bitmarks and hold for some time. Hope than positive mowements will start here soon.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 19, 2017, 11:43:18 PM
Greetings, friends at Bitmark!

As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug, and as a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible. We are reaching out directly to the developers and communities of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own wallet).

watchonly-GUI bug: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal. You can import and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777B: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

Quote from: jl777B
"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

We want to spread awareness and facilitate discussion of this bug to minimize the impact.

Of course - we can always talk about how you can use BarterDEX today to trade Bitmark via atomic swap directly with your peers, through our beta GUI and without downloading the entire blockchain ; ) That is how we found the bug, afterall.

Stay safe,
Jay
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 07:10:31 PM

1. Mine BTM
2. Talk about BTM, get the public's attention
3. Create more applications for BTM usage
4. Huh
5. Profit
Activity: 4
December 18, 2017, 05:55:02 PM
Activity: 20
December 18, 2017, 02:29:24 PM
Hello guys,

Could anyone invite me to the slack chat? It tells me it reached its maximum requests when i'm trying to join.

Thanks,

wouter
Activity: 140
December 16, 2017, 11:39:53 AM
EXCHANGE STATUS UPDATE

- The following "Exchange Listing Request" has been submitted to COINEXCHANGE.io

Hi,

I'm the Project Manager for Project Bitmark (BTM).

- My name is Victor (a.k.a Medic_007 on our Slack).
- Our Lead Developers are Melvin Carvalho & DBKeys

I understand that y'all have been oin contact with the team and perhaps are willing to negotiate the amount of BTC required for listing...We have BTC ready transfer as soon as we get the okay from y'all.

We would like to collaborate with the COINEXCHANGE.IO Team and continue moving forward with our developments. What are the necessary steps to get Bitmark Listed. Furthermore, we are looking to discuss opportunities where our teams can work together and continue the development of our unique online reputation system "Marking". Marking was largely successful when it was deployed within the Poloniex Trollbox, and our next updates will provide a framework & passport for our Marking system to scale as an online reputation system.

What requirements does the Bitmark Team need to meet, in-order to get the Bitmark Wallet Listed on COINEXCHANGE.io?

Lastly, what would y'all consider to be a reasonable timeline for this?

Cheers,
Project Bitmark Leadership Team:
Victor Alejandro - Project Manager
Melvin Carvalho - Lead Developer
DBKeys - Development Team Lead

Grin Grin Grin Thank you for the update! You have the communities support with you, keep at them!
Activity: 394
December 15, 2017, 10:16:15 PM
buying btm coins message me
Hi I can sell 5000 btm. pm me if you int.
Activity: 247
December 15, 2017, 04:36:00 PM
EXCHANGE STATUS UPDATE

- The following "Exchange Listing Request" has been submitted to COINEXCHANGE.io

Hi,

I'm the Project Manager for Project Bitmark (BTM).

- My name is Victor (a.k.a Medic_007 on our Slack).
- Our Lead Developers are Melvin Carvalho & DBKeys

I understand that y'all have been oin contact with the team and perhaps are willing to negotiate the amount of BTC required for listing...We have BTC ready transfer as soon as we get the okay from y'all.

We would like to collaborate with the COINEXCHANGE.IO Team and continue moving forward with our developments. What are the necessary steps to get Bitmark Listed. Furthermore, we are looking to discuss opportunities where our teams can work together and continue the development of our unique online reputation system "Marking". Marking was largely successful when it was deployed within the Poloniex Trollbox, and our next updates will provide a framework & passport for our Marking system to scale as an online reputation system.

What requirements does the Bitmark Team need to meet, in-order to get the Bitmark Wallet Listed on COINEXCHANGE.io?

Lastly, what would y'all consider to be a reasonable timeline for this?

Cheers,
Project Bitmark Leadership Team:
Victor Alejandro - Project Manager
Melvin Carvalho - Lead Developer
DBKeys - Development Team Lead
Activity: 10
December 15, 2017, 12:03:15 PM
Does anyone know why the increase in price and trading? Huh Have there been any news? I checked their page and Twitter but have found nothing..

Not sure about the price increase, Poloniex is still not allowing BTM trading. I see that the devs are still working in the weeds, maybe because its one of the few remaining mineable scypt coins?
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
December 14, 2017, 05:50:31 PM
Does anyone know why the increase in price and trading? Huh Have there been any news? I checked their page and Twitter but have found nothing..
December 12, 2017, 10:47:39 PM
New question: where's a good place to mine? http://mp3.markmine.io/configuration_guide - their region select doesn't work, so i'm not sure what the address would be. any help is appreciated

The pool's been fixed, but if you run into it again, just replace "Select region above" string with "mp3.markmine.io".

For example, to mine Bitmarks to addresss bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv

URL: stratum+tcp://mp3.markmine.io
Port: 3333
Username: bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv.worker1
Password: x
Commandline example:
Code:
./sgminer -o stratum+tcp://mp3.markmine.io:3333 -u bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv.worker1 -p x -I 13

Note: Use your own address, (unless you want to donate BTM's to me Smiley )
Get one from your GUI wallet or  the 'getnewaddress command', of the RPC JSON client:
Code:
~/.bitmark$ btm getnewaddress
bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv
or,   using the abbreviated form
Code:
~/.bitmark$ btm gna
bGD3YDPvPAaqSXKQ4k4ANMVdF9YyjR43ef

Thank you dbkeys, you are the man. She is chuggen away now
December 12, 2017, 06:46:05 AM
New question: where's a good place to mine? http://mp3.markmine.io/configuration_guide - their region select doesn't work, so i'm not sure what the address would be. any help is appreciated

The pool's been fixed, but if you run into it again, just replace "Select region above" string with "mp3.markmine.io".

For example, to mine Bitmarks to addresss bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv

URL: stratum+tcp://mp3.markmine.io
Port: 3333
Username: bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv.worker1
Password: x
Commandline example:
Code:
./sgminer -o stratum+tcp://mp3.markmine.io:3333 -u bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv.worker1 -p x -I 13

Note: Use your own address, (unless you want to donate BTM's to me Smiley )
Get one from your GUI wallet or  the 'getnewaddress command', of the RPC JSON client:
Code:
~/.bitmark$ btm getnewaddress
bVJUEijXfsKQ1CuTbzwgvp6M34x12oZgZv
or,   using the abbreviated form
Code:
~/.bitmark$ btm gna
bGD3YDPvPAaqSXKQ4k4ANMVdF9YyjR43ef

December 10, 2017, 08:37:09 PM
Hi everyone,where can i get working wallet for windows?

Go to http://www.bitmark.io/  and choose Downloads, (on the top, right side). There are download links for Windows (32 and 64 bit) binaries, as well as MacOS binaries.

If the wallet has trouble connecting to the P2P network, try 'addnode' commands from the Console
Code:
addnode us.bitmark.io add
addnode eu.bitmark.io add
addnode jp.bitmark.io add

Nodes added connection there. From time to time flashes but does not sync.

I just added: addnode 104.236.59.201 add
Now wallet syncing.  I got it from the website suggested in previous post: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btm/#!network
...going to add more. 

Hello everyone, I am new to the BTM scene. I've downloaded the newest 0.9.4 wallet and have added about 20 different nodes from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btm/#!network. At this time I have 6 active connections to the bitmark network and my wallet shows "synchronizing with network", but it has not moved at all in the last 24 hours, still the same amount of time behind.

Is this normal and I just need to give it more time or is there something else I can do? I've read before about downloading the blockchain

Update: Got it up to date, must of been my connection or something.

December 09, 2017, 12:00:32 PM
Hi everyone,where can i get working wallet for windows?

Go to http://www.bitmark.io/  and choose Downloads, (on the top, right side). There are download links for Windows (32 and 64 bit) binaries, as well as MacOS binaries.

If the wallet has trouble connecting to the P2P network, try 'addnode' commands from the Console
Code:
addnode us.bitmark.io add
addnode eu.bitmark.io add
addnode jp.bitmark.io add

Nodes added connection there. From time to time flashes but does not sync.

I just added: addnode 104.236.59.201 add
Now wallet syncing.  I got it from the website suggested in previous post: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btm/#!network
...going to add more. 

Hello everyone, I am new to the BTM scene. I've downloaded the newest 0.9.4 wallet and have added about 20 different nodes from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btm/#!network. At this time I have 6 active connections to the bitmark network and my wallet shows "synchronizing with network", but it has not moved at all in the last 24 hours, still the same amount of time behind.

Is this normal and I just need to give it more time or is there something else I can do? I've read before about downloading the blockchain
Activity: 11
December 08, 2017, 07:30:46 PM
Hi Guys does anyone know how I can get my BTM from Novaexchange to Polo? Embarrassed

you can't polo has disabled the wallet

but u can put it in my wallet, if u want  Grin

Dontations are welcome!  Cheesy

BTM:bGuaGEGqCxMyKGLJBEj8P1n2M5WneThNLK

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 07:25:30 AM
Hi Guys does anyone know how I can get my BTM from Novaexchange to Polo? Embarrassed

you can't polo has disabled the wallet
Activity: 1
December 08, 2017, 04:45:45 AM
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 01:20:59 AM
buying btm coins message me
[/quote
 Are you baying or selling...?

i am buying, if you have any for sale message me
December 07, 2017, 11:28:15 PM
As far as I understand no deposits or withdrawals from Poloniex are possible for anyone at the moment.  This is indeed frustrating, and we should keep on bugging Poloniex to fix this.

Poloniex states:
"   BTM is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the BTM team. Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling."

There has not been any wallet/network issues for a long time now.  There was a bout of "selfish mining" by some powerful Scrypt mining syndicate where blocks were getting orphaned constantly. But, this not the case any longer and hasn't been happening for many months already, so there really is no reason for deposits and withdrawals to be disabled.

What about the data shown on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btm/#!overview
It states that the block generation is quite unsteady. Is this data correct? (I didn't check the blockchain)

The proposed fork has Dark Gravity Wave v3 as the difficulty adjusting algorithm. This will make the block generation very steady. It is true that with the present algo, which adjusts difficulty only every 720 blocks, the difficulty factor and network hashrate can become mismatched, resulting in either slow or fast block production.
Pages:
Jump to: