Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 41. (Read 204067 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
March 29, 2012, 10:34:02 AM
On another note - are any of you responsible for the Android Widget?
Might want to adapt to the changes.

Nope, we aren't. As a matter of fact, I didn't even knew it existed Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
March 29, 2012, 04:15:42 AM
On another note - are any of you responsible for the Android Widget?
Might want to adapt to the changes.

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
March 28, 2012, 05:54:07 PM
two weeks ago someone put in a buy order of 99999999 BTC at 5€ and cleared the whole orderbook.
The current system doesn't solve that at all.

It does. New users cannot have more than 3 open transactions. So it's impossible to clear the whole orderbook now.
Ah okay. My main point was that that's something different from discarding the buy limit orders; that has nothing to do with the issue 2weiX mentioned.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
March 28, 2012, 11:34:58 AM
The site is back up now. Again, thanks for your patience everyone.
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
March 28, 2012, 10:54:30 AM
two weeks ago someone put in a buy order of 99999999 BTC at 5€ and cleared the whole orderbook.

It does. New users cannot have more than 3 open transactions. So it's impossible to clear the whole orderbook now.
March 28, 2012, 10:23:03 AM
Hey,

We have just put the website into maintenance mode. We are just renewing our SSL cert on the webserver and performing backups after the outage. The site should be back up wthin 1-2 hours. I will post again once we are finished.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
March 28, 2012, 09:51:06 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry about this. I just got an email from our hosting provider that they had an emergency power outage which caused their server rack to go down for 45 mins. Apologies for this.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
March 28, 2012, 09:22:18 AM
Whats going on, even an apologize message??

EDIT: just 10 minutes later web is up again.....
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2012, 12:20:38 AM
Why do I get a blank site when accessing bitmarket.eu?

I also get a blank site now. Yesterday it worked yet. Please ask the support of them. I wanted to set limit buy orders yesterday, but they have cancelled this functionality. It's like driving a car with three wheels.

Announcement to stop limit buy orders: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.819883
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
March 27, 2012, 09:40:23 PM
Why do I get a blank site when accessing bitmarket.eu?
legendary
March 27, 2012, 03:56:33 PM
I am a merchant for Gold and Silver (see my signature), so obviously if I cannot liquidate a sale to restock, this badly hurts me.
I am a believer in bitcoin, but I see it as a ways of MOVING money, not as an investment vehicle.

It's clear to have redundance in money payment or exchanges in your case. I'm sure you know about the many issues with trading platforms or money services (PayPal, OkPay, Dwolla, moneybookers). Had enough issues myself.
legendary
March 27, 2012, 02:52:07 PM
I've considered suggesting that you could identify the seller or buyer before completing a trade.
I've been contacted repeatedly if/when I was selling again.
I think having your username displayed in the market would help a LOT, a feedback thread could be established on bitcointalk.

agree

also: support needs to act quicker. if a seller wants to cancel a trade and the buyer cannot submit a photo/scan of his bank account and a receipt of movement of the money within 48h, sales get cancelled.

They have too much work, I'm sure. If traders know of fee penalty, it will not happen too much. And if the bitmarket stuff know about rising fees, they perhaps will react quicker.

I once waited more than a week to get a cancellation during which the price of BTC dropped 30%.

As an absolutely strict anticyclic trader, and believer in bitcoins, that is never a reason to me. Folks complain, if they make losses, but remains silent, if they increase money without own energy. You now can buy 30% cheaper, or have you bought more bitcoins than is good for you?

I am a merchant for Gold and Silver (see my signature), so obviously if I cannot liquidate a sale to restock, this badly hurts me.
I am a believer in bitcoin, but I see it as a ways of MOVING money, not as an investment vehicle.
legendary
March 27, 2012, 10:47:35 AM
maybe support is tired & not motivated any longer?
it may be they react in seconds, read the message, see the problem, look at the donation balance of the site and operating costs. they are loosing time & money and made the decision not to act?
which one would be worse if it makes any difference at all?

it's a free service and as such we should manage the expectations accordingly.

I would get tired very soon, if working for "never mind" folks without fees. My suggestion shall resolve this. And it could stay free for the more ingenuous people.

I'm sure they look at the donation balance, therefore I increased it to 0,5%. I want to have resolved my problems, and bitmarket.eu resolved them for me even at lower rates (thank you).
legendary
March 27, 2012, 10:15:51 AM
I've considered suggesting that you could identify the seller or buyer before completing a trade.
I think having your username displayed in the market would help a LOT, a feedback thread could be established on bitcointalk.

agree

also: support needs to act quicker. if a seller wants to cancel a trade and the buyer cannot submit a photo/scan of his bank account and a receipt of movement of the money within 48h, sales get cancelled.

They have too much work, I'm sure. If traders know of fee penalty, it will not happen too much. And if the bitmarket stuff know about rising fees, they perhaps will react quicker.

I once waited more than a week to get a cancellation during which the price of BTC dropped 30%.

As an absolutely strict anticyclic trader, and believer in bitcoins, that is never a reason to me. Folks complain, if they make losses, but remains silent, if they increase money without own energy. You now can buy 30% cheaper, or have you bought more bitcoins than is good for you?
legendary
March 27, 2012, 09:53:56 AM
So let me make a proposal how to solve it in an easy way, and another way than the very good bitcoin.de platform.

The stuff of bitmarket.eu has the work if someone is not trustworthy. So let us adopt a traffic light system: green at the beginning, yellow on first investigation, red (stop) on second investigation.

And of course they have to earn some money with it, the investigated persons can "buy" a more green signal with a higher fee:

For lowering from red to yellow, increase (enforced) from 0,0% to 0,1%
For lowering from yellow to green, increase (enforced) from 0,1% to 0,2%

If the investigations keeps on, the fees will rise further (to 0,5%, then 1,0%).

The signal light could get greener for a large number of successful trades without problems.

Of course this not the solution for fraud, but for persons, who doesn't care so much (and they are numerous, I think).

If the signal light should be seen to other traders, I'm not sure. Can be discussed.

That seems an easy and natural way to me.

legendary
March 27, 2012, 09:46:42 AM
So let me make a proposal how to solve it in an easy way, and another way than the very good bitcoin.de platform.

The stuff of bitmarket.eu has the work if someone is not trustworthy. So let us adopt a traffic light system: green at the beginning, yellow on first investigation, red (stop) on second investigation.

And of course they have to earn some money with it, the investigated persons can "buy" a more green signal with a higher fee:

For lowering from red to yellow, increase (enforced) from 0,0% to 0,1%
For lowering from yellow to green, increase (enforced) from 0,1% to 0,2%

If the investigations keeps on, the fees will rise further (to 0,5%, then 1,0%).

The signal light could get greener for a large number of successful trades without problems.

Of course this not the solution for fraud, but for persons, who doesn't care so much (and they are numerous, I think).

If the signal light should be seen to other traders, I'm not sure. Can be discussed.

That seems an easy and natural way to me.
legendary
March 27, 2012, 09:06:07 AM
I think that's a stupid reason. The buyer made a limit order, to get BTC for lowest price hopefully. But sometimes that does not work.

That persons who made trouble here want to make quick money, but don't really believe in BTC. The trading platform bitcoin.de has the right answer for them: Blacklist.

Think about an effective but simple solution about it, in this way your platform becomes unusable.

disagree.

i have sold ~3000 BTC via bitmarket.eu since I joined and I've had so mucn trouble with fake and dishonest buyers. But these were all buyers whose buy-orders I matched. I rarely had a problem when my SELL-order was hit.

people posting giant buy-orders and not paying when the price goes down...

black lists are all well and nice, but they don't help right then and there.
i think for a market that doesnt rely on holding BTC and cash and doesnt take fees this solution is the simplest.

This solution is too simple: It takes a main portion of functionality from it.

I also made a lot of trades in bitmarket.eu. And I also had a lot of trouble with other traders there. Because the service did investigate into this, and it is much work, I increased my fee level to 0,5% early in this year.

There are different problems, some of them you mentioned. Trustworthyness is one, the reason for this cutoff.

The other is more general over different trading platforms: How to catch the sometimes happening accidentally misorders like your 99999999 example. Of course those orders should not be executed at once. Ideal would be a summary of consequence if the order is executed.

In bitcoin.de a mismatch between "." and "," as the decimal point can lead to 100 or 1000 times bigger trades. I discovered them in between 10 seconds, and they never were executed, that's good. But a warning before would be better.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
March 27, 2012, 08:55:37 AM
bitcoin.de has a system where the buyer has to login within 24 hours and confirm that he has sent the payment. If he doesn't do that, the trade is automatically cancelled. Then there's a separate step in which the seller confirms receiving the money.

This effectively prevents people who "forgot about the site" from blocking a sale longer than 24 hours.
In my opinion this solution is a lot better.

As for dealing with people who buy but don't pay, bitcoin.de has a rating system, where new users can't buy a lot of bitcoins. I'm not convinced of this solution, but in my experience there are a lot less of these people.

legendary
March 27, 2012, 08:33:08 AM
I think that's a stupid reason. The buyer made a limit order, to get BTC for lowest price hopefully. But sometimes that does not work.

That persons who made trouble here want to make quick money, but don't really believe in BTC. The trading platform bitcoin.de has the right answer for them: Blacklist.

Think about an effective but simple solution about it, in this way your platform becomes unusable.

disagree.

i have sold ~3000 BTC via bitmarket.eu since I joined and I've had so mucn trouble with fake and dishonest buyers. But these were all buyers whose buy-orders I matched. I rarely had a problem when my SELL-order was hit.

people posting giant buy-orders and not paying when the price goes down...

black lists are all well and nice, but they don't help right then and there.
i think for a market that doesnt rely on holding BTC and cash and doesnt take fees this solution is the simplest.

legendary
March 27, 2012, 08:19:48 AM

Pages:
Jump to: