Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 47. (Read 204067 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
August 16, 2011, 02:32:26 PM
We are very sorry to announce that as of this moment Paypal is no longer available as a payment method on BitMarket. The reason being, as some of you already know, that over the last couple of weeks there have been a significant increase in the Paypal scams on our exchange.

We realize that this decision will probably make some of you even quit using our service, but we would rather have fewer people around that can feel safe than a lot of people that will constantly be worrying about being scammed.

No matter what we do, Paypal will never be a safe option for selling Bitcoins. The small percentage of the scammers is really using stolen Paypal accounts. But the nicest people in the world and with 100% positive E-Bay feedback proved to be scammers as well and even more often! And there is nothing we can do to stop them, because they use their own Paypal account and tell Paypal the transactions were not authorized by them. What can you do then - how can we prove that they are not right? And of course Paypal doesn't give a damn about sellers, otherwise they would have introduced some OTP mechanism and there would be no stolen passwords then and no excuses for dumb users who cannot guard their passwords properly or simply are thieves. Why don't they do it even though they are one of the biggest money processing companies in the world? I don't know, but that's pathetic and laughable.

Some of our users even started (sic IMHO) suspecting that we ourselves have something to do with these chargebacks; believe me that this is not very encouraging to keep on running this service altogether. So, we are just fed up with Paypal and that's over. Due to all the recent scams we haven't even had time to take a look at any other emails other than those related to Paypal reversals. One thing I can promise everyone is that from now on processing emails will be much faster.

Within two months BitMarket is going to be transformed into an exchange operating in a similar exchange as Mt. Gox, where users are able to transfer their money directly to us and then trade safely. There will also be a much more advanced login procedure in place (2-step authentication). BitMarket will also become an Irish limited company accepting: EUR, GBP, PLN, USD and CHF. There will also be small fees for using it; however, for our most loyal users that have been supporting us constantly trading will remain free of charge.

EDIT: When I get around to it I will post all email addresses that were used to scam people.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
August 16, 2011, 08:25:42 AM
Personally I have been burned too many times from people using gmx.de email addresses for me to ever trust them...
Activity: 395
August 16, 2011, 03:41:23 AM
Pure greed and stupidity on my part really, never trade to anyone who does not respond to your emails to them, and never trade with anyone with a gmx.de email address (common address used by international scammers).

I have traded with people using gmx.de addresses and I have no complaints. But I am using bank transfer, not Paypal...

Same here - no problems with gmx. For teh record: Bitmarekt eu advises "( Re: BitMarket.Eu - We advise users not to use Paypal! )" for some reason. They also post it in the payment options. So, I think they should keep offering it. If somebody wants to take the risk, so be it. And bear in mind, usually you can get some extra 20-50 cents if you accept PayPal. (Not worth the risk in my opinion but I can just speak for myself Smiley)
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
August 15, 2011, 03:21:12 PM
Pure greed and stupidity on my part really, never trade to anyone who does not respond to your emails to them, and never trade with anyone with a gmx.de email address (common address used by international scammers).

I have traded with people using gmx.de addresses and I have no complaints. But I am using bank transfer, not Paypal...
Activity: 1008
August 15, 2011, 02:39:27 PM
I'll never be accepting Paypal again that's for sure.

I got scammed today from someone using a gmx.de email address.

I think they should simply remove Paypal as a payment option from Bitmarket to be honest. So many people just get taken for a ride.

This is the whole reason we even have bitcoin in the first place, because of Paypal's ridiculous policy of "steal from the seller at all costs" and "always side with the buyer".

Even if you can prove that you sent the Bitcoins via the internet, and even though their "seller protection policy" is supposed to cover "digital goods", the moronic drones they have working for them in "Customer service" (pah, some service) won't accept *anything* other than a postal tracking number to prove that you posted the item... Slightly difficuly if you never posted anything.

Maybe if you are going to accept Paypal, accompany every sale you make with a recorded delivery envelope saying "thanks for buying my bitcoins", then at least you have a tracking number to give them....
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 15, 2011, 01:54:58 AM
For everyone's information:

I had a total of 2 transactions today on Bitmarket.eu from from the same person. Once I received payment through Paypal I released the BTCs he bought. A couple of hours later he hit me with Paypal chargebacks.

His info is:

Michael Evans: [email protected]

If anyone else here has been scammed by him, please PM me so we can exchange information/evidence. While it may be futile, I will try to fight the Paypal chargebacks - I don't want him to get away with his fraud.

I strongly urge everyone to be way of the individual described above. To Evans, if I've wrongly branded you as scammer I will publicly apologize and retract what I've said without hesitation. However, as you initiated the chargebacks without cause and without contacting me and have not replied to my emails; I'm not holding my breath that you care about your name and reputation.

I've contacted the site admin as well regarding this matter. I don't blame Bitmarket.eu, I knew the risks involved in using Paypal. However I do hope the admins reply to my request for info/help soon. I've been vocal on this forum about Bitmarket.eu being safe and reliable. Sadly now I'm going to discover how helpful they are in assisting their users who have been defrauded.

Lastly, does anyone have any advice on how to respond to Paypal? I noticed that PowerChaos recommends being upfront about everything (that it was a transaction for BTC, etc.), has this approach worked for people? The problem is I still have a Paypal balance from other transactions involving bitcoin. If I inform Paypal that the Evans chargebacks are from the sale of bitcoin, will they reverse my other transfers as well?
Activity: 9
August 14, 2011, 11:54:18 AM
Thank you for your kind and unexpected gesture in your mail. However, you replied to the wrong email. This one has already been answered weeks ago. The newer one(s) are relevant. You should be able to find my shortest resend sent on 09.08.2011 14:56 (CEST) if you want to save time reading. Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
August 13, 2011, 02:15:12 PM
Keninishna & byte-storm

Apologies for the very long delay, we have been under severe pressure. I have finally responded to your emails.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
August 12, 2011, 09:42:50 PM
yup me too, I'm waiting for a transaction cancel. I keep getting buyers who put in offers then don't buy or respond.
August 12, 2011, 04:38:21 PM
Are your helping hands still on holiday? I'm now waiting for 3 weeks for an email reply.
Activity: 50
August 09, 2011, 04:18:20 PM
it depends how paypal looks at it and how your history is

as you say that you got 3X the same case ( getting hacked ) and you thell them that it goes about a virtual currency ... those things has nothing to do with each other

what has bitcoin to do with hacking ?? it are 2 totaly differend things

so yes , it is normal that you won this case as there is just no proof of hacking on there account

but if you reply and you start talking about stuff that doesnt mather or that doesnt fit the claim then you lose it , as you got away from the subject and shows to paypal that you are "scamming" the other party (they complain about hacking .. not about a non claimed item and you reply that they got the item .. got nothing to do with hacking)

it is just a example , i do not know what you exactly reply and what the exact case was that they opened but depending on case you need to reply or ignore

and if you reply , it depends what you reply and what kind of proof you got to win the case

in your case you are just lucky or the case that was openend was just 1 of the XXX noob cases like they get 1000 from every hour

i started up the escrow service to prevent those fraude from happening , so the seller would always get his money
but i am wondering if it would be intrested in the first place or if users can trust a third party after what all is happening with paypal and bitcoin

anyway
there is a solution , and that is all i can say

Greets From PowerChaos
Activity: 13
August 09, 2011, 03:24:40 PM
hi,
I just want to post a little contribution for the paypal chargeback issue (and sorry for my english..)
I've been stolen 3 times by paypal because the buyer told them that his account was hacked and 3 times paypal told me that virtual values were not assured by them, so I lost my money!
Last week, same thing for 65€, buyer pretend he was hacked etc.... and I decided to NOT reply to paypal (they send me 3-4 mails in the week..never reply), and finally after +/- 7 days they send me this :

"Our study on the transaction below is now complete. we
could not find evidence of unauthorized access to account
the buyer. The file has not been resolved in favor of the latter,
no money has been debited from your account."

So I keep my 65€ Smiley

I hope this will help, maybe it's an exception , maybe not..
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
August 09, 2011, 09:58:11 AM
no need to write it, the point was the non communication by the buyer (via normal procedure, reply to system mail and direct contact) thanks for the advise though. Anyway the problem is solved Smiley
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
August 09, 2011, 08:24:44 AM
it is fun how people like to talk about things even not knowing the facts Smiley
It's also funny how people expect proper answers without providing the necessary details... Tongue

My answer was correct for the detail provided. Had you mentioned Moneybookers before, it would have been different.
August 09, 2011, 08:04:33 AM
it is fun how people like to talk about things even not knowing the facts Smiley, the BTC were sold through Moneybookers, so no waiting time, i've sent a mail 12minutes after the selling (i was online at that moment) and not received any contact from the buyer. Anyway, the transaction was closed by the administrators reason "buyer had problems with moneybookers", so problem solved.
Regarding the price, i prefer to have 3 btc that i can sell instead having them frozen, if you think about it i've lost the opportunity to sell them to another buyer at the same price, but that's not the bigger problem anyway.. cheers
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
August 08, 2011, 09:43:26 PM
Hi Mahkul, i'm writing here because i sent a mail but not received yet any answer (suppose that you've many of them to check...) the fact is that 2 days ago i've sold 3 btc to a user, but i've not heard from him so far, was wondering if i can cancel the transaction to unfreeze my btc...'cause the guy bought them at 8.29GBP and now the price has dropped a lot..let me know
Why would you want to cancel to be able to sell at a lower price?

Anyway, at least with German banks, you'll have to wait a 3-day minimum until any money gets transferred (not counting weekends and holidays). That's just the way it works and I'm sure Germany isn't the only place where you have to wait.
Also, while no communication is annoying, there might be reasons for this like the buyer is really busy right now, your mail(s) landed in their spam folder, ...
I'd advise you to be a bit more patient and wait at least a day or two more before requesting a cancellation.
August 07, 2011, 03:04:14 PM
Hi Mahkul, i'm writing here because i sent a mail but not received yet any answer (suppose that you've many of them to check...) the fact is that 2 days ago i've sold 3 btc to a user, but i've not heard from him so far, was wondering if i can cancel the transaction to unfreeze my btc...'cause the guy bought them at 8.29GBP and now the price has dropped a lot..let me know
Activity: 50
August 07, 2011, 07:39:33 AM
i got maybe a great idea to improve support

i know that you get a lot of emails dayly and that it is hard to reply

but you can use a forum with hidden topics ( so only creator can see post) to follow up tickets

on that way a user know if they got a reply and you got a overvieuw of the tickets that are getting made
same as the forum itself that can be used for more communication

Greets From PowerChaos
Activity: 395
August 07, 2011, 07:37:41 AM
By the way - is anyone else having trouble with the API? Whenever I ask for the current bids and offers, I get the 4 best bids in EUR as:
10,88   @ 9,65
20,00   @ 9,03
143,58 @ 9
1,00 @ 8
(@ is manually added from me). Those are in there for several days already, but not shown on the web interface (as the prices are way too high I don't think they still exist). Would it be possible to repair the API so that it delivers the correct results?

Thanks!
August 06, 2011, 12:42:04 PM
I perfectly understand that you have a lot of work with responses to emails, but if you have a backlog of 14 days of emails it would at least be nice to tell everyone in the queue that it may take a while longer. I am currently feeling ignored, with no response at all. I'd like to do my own investigations in my scam case, but I cannot without additional information from you, and the more time passes, the harder things get. With a reply to my email from July 22nd (that even had "urgent" in the subject), I'd be able to tell whether the Paypal account holder is the scammer or not, and take further legal actions if he is.
Pages:
Jump to: