Pages:
Author

Topic: BlackCoin PUMP - the improved Mazatrain - page 5. (Read 9334 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
March 10, 2014, 06:42:15 PM
the scariest thing to me about this coin is that cryptowhale is talking about it
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
March 10, 2014, 06:36:21 PM
for blackcoin? or PoS in general.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
March 10, 2014, 06:34:20 PM
If you prefer not to do due diligence that is your own choice.

There are quite a few search results not only in this section of the forum but also over in the development section.

The material in the development section is likely to be more technical, but as bitcoin itself does not use proof of stake much of the material that started there may well have been moved to here by now.

-MarkM-

Maybe you need some due diligence, altcoins are men't to see what can be improved, PoS is a work in progress, so  LOL

Yes that is why I want to read their paper explaining what improvement it is that they made.

-MarkM-
March 10, 2014, 06:33:20 PM

There are quite a few search results not only in this section of the forum but also over in the development section.

The material in the development section is likely to be more technical, but as bitcoin itself does not use proof of stake much of the material that started there may well have been moved to here by now.

-MarkM-

Maybe you need some due diligence, altcoins are men't to see what can be improved, PoS is a work in progress, so  LOL
legendary
March 10, 2014, 06:27:26 PM

-MarkM-
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
March 10, 2014, 06:19:21 PM
Getting in on yet another insecure coin seems pretty stupid.

So first I'd like to read the whitepaper about how they solved the problem of Proof of Stake not being secure on its own.

-MarkM-

Id' like to know aswell, what's insecure about POS? Where can I read up on it?
March 10, 2014, 06:00:12 PM
what part is insecure? im sure it's not a 1000 word essay. maybe 200 tops?
legendary
March 10, 2014, 05:59:17 PM
No, the problems are all the ways that PoS is insecure.

Read up on it.

Having hybrid, so blocks can also be mined by proof of work, is one of the most commonly used fixes, but this coin is being touted as having done away with that.

So what mechanism is it using instead to fix the problems?

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
March 10, 2014, 05:54:26 PM
Haven't you read up on proof of stake? There have been many massively long threads going into all the problems.

-MarkM-

Yeah, the main problem is crypto kids can't hold onto a coin more than 7 days to earn any interest!
March 10, 2014, 05:50:51 PM
about people to dumb to clear a console, so they don't get keylogged? , or people to dumb to remember there password?
legendary
March 10, 2014, 05:49:01 PM
Haven't you read up on proof of stake? There have been many massively long threads going into all the problems.

-MarkM-
March 10, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

So first I'd like to read the whitepaper about how they solved the problem of Proof of Stake not being secure on its own.

-MarkM-

What problem, someone changed there attitude quickly? am i showing up a hero member?>
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
March 10, 2014, 05:42:13 PM
But it is pre-mined. No mining is possible, all the coins have already been mined.

The folk holding these are the pre-miners, they have already pre-mined it before you even came here to pump it up.

All those miners who already (aka pre) mined it will clog up the order book just fine.

Now if you'd like to clone it and start from scratch and give people a few years to mine some maybe then you'd be on to something...

-MarkM-

PREMINED? THE DEV HOLDS LESS THEN 40K BC ARE YOU RETARDED? Your a fucking hero member for god sakes are you that dumb holy shit

PLEASE GO READ THE BC THREAD YOU INCOMPETENT FUCK

Call it instamined if you prefer.

This thread is the first time this coin has been mentioned here at all, and already it is too late to mine it.

Maybe threads just scroll away so fast whatever previous times it was mentioned simply scrolled off into limbo too fast to get noticed.

-MarkM-

Regardless of what's going on with the OP, it's been listed here way before this
thread...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-blacknet-ibo-for-blackcoin-new-code-pos-no-ico-469640

No premine, no instamine. It's now pure POS, since POW has finished.
legendary
March 10, 2014, 05:41:42 PM

-MarkM-
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
March 10, 2014, 05:40:26 PM
But it is pre-mined. No mining is possible, all the coins have already been mined.

The folk holding these are the pre-miners, they have already pre-mined it before you even came here to pump it up.

All those miners who already (aka pre) mined it will clog up the order book just fine.

Now if you'd like to clone it and start from scratch and give people a few years to mine some maybe then you'd be on to something...

-MarkM-

PREMINED? THE DEV HOLDS LESS THEN 40K BC ARE YOU RETARDED? Your a fucking hero member for god sakes are you that dumb holy shit

This thread is the first time this coin has been mentioned here at all, and already it is too late to mine it.

Maybe threads just scroll away so fast whatever previous times it was mentioned simply scrolled off into limbo too fast to get noticed.

-MarkM-

Actually, there was a nethash of > 22 GH, so a lot got distributed. Then the price went down a lot, so anyone who held actually is at quite some loss. If you get in now, you get in cheaper than the miners with their hashrate did.
legendary
March 10, 2014, 05:40:07 PM
Also I don't see any link to any whitepaper explaining how the problem of proof of stake not being secure on its own has been solved.

Solving that would be pretty big news in crypto wouldn't it?

-MarkM-
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 10, 2014, 05:39:25 PM
For anyone getting caught up in this fakepump by BTCWhale ... unlucky. He's dumping some BC on you to buy more of the real pumpcoin for tonight which hasn't been announced.

Where is this announcement of valuable information you're talking about?
March 10, 2014, 05:38:05 PM

-MarkM-

-MarkM-

right, cause you know BC was a fair extremly good start!, at it's peak it reached 50gh. the thread was mentioned as #1 for over 10day's so w/e your mad you didin't get to mine it, btw there's a multi pool being set up so you can still mine it so LOL  to you sir! go back and see how many ppl INSTAMINED IT 0........ just wow.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 10, 2014, 05:36:31 PM
After looking at the coins trading history, I've decided to pull my investment out at a very, very small profit (bought at 800 sold at 879 I think).

The coin already had been worth double it is now. Any pump no would be for people trying to recoup their investment.. it's not going to go high.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 10, 2014, 05:34:33 PM
For anyone getting caught up in this fakepump by BTCWhale ... unlucky. He's dumping some BC on you to buy more of the real pumpcoin for tonight which hasn't been announced.
Pages:
Jump to: