Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 18. (Read 107986 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Hi All,

My first 2 of 3 Prismas showed up at my office on Thursday.  I had one of my drivers bring one home to me to play with this weekend and here are my initial reactions to the device.

1. Device itself.
a. BIG
b. Pretty, (Geeky way, Sci-Fi fan and all)
c. Functionality:
One of the handles is a little bent in but that only made it a bit difficult to connect a PSU connecter.  The Dip switches being where they are will make setting the next one in the chain up interesting.  Speaking of that where is the chart on the switches?

2. Software Setup / USB device
I am using the USB dongle, as the current software for the Controller Box does not work with most pools

a. CGminer
After figuring out that the Debian build of CGminer was broken (long story).  I was able to get the unit to work somewhat.  I was getting a lot of "Unexpected Response 00 from BET 0" and "Sync Error"  I am not sure what is causing this as the solution was several power cycling of the miner and unplugging the USB device from the computer.

b. BFGminer
I built a custom 4.10.0 build of BFGminer but was not able to get it to detect the Prisma at all.  I tried several things without results.  Will have to look into this more.

3. Powering
a. Don't even bench test with less then a 1300W PSU.  I had a 1000W PSU I thought I could use on the bench for short power up tests and minor 10 minutes bursts of mining.  No it did not work.  Thank god for protection circuits or that sucker would have been a goner.

b. Using Dual PSUs, there may be a sequencing thing that is needed to be done with the boards.  I have not proven this yet.  I am still testing to see if this is what causes the errors mentioned above.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
have you noticed the HUGE increase in hash rate just recently ?
I bet it's them mining with our PRISMAS !

AM had 60 Ph/s worth of chips. They don't need to mine with your PRISMAs. Since you guys are having no luck with email, have you tried contacting phasebird by QQ?

QQ number : 1327503207 (see below)

In particular, due to a lot of problems SKYPE currently have,for instant messages and constant contact requests,I strongly recommend you to install a IM software: QQ, from official website:

http://www.imqq.com/#       (international version)

Which is a powerful IM tool and I will be online for 7*24 with mobile phone,so that you can find me easier.  (Please write a postscript of your ID/info when adding me)

If they have 60 PH then where are the Prisma at? AM clearly said they have yield issues...did they not make these chips several months ago? Either way ignoring customers is bad business. I wanted to buy some, but do not participate in pre orders for this exact reason.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

AM had 60 Ph/s worth of chips. They don't need to mine with your PRISMAs. Since you guys are having no luck with email, have you tried contacting phasebird by QQ?

QQ number : 1327503207 (see below)

In particular, due to a lot of problems SKYPE currently have,for instant messages and constant contact requests,I strongly recommend you to install a IM software: QQ, from official website:

http://www.imqq.com/#       (international version)

Which is a powerful IM tool and I will be online for 7*24 with mobile phone,so that you can find me easier.  (Please write a postscript of your ID/info when adding me)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF

What does that offering have to do with Prisma miners?

he must be implying that prismas are mining in their DCs instead of being shipped.

I have no bone in either, but if you think about it.... Could be a possibility?

i dunno. possibilities dont always turn into realities.

Or maybe put it another way: How many people are working for AM? They have a DC to build and get units online for the IPO, at the same time they have to deal with shipping and real world "issues" such as a shipment going all the way to Switzerland and being returned to China, because of some botch-up. Of course just guessing here, but if I was in their boots and (possibly) understaffed, I'd get the units for the DC online first and then deal with shipping issues. Because well, you know, the BTC from the customers are already in their pockets. The ones that are "out there" to be mined aren't (yet).

Edit: Thinking of the wrong thread, sorry.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Using some expensive heaters
I was actually thinking of going to these too, because of the apparent value (GH/s per $).
It would appear the group buy guys, at least, are getting hardware shipped. But, I haven't hear about any folks buying here.
I was almost ready to pull the trigger, but questions about the controller convinced me to go with more S3s...

Now, I'm glad I gave it some extra thought.

I got my S3s a week ago, a few days after ordering.

Sorry to the folks having troubles.
These guys are supposed to be pretty good (trustworthy), but I guess you never know until you have the miner in your hand.  Undecided
legendary
Actually it makes perfect sense..not sure how I missed that.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

he must be implying that prismas are mining in their DCs instead of being shipped.

i dunno. possibilities dont always turn into realities.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

legendary
legendary
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
I was quite interested in these, but the lack of responses to the many questions asked here about not just the specs, but the units being delayed, shipping times & frustrated customers who have paid & get no responses to emails etc is quite off putting & disturbing. Seems like the usual pre-order nonsense to me.

I think I'll pass until some solid answers are given & units are being delivered. Good luck.
legendary
I recived an e-mail from them telling me I need to wait another 5 days.
I hope it's the last time they tell me to wait another X days
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
scams hunter!
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Pretty sure in their last update they said they had a delay shipping them...have you guys emailed the forum sales guy?

I've emailed Phasebird a couple of times, and haven't received a reply yet (other than the initial order). I was going to wait until tomorrow, a week from their last update here in the thread, before I pinged them again.

I understand delays, but when you have them, updates are necessary. If they're waiting on a new batch of ASICs because their useful yield is too low, they're probably still waiting. But letting us know what they are waiting on, and what ETAs their suppliers have given them, would be a huge step in improving trust in a low-trust environment such as (what has now become) a pre-order.

Come on friedcat & phasebird, you can improve your communication here! We trust you, and have entrusted a lot of BTC for the Prisma project. We did this because we care, and if there are issues you're having with the Prismas, we care enough to want to know what's going on! I work a full time job, but still have time to check BitcoinTalk every day. If I had a need to, I could also update this thread every day as well. Dropping a simple update each day would take almost no time, and would be refreshingly unique in the mining industry where hardware delays, non-communicative hardware manufacturers, and mistrust are status quo.

Be different!
legendary
Pretty sure in their last update they said they had a delay shipping them...have you guys emailed the forum sales guy?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
me to havn't any response for my emails  Angry
legendary
Dear AsicMiner, when are we going to recive our Prismas ?
I have tried contacting via e-mail many times but got no reply,
Thank you !
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Code:
RX                                                                                           
TX   +-+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
GND  | | Data Port                                                                           |
RX   +-+                                                                                     |
TX   | |                                                                                     |
GND  +-+                                                                                     |
     |                                                                                       |
     |                                                                                       |
     +----+                                                                                  |
     |    |  Power                                                                           |
     +----+                                                                                  |
     |    |                                                                                  |
     +----+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

That explains it perfectly. Thanks!!!
Pages:
Jump to: