Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 49. (Read 204067 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 21, 2011, 05:03:37 PM
You have some rounding issues:

Code:
> You have purchased 1,70 BTC for 15,72 EUR (9,25 EUR per 1 BTC). Message                                                    
> from the seller follows:                                                                                                  
>                                                                                                                            
...                                                                                
>                                                                                                                            
> Or pay 15.73 EUR to my bank account:    

where the 15.73 is from {TOTAL}. Also "." and "," should be used consistently.
Activity: 702
Merit: 503
July 21, 2011, 12:21:20 PM

So, in view of the latest developments, seems like it's time for BitMarket to institute some kind of a 2-factor authentication also.  Cool

I would prefer a 1-time code via sms. Does BitMarket have plans for that?

As always, thank you very much for your great service!  Smiley
Activity: 395
Merit: 250
July 20, 2011, 03:09:48 PM
One question - are you planning on introducing an API for entering orders? I think that this is a fantastic feature and would highly appreciate it Smiley
foo
Activity: 409
July 19, 2011, 11:01:10 AM
WTF:

Please tell me you aren't using floating point numbers in your software...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 14, 2011, 01:42:43 PM
On a completely seperate note (sorry for the offtopic) - is there a specific reason why so many exchanges are programmed by Polish? Intersange has some Polish programmers, as well as Bitomat or bitmarket. Are Bitcoins already known in the Polish market for a longer time (i.e. media coverage started earlier) or is it just by chance?
Noticed the program skills as well with a game from a Polish studio Smiley.

Hi,

Sorry, I meant to get back to you after I got your message, but something happened in the meantime and I forgot to finish that email. Apologies for that!

I have written you back now, please check your email whenever you get a chance.
Thanks, mail has been sent. Edit: nevermind, I give up waiting for a response, 12 days is enough. Good luck trading though.
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
July 13, 2011, 05:04:23 AM
Poles are good programmers I guess Wink. And we like investing in new technologies I guess.
Activity: 395
July 12, 2011, 05:14:30 PM
On a completely seperate note (sorry for the offtopic) - is there a specific reason why so many exchanges are programmed by Polish? Intersange has some Polish programmers, as well as Bitomat or bitmarket. Are Bitcoins already known in the Polish market for a longer time (i.e. media coverage started earlier) or is it just by chance?
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
July 12, 2011, 04:47:05 PM
Is it true that Bitmarket.EU doesn't accept new traders?

I didn't get any response after asking three times to get my account verified and I'm hearing stories of not accepting traders. Has anyone got some info?

Hi,

Sorry, I meant to get back to you after I got your message, but something happened in the meantime and I forgot to finish that email. Apologies for that!

I have written you back now, please check your email whenever you get a chance.
Activity: 56
July 12, 2011, 04:09:39 PM
Is it true that Bitmarket.EU doesn't accept new traders?

I didn't get any response after asking three times to get my account verified and I'm hearing stories of not accepting traders. Has anyone got some info?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 11, 2011, 01:15:53 PM
Does automatic emailing work? I sold coins to two people yesterday, and received no usual "Bitcoins sold on BitMarket.eu!" mail. I hope the buyers got the "Bitcoins bought on BitMarket.eu!" mail with my payment details.

EDIT: Never mind, I found them Wink
Activity: 54
July 07, 2011, 06:05:25 AM
Congrats for Moneybookers!

Thanks!
July 06, 2011, 05:08:21 AM
The confirmed transactions on the funds side doensnt show up correctly - there is no yes, when the transaction was confirmed.

When changing payment types, selecting Dwolla and saving but it won't stick.

We have left a small bug in our language parsing function, fixed this as soon as I woke up Smiley.
Activity: 499
July 05, 2011, 08:41:51 PM
When changing payment types, selecting Dwolla and saving but it won't stick.
Activity: 240
July 05, 2011, 07:17:05 PM
The confirmed transactions on the funds side doensnt show up correctly - there is no yes, when the transaction was confirmed.
July 05, 2011, 06:44:51 PM
It's after midnight from where I write, but I'll try my best to explain the whole situation that took place today.

Today in the afternoon we were working to introduce two seemingly simple features - Dwolla and Moneybookers support. With code for that we accidently put some new code for that resulted in change of our sorting algorithm - it was comparing the price values as strings, not as numbers. This resulted in very odd (and wrong) behavior: for example in market section a sell offer for 9 USD would be HIGHER on the list than an offer for 11 USD. Thanks to few loyal users we have spotted this issue quickly, but we wasn't fast enough, because some transactions already were mismatched. So we decided to take the site down and correct everything.

For the record - not all trades were affected by this bug. First of all, it started happening around 2:00 pm UTC and affected trades that matched following criteria:
- had price of 10 or more
- had other offers with 9 or less price and matching other criteria (payment types, country, etc.)

Now the site is reopened, the bug is fixed and we finished scanning through trades and cancelling the mismatched ones. This was done by hand and we could miss something in the process, so if you have an offer that was mismatched and want to cancel it, please write to us at admin@ bitmarket.eu and we will cancel it asap.

We know this all caused confusion to some of our users and even potential loss, and we are very sorry that this happened. We have learned our lessons - never release code when you have to leave or sleep. We hope and are doing everything so this kind of thing will not happen again.

To make us look better in all this I would like to add that we are working on some very cool stuff that will not only not break anything, but will give you far more power in trading on BitMarket.eu. Stay tuned!
July 05, 2011, 02:10:19 PM
Should be fixed now. Thanks everyone who notified us about this. Lesson learned - don't leave home immediately after making some changes on the site... Sorry to everyone affected, we will revert erronous transactions.

EDIT: It took more than expected, please bear with us a few moments more...
July 05, 2011, 01:37:30 PM
https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26231.0 here they talk about a bug in bitmarket
seemingly after adding dwolla patch the matching of orders is fucke* up Wink
orders to sell at 12.5 clear at 9

Investigating this now, will report as I find the cause.
July 05, 2011, 10:12:12 AM
Two new payment options added

We now support two new payment processors:
- Dwolla
- Moneybookers

Everyone is encouraged to use these instead of Paypal when possible.
July 04, 2011, 05:27:21 PM
I tried to verify my account some weeks ago, but it never got verified, and I did not even receive an e-mail. E-mails to the support e-mail address were not answered either.

It's fine to me if you don't accept the verification methods suggested by me, but please tell me. At this moment I don't even know whether you received my verification attempts.

If you lack the manpower to process all verification attempts in time, then please give me the option for faster verification by paying you. I'm sure you can get more manpower if you have financial resources  Wink.

"Standard" verifications (eBay, OTC) get handled really quick, but the ones like you have sent take time, because they require one of admins to look at. There is a possibility that we can miss one of these, and that was in your case. Nevertheless you are now verified. Enjoy your stay Smiley.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
July 04, 2011, 04:44:27 PM
Bitmarket.EU is still the best exchange, imho! Keep up the great work!  Smiley
I agree! Thanks for building the site, thanks for maintaining it, thanks for keeping the public informed about these incidents. *thumbs up* Smiley
Just one small question by the way: Any news concerning the rating system?
Pages:
Jump to: