Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 7. (Read 622173 times)

Activity: 484
Merit: 104
March 05, 2018, 10:25:40 AM
We could do a funding to get bitmark added in yobit https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/.

There is no other coin with the symbol BTM and it should be listed pretty quickly according what they say in the site:
To add a new coin to Yobit please you need to fill out the form below.
Payment method: YobiCode
Listing type:
• Free - 0.00 btc - no guarantee
• Premium - 0.1 btc - 4-7 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
• Exclusive - 0.5 btc - 2-3 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
Please register and create Yobicode here.

@dbkeys, what do you think?
Yes, I like it. I've set up addresses to fund a listing on YoBit:

Bitcoin:
3GuWcTZFD6avnosbMXdq7dZgTUxkCPkErN

Bitmark:
bM3YRMswcU5dudNM3nkiRVbz7GELoML28Y

As soon as they add up to 0.1 BTC we can apply for the listing there.  ( I'll convert the BTM to BTC @ 7500 satoshi/BTM)

https://blockchain.info/address/3GuWcTZFD6avnosbMXdq7dZgTUxkCPkErN

I think it's a good idea to standarize on the ticker MARKS, so it's uniform on all exchanges.
copper member
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Try pool yapool.net
March 03, 2018, 04:40:49 PM
We could do a funding to get bitmark added in yobit https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/.

There is no other coin with the symbol BTM and it should be listed pretty quickly according what they say in the site:
To add a new coin to Yobit please you need to fill out the form below.
Payment method: YobiCode
Listing type:
• Free - 0.00 btc - no guarantee
• Premium - 0.1 btc - 4-7 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
• Exclusive - 0.5 btc - 2-3 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
Please register and create Yobicode here.

@dbkeys, what do you think?
March 03, 2018, 03:13:20 PM
Do we have a date for the listing on cryptopia?

From Cryptopia, dated February 26:

"I can confirm that MARKS (Bitmark) will be listed within roughly the next 3 weeks."

We decided to go with the MARKS ticker symbol, as we felt it is much more descriptive of the coin and its purpose, and also because we can standarize on all exchanges with the MARKS ticker.

Would naming it MARKS be a little confusing? Because currently BTM wallet on about to send some coins states that 1000 MARK is 1 BTM.

Question of orders of magnitude, I suppose Smiley    Yes, I see the point of confusion.  We'll have to address that.
Activity: 31
March 03, 2018, 02:53:34 PM

"I can confirm that MARKS (Bitmark) will be listed within roughly the next 3 weeks."

We decided to go with the MARKS ticker symbol, as we felt it is much more descriptive of the coin and its purpose, and also because we can standarize on all exchanges with the MARKS ticker.

Would naming it MARKS be a little confusing? Because currently BTM wallet on about to send some coins states that 1000 MARK is 1 BTM.
March 02, 2018, 01:02:28 PM
Detailed marking description is on project github: https://github.com/project-bitmark/marking/wiki

This is very neat feature of a coin, and it should be mentioned more.
Activity: 66
March 02, 2018, 07:00:13 AM
@xannaxxx, the main purpose of Bitmark is to serve as a blockchain platform for marking.

The coin was launched in July 2014 - When I got involved sometime later, I focused on improving the security and dynamics of the blockchain - we are close to launching the fork which will allow 8 different Proof-of-Work algorithms to secure the chain, as well as adopt Dark Gravity Wave v3 difficulty retargetting and a block-reward modulation algorithm among other things

Others in the group are workng on higher level cutting-edge marking functions.

So all in all, I think that Bitmark is an innovative coin, and I'm glad to be contributing towards achieving its vision.

Define "marking"  Huh

Marking means different things to different people.

One of the things it means is registering *something* in the form of digital data in an on-chain transaction. So, for a simple example, you take a photograph with your mobile device and an application 1) hashes the photograph and records the hash on a transaction. This becomes proof that this photograph existed at the time the transaction was validated on a block in the blockchain 2) The actual photograph is uploaded to some form of cloud storage, where it can be retrieved later.
This serves the function of notarizing or certifying that the photograph existed at that time. If more photographs are taken in sequence and likewise marked on-chain, it can become proof of an event happening, or a meeting taking place, or any number of things.

A contract is signed. The parties video record themselves signing, and along with the text of the contract and scans of the signature pages,  this data is hashed and recorded in an on-chain transaction.

Recording ownership of all sorts of assets can also be done on-chain.

Marking has also been used as a reputation system, where coins are awarded to users in a chat room or troll box by other users. The sum of these accumulated transactions constitutes a user's reputation.

These are just a few examples; others here may be able to expand or provide more detail.
Here we have an object (house). let its digital data be its physical address. can we sign any deals with this house?
March 01, 2018, 04:25:01 PM
@xannaxxx, the main purpose of Bitmark is to serve as a blockchain platform for marking.

The coin was launched in July 2014 - When I got involved sometime later, I focused on improving the security and dynamics of the blockchain - we are close to launching the fork which will allow 8 different Proof-of-Work algorithms to secure the chain, as well as adopt Dark Gravity Wave v3 difficulty retargetting and a block-reward modulation algorithm among other things

So all in all, I think that Bitmark is an innovative coin, and I'm glad to be contributing towards achieving its vision.

Define "marking"  Huh

Marking means different things to different people.

One of the things it means is registering *something* in the form of digital data in an on-chain transaction. So, for a simple example, you take a photograph with your mobile device and an application 1) hashes the photograph and records the hash on a transaction. This becomes proof that this photograph existed at the time the transaction was validated on a block in the blockchain 2) The actual photograph is uploaded to some form of cloud storage, where it can be retrieved later.
This serves the function of notarizing or certifying that the photograph existed at that time. If more photographs are taken in sequence and likewise marked on-chain, it can become proof of an event happening, or a meeting taking place, or any number of things.

A contract is signed. The parties video record themselves signing, and along with the text of the contract and scans of the signature pages,  this data is hashed and recorded in an on-chain transaction.

Recording ownership of all sorts of assets can also be done on-chain.

Marking has also been used as a reputation system, where coins are awarded to users in a chat room or troll box by other users. The sum of these accumulated transactions constitutes a user's reputation.

These are just a few examples; others here may be able to expand or provide more detail.
Activity: 13
March 01, 2018, 02:20:16 AM

Define "marking"  Huh
February 28, 2018, 03:30:30 PM

Others in the group are working on higher level cutting-edge marking functions.

Activity: 280
Merit: 1
February 28, 2018, 02:44:13 PM
February 28, 2018, 02:42:33 PM

February 28, 2018, 05:02:14 AM
Hopefully with Circle acquiring Poloniex, Poloniex will get they stuff in order, and enable all those disabled deposit/withdrowals, among them Bitmark.
Activity: 4
February 25, 2018, 10:59:11 AM
Hi @dbkeys,

When the problem with Poloniex is resolve? No withdrawals and deposit at this time...

Thank you

February 24, 2018, 01:28:45 PM

It should be soon. Beginning of march.
Activity: 1
February 23, 2018, 08:47:45 PM
Activity: 13
February 23, 2018, 06:08:34 PM
It seems that Bitmark has been added to Trade by Trade exchange (https://tradebytrade.com/),  (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitmark/#markets).
It is new exchange, so I hesitate. Has anyone used Trade by Trade exchange?
It has better volume and higher price than Trade Satoshi.

not sure

DO NOT USE TRADE BY TRADE!

*** Price/Volume Excluded - Outlier Detected
Trade By Trade   STRAT/BTC   *** $170,732   *** $4.97   
on coinmarketcap

They use outlier for trade volume!

They cancelled my coin withdrawals 7 times, deposit is not problem, but they will never let you withdrawal your coins!!!
At the end my coins disappeared from their platform!

Well that's not an issue, we can't even use Trade By Trade for Bitmark because the BTM wallet is not even available.

I can't wait to have this coin listed on Cryptopia
Activity: 3
February 23, 2018, 06:52:33 AM
It seems that Bitmark has been added to Trade by Trade exchange (https://tradebytrade.com/),  (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitmark/#markets).

not sure

DO NOT USE TRADE BY TRADE!

*** Price/Volume Excluded - Outlier Detected
Trade By Trade   STRAT/BTC   *** $170,732   *** $4.97   
on coinmarketcap

They use outlier for trade volume!

They cancelled my coin withdrawals 7 times, deposit is not problem, but they will never let you withdrawal your coins!!!
At the end my coins disappeared from their platform!
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
February 19, 2018, 08:58:28 PM
If you need UI developers to make this happen you will be able to reach me at lopezi.com

Good news!
How can I help the development team?

I program in assembler and c++

Thanks... glad to see y'all are coordinating through DBkeys...That said, identifying a base implementation, and creating a simple algo & way to on board marking onto a forum, discord, troll-box would be great. any help on that end would be awesome
February 19, 2018, 08:53:10 PM
Good news!
How can I help the development team?

I program in assembler and c++

Hi clpedev,

Thanks for the offer of help. It's exciting that you program in assembler  ( I'm a particular fan of  assembly to help speed things up.)

I'm asking the team for their thoughts.

Maybe you could you run an execution profiler on the bitmarkd daemon to identify some parts that would benefit from assembly optimization ?

Or the CPU miners code.

What areas would you like to work in ?

PM me.

Thanks !

dbkeys

awesome...quality help is always welcomed 
February 19, 2018, 08:51:21 PM

not sure
Pages:
Jump to: