Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement - page 3. (Read 218396 times)

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
I can't get a handle on the DPOS system used in NewPTS and BitShares. 

This is my understanding...

Unlike most POS where my own holding stake after a while rewarding me for securing the network, under DPOS I spend some of my god damn holdings to vote in up to 101 other bastards that get all the rewards leaving me with less and less every time I participate. 

Sounds like a system where the majority of the individuals holding get worth less and less over time (both actual by voting cost, and %Total since they get none of newly minted coins) while a select few elite delegates get richer off everyone else's back. 

Please enlighten me if I have this confused.

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
hey there guys, does anyone know a good PTS pool besieds ypool?
Yes, have you tried www.thiscoinisnotPoWanymore.com ??
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
hey there guys, does anyone know a good PTS pool besieds ypool?
Activity: 14
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
currently you have to be a delegate 1 of 100 to mine coins in the DPOS system. this is not the scrypt coin it was before. you have to be elected as delegate... but you mention needing to register key so you have the right client maybe? im confused for you!
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
Hi All lovin this new coin (ok not so new,) so started mining, that's goin ok, went to bter & traded for btc for pts, to load onto the wallet, opps slight problem, can't send to wallet without having the key registered, ok, must register key, opps, slight problem, how to register the key? can't send to the wallet address / key, without registering the key, can't load the wallet coz the key is not registered. ummm.... any help please? ie: send ne a small handfull of pts & i'll send a few back as well by way of thanks. thanks in advance.... Smiley
Can you explain how you started mining this coin?

Edit: Post your address so someone can donate you enough PTS for registration.
Activity: 16
Hi All lovin this new coin (ok not so new,) so started mining, that's goin ok, went to bter & traded for btc for pts, to load onto the wallet, opps slight problem, can't send to wallet without having the key registered, ok, must register key, opps, slight problem, how to register the key? can't send to the wallet address / key, without registering the key, can't load the wallet coz the key is not registered. ummm.... any help please? ie: send ne a small handfull of pts & i'll send a few back as well by way of thanks. thanks in advance.... Smiley
edit: (with thanks to harald etc...) PTS address : PTS8cqUCdc2xgjwHp12cZXjUpQN37SAidM4zzAewZywZj9FFGQ2rV
started mining with the jhProtominer & am doing so on the Ypool. i am mining PTS shares currently Unconfirmed (PTS) 0.00004819 Shares 34.1250 thanks all  Smiley
legendary
Has anyone any news from Cryptsy?
Cryptsy generally doesn't comply with these airdrops (even though this switch to DPOS is being touted as a fork, it's more of an airdrop), so hopefully you had your PTS in your own wallet or on an exchange like Bter that honors these arrangements.

I see that Bter has started trading the new DPOS PTS, which is good news.

Hmm no, the handful I have are on cryptsy
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Cryptsy honors these for some reason. The market on Cryptsy looks to be on the old chain. I don't know if anyone is still mining (it was incredibly slow even before the move to DPOS) and if you can get them in/out. In any case, you should try to contact Cryptsy and ask them to claim these on your behalf. Most likely, they'll say no though (I would be interested to know what they say, if they write back to you).
legendary
Forget-about-it
new price matching old marketcap put the DPOS PTS at between 150-200 satoshi. With a lot of room to grow Smiley

so the price on poloniex is = the true market? :\ tia
ya everyone got 570 coins for every one coin they had. so the assuming the same marketcap take the old price and divide by 570 = the new price.
I had about .4BTC aka 380PTS I got just under .001BTC/PTS before the swap.. now I have 220,000 PTS worth about .370 BTC at the current Bter.com price. So for all the madness, it went down less than 10% and to be honest the price was high when I bought because the snapshot was about to happen. also I got snapshot for DAC Sparkles.  overall I wish the price was higher since we moved from an antiquated slow blockchain to the new DPOS blockchain. but with the questions surrounding the sharedrops I think its just a period of stagnation. PTS and AGS still suggested to get sharedropped on by any 3rd party DAC created. BUT any Bitshares sub-DAC will get sharedropped by BTS holdings. This isnt news, the only question is how often will there be 3rd party DACs Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
#BITCOIN4LIFE
new price matching old marketcap put the DPOS PTS at between 150-200 satoshi. With a lot of room to grow Smiley

so the price on poloniex is = the true market? :\ tia
legendary
Forget-about-it
Activity: 36
i think the price of pts alway down is not good news , it seems decrease 1k times than the price before Sad

To reiterate, the supply of PTS in the new chain has been scaled to 1 Billion tokens. The reduction in the price represents this scaling. To find the amount of your stake in the new chain, multiply your old stake by about 567x.
Activity: 279
Merit: 100
i think the price of pts alway down is not good news , it seems decrease 1k times than the price before Sad
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441
Cryptsy generally doesn't comply with these airdrops (even though this switch to DPOS is being touted as a fork, it's more of an airdrop), so hopefully you had your PTS in your own wallet or on an exchange like Bter that honors these arrangements.

Hmm no, the handful I have are on cryptsy
Does any one still use the #protoshare IRC chat ?

The PTS devs are not using IRC yet.  Currently, the fastest way to get to them is to go to http://pts.cubeconnex.com. Do take note that it is transiting to http://ptstalk.org
is there a basic step buy step to become a delegate ?

There is a delegate guide (fresh from the oven) - http://pts.cubeconnex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Setting_up_a_delegate

Edit: Setting up a PTS delegate is now a piece of cake. Smiley
legendary

Activity: 138
Hix diff increase more and price is down than 10 times , how can to mine with that price , so bad

PTS is not POW anymore. It switched to the new DPOS system and you got your share on the new chain, if you were in possion of the private keys on 14. Dec.

Wow this is good news i know , i still mining at ypool.net , so if pts is end of pow it means i'm mining on new system ?

No it means you are still mining on what is now a dead chain.

PTSv2 is completely different, only link to PTSv1 is that you use your private keys from your PTSv1 wallet to claim your share of the PTSv2 based on the Dec14 snapshot.

omg , it means i'm still mining on dead coin , what problem with pts , why i dont see pool notice pts is end of pow and transfer to new version ? So maybe price come down to the hell

PTS has been upgraded to DPOS. You can import your private keys for PTS into the new version to claim your stake.

http://ptstalk.org

Also, here is a new target for your miners!

http://pool.minebitshares.com/
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441
Activity: 279
Hix diff increase more and price is down than 10 times , how can to mine with that price , so bad

PTS is not POW anymore. It switched to the new DPOS system and you got your share on the new chain, if you were in possion of the private keys on 14. Dec.

Wow this is good news i know , i still mining at ypool.net , so if pts is end of pow it means i'm mining on new system ?

No it means you are still mining on what is now a dead chain.

PTSv2 is completely different, only link to PTSv1 is that you use your private keys from your PTSv1 wallet to claim your share of the PTSv2 based on the Dec14 snapshot.

omg , it means i'm still mining on dead coin , what problem with pts , why i dont see pool notice pts is end of pow and transfer to new version ? So maybe price come down to the hell
Pages:
Jump to: