Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement - page 4. (Read 218396 times)

Activity: 599
Merit: 500
Does any one still use the #protoshare IRC chat ?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
is there a basic step buy step to become a delegate ?

There are the instructions for BitShares: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/How-To

You will need to adapt this for PTS. You can ask any questions you have in out forum: www.ptstalk.org, or you can always wait until our wiki is updated.
is there a basic step buy step to become a delegate ?
I will leave you with one message from myself, the core devs, delegates, and supporters: we're just getting started. I can say without hesitation that BitShares PTS is currently the most undervalue coin in existence. Think of the competitive advantages we have:

* PTS is the original sharedrop token. Why buy mining equipment or mint stake for a 1% return when you can buy into an entire ecosystem of new DACs just by holding PTS? As the interest in Bitcoin clones declines, developer interest in the BitShares Toolkit and the DPoS protocol are at an all-time high.
* PTS is a reference implementation of the BitShares Toolkit. Developers will choose to fork PTS and honor the social consensus because we will provide them with the knowledge, resources, and support to make their projects successful.
* Provably fair 100% proof of work distribution. No other DPoS coin has this.
* Deflationary DPoS protocol. Again, found only in PTS
/\yes believe me if cryptsy and polo don't figure it out soon we are going to have to spearhead a community effort to get to the bottom of this! The states the exchanges are registered in do not take internet fraud issues lightly...tbc     Wink     ~thanks team!!!

I personally notified cryptsy of the upgrade on multiple occasions and with plenty of advanced notice. I will continue to pressure them to honor user's stake in the new chain, but unfortunately things do not look good. Cryptsy has never honored a sharedrop or listed a DPoS coin on their exchange (BTS being the most glaring absence). The good news is that they have suspended trading of the old chain, which will help to reduce scams and confusion among their own users. One of the reasons we scaled the supply to 1 Billion was to make it infeasible for people to sell their worthless "old PTS" after the snapshot (since they would now need to discount it by 567X which makes the tokens effectively worthless).

PTS shareholders: If I can help you in any way, please let me know. I am at your service. You are also invited to join us on our new forum: www.ptstalk.org
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
#BITCOIN4LIFE
So is it 100% certain that PTS on cryptsy are now worthless??  what the? : (

no it looks like cryptsy purposefully and knowingly continue to list coins while not even doing the basics to keep the wallet backend up to date. The wallet seems to sync fine if you dl it,  yet you cannot currently generate a deposit address on cryptsy!~ so it looks like something strange and not right to me! :\ we are looking into it ...hopefully they update soon!

Ok great, thanks.

/\yes believe me if cryptsy and polo don't figure it out soon we are going to have to spearhead a community effort to get to the bottom of this! The states the exchanges are registered in do not take internet fraud issues lightly...tbc     Wink     ~thanks team!!!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441
So is it 100% certain that PTS on cryptsy are now worthless??  what the? : (

no it looks like cryptsy purposefully and knowingly continue to list coins while not even doing the basics to keep the wallet backend up to date. The wallet seems to sync fine if you dl it,  yet you cannot currently generate a deposit address on cryptsy!~ so it looks like something strange and not right to me! :\ we are looking into it ...hopefully they update soon!

Ok great, thanks.
#BITCOIN4LIFE

no it looks like cryptsy purposefully and knowingly continue to list coins while not even doing the basics to keep the wallet backend up to date. The wallet seems to sync fine if you dl it,  yet you cannot currently generate a deposit address on cryptsy!~ so it looks like something strange and not right to me! :\ we are looking into it ...hopefully they update soon!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441
Hix diff increase more and price is down than 10 times , how can to mine with that price , so bad

PTS is not POW anymore. It switched to the new DPOS system and you got your share on the new chain, if you were in possion of the private keys on 14. Dec.

Wow this is good news i know , i still mining at ypool.net , so if pts is end of pow it means i'm mining on new system ?

there is nothing wrong with mining a dead coin , you never know , ppl may want to buy it of you Tongue
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Hix diff increase more and price is down than 10 times , how can to mine with that price , so bad

PTS is not POW anymore. It switched to the new DPOS system and you got your share on the new chain, if you were in possion of the private keys on 14. Dec.

Wow this is good news i know , i still mining at ypool.net , so if pts is end of pow it means i'm mining on new system ?

No it means you are still mining on what is now a dead chain.

PTSv2 is completely different, only link to PTSv1 is that you use your private keys from your PTSv1 wallet to claim your share of the PTSv2 based on the Dec14 snapshot.
Activity: 279
Merit: 100

#BITCOIN4LIFE
per mod "scottlilo"  poloniex in the process of updating PTS name properly from "Protoshares" to "Bitshares" >> https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_pts

Wink

*someone had to point out the obvious!!!/\
strange you can still get interest on pts @ BTER.COM
Activity: 637
If the PTS trading as of today on Poloniex are already updated to PTSv2 not PTSv1 then I guess you are not throwing money away, but considering you get ~567 PTSv2 for each PTSv1 and the price has only dropped 100x...it appears they are actually 5x more expensive than equivalent PTSv1 were prior to the conversion.  If my math was correct (its late) I'd expect the price to drop further...no bargain right now.
What you say makes sense, too bad the crypto-markets are not driven by logics Smiley
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
If the PTS trading as of today on Poloniex are already updated to PTSv2 not PTSv1 then I guess you are not throwing money away, but considering you get ~567 PTSv2 for each PTSv1 and the price has only dropped 100x...it appears they are actually 5x more expensive than equivalent PTSv1 were prior to the conversion.  If my math was correct (its late) I'd expect the price to drop further...no bargain right now.
Activity: 637
what is going on with bter.i want to withdraw my bitshares but still disabled.really getting annoying now Angry
I you bothered to read some posts above your own you would see that PTS has ended it's PoW fase, so there are no blocks being processed so you can't move PTS, in fact PTS (as you know it) does not exists anymore, wait for the DPoS client to be released, then you will be able to move your new PTS (if you had a balance when the snapshot was taken).

Would be great to hear something from the dev BTW.

Anyone buying PTS now is burning their money, just wait for the new chain to start.

Edit: It seems the new binaries are already released here : https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS/releases
Activity: 644
what is going on with bter.i want to withdraw my bitshares but still disabled.really getting annoying now Angry
TIPS: BUY now from panic sellers!

Explain:
1. PTSv2 have 1,000,000,000 total.
2. BitsharesX have 2,500,000,000 total. And cost $ 0.015338.
3. Both coins will take 10% from all future DACs.
4. Do your math! Smiley

shhhh dont tell to many ppl , i was hoping they would dump even more after the snapshot
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
TIPS: BUY now from panic sellers!

Explain:
1. PTSv2 have 1,000,000,000 total.
2. BitsharesX have 2,500,000,000 total. And cost $ 0.015338.
3. Both coins will take 10% from all future DACs.
4. Do your math! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: