Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 51. (Read 204067 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
June 21, 2011, 12:40:53 AM
Hi Grouver,

We are very flexible in finding ways to verify people. I saw you tried to contact us once, but because our hired staff for handling verifications didn't manage to handle your case. Still, we are verifying people based on other means. For example - you probably work somewhere, right? It's sufficient for us to send us a message from a domain owned by some company. So you can pick "other" verification method and drop us details about this, then send a message from your corporate account to prove that you own it. As ptmhd, sourceforge, github, or basically ANY online activity could be used to verify you. Just be creative Smiley.
Activity: 530
June 20, 2011, 05:36:33 PM
Using external services where you might have a history is an elegant and low effort way of doing this.

I totally agree but if they only could add more of these ways to verify your self?
This would be good and attract more people to register and actually go trading.

do you at least have a sourceforge or github account?

How would a sourceforge or github account prove that iam trust worthy?

No offense, but complaining how difficult stuff is and not providing a viable alternative is not the bitcoin spirit.

I do not agree.
I mention this since I guess iam not the only one that is strugling with buying bitcoins in the EU without making a bank transfer to some bulgarian guy.
And since Bitmarket.eu is the biggest boss here I wonder if maybe other people may agree and even have viable alternatives.
So yeah, I do not have an alternative but I do bring a lack in front to help improve the position of bitmarket.eu
Activity: 530
June 20, 2011, 05:01:31 PM
I find it sad you need to prove your self in ways wich are not possible for some of us.

Like said..

*Don't own an ebay account
*Coinpal is down
*The btc irc trade channel is quite complicated and uses a old system.
*Forum reputation?

You guys are now the only big guys in the EU right now.
I want to stay away from fees that I need to pay to exchange euros into USD.

I hope you guys are gonna start working on more ways people can prove there selfs trust worthy.

Hopefully this reply will get heard.
Activity: 395
Merit: 250
June 20, 2011, 04:08:30 PM
Maybe if you change the donation for you guys in a payment for buyers AND sellers (you use our side - we pay you), everybody is happy? Oh wait, not the admins... dang - won't work either Sad
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
June 20, 2011, 02:48:25 PM
I've added a link on the Market main page (the one without offers) to show all offers. Now I think everyone will be happy Smiley.

There is no such scenario where everyone is happy. Wink
June 20, 2011, 02:44:11 PM
I've added a link on the Market main page (the one without offers) to show all offers. Now I think everyone will be happy Smiley.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
June 20, 2011, 02:32:02 PM
just, out of curiosity: did you just restructure the offers and limited them to show only 10 ask and 10 bid offers? If so, thumbs up! Smiley

Yeah, that's what I've did, and the Market now loads a whole lot faster Smiley.

And what if we want to check a specific currency's market depth beyond the 10 offer scope, as we did before? :/
June 20, 2011, 11:51:10 AM
just, out of curiosity: did you just restructure the offers and limited them to show only 10 ask and 10 bid offers? If so, thumbs up! Smiley

Yeah, that's what I've did, and the Market now loads a whole lot faster Smiley.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
June 20, 2011, 11:13:31 AM
June 19, 2011, 09:18:35 PM
Mahkul, any comments on the suggestion I made in my last post?

Sorry, a little but under pressure today with all the events.

We will put something in place that will show Paypal separately or something similar. I will think about it tomorrow and get back to you (2 AM nearly here).

Cheers

I understand, today was a hard day for everyone involved in bitcoin. I myself have lost most of my sleep because of it, lately (it's 4:20 am here).

Back on our discussion, putting Paypal separately does not solve any problems. It actually generates new, as it fragments the market, since now you can have multiple ask/bid options at once and then that ability will be gone.

What I believe you should do is modally inform Paypal users, who's responsibility is it to pay the fees. Since trading involves buying low and selling high, it only makes sense for buyers to pay fees. Once that is out of the way, you have to research which countrie pairs do NOT support 0% fee Personal transactions as I've said before. I know thus far that there is no such option for Germans when they buy from me (I'm not German myself). I suppose this applies universally for German transactions towards any other country. But I can buy from Germans and send funds as Personal payments with absolutely 0% transfer fees. Same for all others as far as I have seen, either I buy or sell. Considering that the vast majority of your users are Germans, it only makes sense to implement such a feature.

So, after you've researched which countries require fees for transfer, you'll just have to tweak your auto-match algorithm so as to NOT match those that require fees.  Or, for an even better solution, make it an option so that if one wants most chances to have his offer matched, he can opt-in to pay for fees, should it be needed to.

As I see it, this solution is not only a win-win for all parties (you, buyers, sellers), but also the most elegant solution to Paypal transactions from any other implementation from any market that has accepted it so far. And as soon as you have it set up, from there on it's entirely end-to-end; no more whining from user's that the other party doesn't want to pay for fees.
June 19, 2011, 07:50:00 PM

Sorry, a little but under pressure today with all the events.

We will put something in place that will show Paypal separately or something similar. I will think about it tomorrow and get back to you (2 AM nearly here).

Cheers
June 19, 2011, 07:28:42 PM
To ensure everyone's safety, we have reset passwords on all accounts that had same username on MtGox and on BitMarket.eu.

Anyone affected will see a note while logging in prompting him to use password recovery procedure (via his email) to set up a new password.
June 19, 2011, 06:22:04 PM
June 19, 2011, 04:06:26 PM
Not that the loss of ~50 euro isn't annoying but also for the sake of others I attempted to contact the administration of the site about somebody buying coins with a stolen paypal and i had my money taken back due to it. I contacted them but haven't received any response :\

This is the only email that I have: "apparently order ID 03960 was paid for using a stolen paypal account, thought you should know this."

We have had a few situations like that before, and ALWAYS it turned out that it was f* Paypal reverting the funds for no reason (oh yes, they "thought" that it got stolen).

Did you try to contact the buyer at all? He is a respected member of BitMarket and I am sure it is just Paypal acting up as usual.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
June 19, 2011, 03:54:12 PM
d3athrow, I guess the admins will ban that guy asap. They usually reply to such request within a very short time as soon as they are online. I think it's only two of them so we should allow them some free offline time, as well Smiley
I regard to the 50EUR there is nothing that they can do. PayPal is and stays risky. That's why they warn you on their website. Aso have a look here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14635.0
never expected the money back, at most the bitcoins if they were still on the offending account. At the very least i would expect a reply saying that something was done about a stolen paypal account :\
June 19, 2011, 11:44:49 AM
ok, thanks for the confirmation Mahkul!
June 19, 2011, 11:03:26 AM
M4v3R - can you maybe comment on whether somebody with buy PayPal and somebody with sell bank transfer can still be matched?

I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen. Why should it anyway?

I don't think so, either. But that's what some of the buyers claim from time to time. So, before telling them that that's bs, I wanted to recheck with admins Smiley

@Sonba: This is not happening and it never was. The buyers must have had SEPA or Foreign transfer selected as well. It is amazing how some people don't bother to check the settings before saying something. we have tested this very thoroughly at first and this had been always working fine.

Now, with the new features in place where you can set payment methods separately for each offer this should not be an issue anymore.
June 19, 2011, 08:01:29 AM
M4v3R - can you maybe comment on whether somebody with buy PayPal and somebody with sell bank transfer can still be matched?

I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen. Why should it anyway?

I don't think so, either. But that's what some of the buyers claim from time to time. So, before telling them that that's bs, I wanted to recheck with admins Smiley
June 19, 2011, 07:59:58 AM
d3athrow, I guess the admins will ban that guy asap. They usually reply to such request within a very short time as soon as they are online. I think it's only two of them so we should allow them some free offline time, as well Smiley
I regard to the 50EUR there is nothing that they can do. PayPal is and stays risky. That's why they warn you on their website. Aso have a look here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14635.0
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
June 19, 2011, 06:48:51 AM
Not that the loss of ~50 euro isn't annoying but also for the sake of others I attempted to contact the administration of the site about somebody buying coins with a stolen paypal and i had my money taken back due to it. I contacted them but haven't received any response :\
Pages:
Jump to: